Habs Acquire Jeff Petry

Habsfan84

Actually he's exactly what we needed one of the reasons we lost to Rangers was because our defense was too slow especially in that series. Also as Bergevin always says you can never have enough D.

Could be. Like his speed and size. Do you see MT spreading out the talent and splitting up markov and pk at all?

Markov NB

PK Gonch

Petri Gilbert/Emelin

Amazing how MB manages to find value when everyone else is paying through the nose. What I wonder is what the top 6 looks like when Emelin returns?

Markov Subbban

Beaulieu Gonchar

Petry Emelin

Gilbert

Down the stretch I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to also give Gonchar a few games off here and there.

Last night the price of players this year was so ridiculously high, I figured MB would stand pat. No, he went and somehow convinced the Oil to part with Petry for, what seems like today, a drastic discount price. Wow.

You have to think that the demand side of the equation softened as yesterday wore on.

Could be. Like his speed and size. Do you see MT spreading out the talent and splitting up markov and pk at all?

Markov NB

PK Gonch

Petri Gilbert/Emelin

I think it's pretty much a given that Markov will be split from PK next year.

We need to cut down on his minutes ASAP. Give the minutes to Beaulieu.

I think it's pretty much a given that Markov will be split from PK next year.

We need to cut down on his minutes ASAP. Give the minutes to Beaulieu.

Likely so. But aside from easing up on the aging markov, also more balanced takent on the ice at all times. Just a thought.

But must say, after 60 games of playing together every night Markov and Subban are one hell of a pair. Both moving into norris consideration.

We could be in for a great upgrade at forward, especially if Tinordi, Eller and Parenteau rumours are true...

We could be in for a great upgrade at forward, especially if Tinordi, Eller and Parenteau rumours are true...

I really hope they can dump Paretneau.

I really hope they can dump Paretneau.

That would be nice. There is not a forward from last Saturdays line up that i would sit to play Paps. His contract is just taking up space. Trade him for a second rounder? likely third. Or part of a package for a player.

Was watching Sportsnet. Hrudey and Kypreos described Petry as an average player. Not sure if this is true or just sour grapes.

No, seems about right. But average is better than Gilbert at least.

Remember that pateryn has a one way contract next year. He should see more time with the big club then.

Also can't wait to hear an announcer say "Petri dishes" the puck

"Also can't wait to hear an announcer say "Petri dishes" the puck"

Good chemistry.

Thought so.

I've been working on it too in my spare time.

Me thinks Petry resigns come this summer

He reportedly turned down 4x4 to stay in Edmonton so he's likely going to be too pricey unless one of the other d-men (likely Gilbert or Emelin) get moved in the offseason.

Petry is en route to join the Habs and may play tonight against the Sharks (who are going to be without a couple of players having made some trades already today).

I like the trade in the short term. I'm not doing cartwheels about trading away a 2nd & 4th round pick for a guy who will probably walk after the Cup parade is over (joking about that last bit). Only if we re-sign him will I really consider this an ace move by Zoot Suit.

Love the trade. The Florida experiment is crap (Weaver/Gilbert). Would rather see Petry in the top 4 with Beaulieu and Gonchar/Emelin as the 3rd pair. Like MB ways says, its all about depth.

Love the trade. The Florida experiment is crap (Weaver/Gilbert). Would rather see Petry in the top 4 with Beaulieu and Gonchar/Emelin as the 3rd pair. Like MB ways says, its all about depth.

Agreed.