The Drive to Stay Alive...and remove Bishop's horseshoe - Habs vs Lightning, Game 6

dlbalr

On Saturday night, the Habs made a mark in their franchise record book, extending a series that they trailed 3-0 to a sixth game. :1banana: Tonight, they look to go one step further and force a Game 7 at the Bell Centre.

canadiens.gif

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Weise
Prust - Eller - Parenteau
de la Rose - Mitchell - Smith-Pelly

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Gilbert

Price

tampa.gif

Palat - Johnson - Kucherov

Killorn - Stamkos - Marchessault

Paquette - Filppula - Brown

Morrow - Boyle - Namestnikov

Hedman - Stralman

Garrison - Coburn

Carle - Sustr

Bishop

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM on CBC, TVA Sports, and NBCSN.

• Upvote 2

Last night I dreamt patches scores 2 in another 2-1 OT win. I hope that's a good sign!

I had a dream that I was on the team. Fortunately I was on the bench the whole game and didn't get a shift. Great view though

So excited! GO HABS GO!

As always, the games first goal will be huge. Habs need to be aggressive but I think Tampa will come out with a fury and there will be an early storm to be weathered.

It will be a stroke of luck if Callahan is out tonight, but far from a given.

So true, first goal is huge. Fore check seems key to both team's success, need smart dump-ins/chip-ins and lots of speed going both ways. If Mtl forwards come back deep early to ease pressure on our d and allow for shorter 1st, 2nd passes so Habs aren't pinned down for stretches will aid les gars in a quick start and eventually open up the stretch pass later in the game. Teams have recognized Habs desire to move puck up boards to get out of own zone, so a deep curling centreman (a la Red Wings) adds support and creates additional options for 1st or 2nd pass.

Callahan has been a non factor, Drouin seems to have created more opportunities considering his limited appearances. I would rather Callahan is in, easier to defend against a straight line banger who also makes Stammer easier to defend against. Shouldn't matter who is in for them though, Habs need to have the desire to bring their A++ game and when that happens there are few that can keep up.

Haven't seen any updates regarding Emelin, so I assume he is good to go...?

Go Habs Go!

OMG Callahan surely IS a factor! His forechecking alone is second to none. How many times have you seen him finishing his checks? Guarantee the Habs D are a little relieved that Callahan is out. We don't need to be blasted into the boards every time down the ice that's for sure. Callahan may not have the pts, but he certainly is effective and is a true asset both on the ice and off.

Seven D from Coach Coop is kind of a weak move, but then again this coaching savant also rolls three pairings like Pee Wee hockey and plays Victor Hedman as much as MT plays Tom Gilbert some nights.

The Lightning are going to come out "angry" according to some of their players and Coop. We'll see what that means, but either way, they'll come out with their hair on fire.

Go Habs Go!

Haven't seen any updates regarding Emelin, so I assume he is good to go...?

Yep. He practised yesterday and will play tonight.

If Callahan doesn't go (and Cooper won't say he's out definitively which is rather shocking - he was released from the hospital this morning), Jonathan Audy-Marchessault appears to be the likely replacement (over Drouin/7 d-men).

Callahan is one of the most overrated hockey players in the league. He might be more overrated than Dustin Brown now. I'll miss him looking like he's about to cry after every play tonight.

On a team with a collective +/- of 0 these playoffs, Callahan is leading them at +7. He very quietly keeps other teams from scoring while he's on the ice, and helps contribute to the offense without putting up numbers.

If I could force a Tampa player to sit out of the game on a whim, he wouldn't be my first choice. But let's not pretend he's not useful to their team.

On a team with a collective +/- of 0 these playoffs, Callahan is leading them at +7. He very quietly keeps other teams from scoring while he's on the ice, and helps contribute to the offense without putting up numbers.

If I could force a Tampa player to sit out of the game on a whim, he wouldn't be my first choice. But let's not pretend he's not useful to their team.

You can be overrated and still be a good hockey player.

The way you talk about him is the way people talk about Tomas Plekanec when he isn't scoring. Callahan makes $1.4M more than Plekanec and Plek hit 60 points without being attached at the hip to a guy like Steven Stamkos. The biggest difference is one throws checks and the other shuts down stars.

Is Callahan skilled? Sure. But he shouldn't be making more than $4.5M.

Go Habs Go!!

Couple of snipes from Pacioretty, Subban helps out on the scoresheet and Carey plays his game. Easy as saying it's done. :P

I think Callaghan being out is huge news. I have been waiting for him to score a timely goal all series. He is a gritty, character player who can finish and is built for the playoffs