10 Black Aces Recalled

Commandant

This was my guess from earlier in the week:

G: Tokarski, Dubnyk

D: Beaulieu, Pateryn, Drewiske

F: Blunden, Dumont, Leblanc, Thomas

All I was missing was Andrighetto...I thought he would be sent to Switzerland to try to make the World Championship squad like Mayer was.

Andrighetto not gonna play for Switz?

I suppose he still could, national teams save some roster spots for those who get ousted in the first round. Perhaps he skates with the big club for a bit and then gets loaned. I don't think that will happen though (the Swiss federation I'm sure in that scenario would want him now).

I suppose he still could, national teams save some roster spots for those who get ousted in the first round. Perhaps he skates with the big club for a bit and then gets loaned. I don't think that will happen though (the Swiss federation I'm sure in that scenario would want him now).

Wouldn't be that Habs maybe want him available if a skilled forward got hurt? Or do the Swiss have a fairly deep team already?

Wouldn't be that Habs maybe want him available if a skilled forward got hurt? Or do the Swiss have a fairly deep team already?

Could be either, both, or neither. I don't know the Swiss National team players all that well to say what potential role Andrighetto would play but I'd imagine that if a skilled forward is needed, Thomas would get the first nod given that he's a bit more experienced and has played in a couple of NHL games this year.

I would want Andrighetto practicing with the HABS, the SWiSS team doesn't pay for his salary. Though it would be good for him to play at the Worlds, Stanley Cup action is very different. I'm sure that the starting team practicing against his type of speed will help the HABS.

He needs to see what playoff hockey is all about. This player dev't situation is priceless.

I would want Andrighetto practicing with the HABS, the SWiSS team doesn't pay for his salary. Though it would be good for him to play at the Worlds, Stanley Cup action is very different. I'm sure that the starting team practicing against his type of speed will help the HABS.

He needs to see what playoff hockey is all about. This player dev't situation is priceless.

- No one is paying his salary at the moment, he's getting a per diem and nothing more. He'd get that with Switzerland too. Robert Mayer made more than Andrighetto this year and he was loaned so it's not a matter of who's paying who.

- He's not going to see what playoff hockey is about unless about half the team gets hurt. His best shot at playing in competitive games is actually for the National Team.

- He also won't be practising with the NHL team. The Black Ace squad practices separately from the big club; Andrighetto will practice with the same players he has all season.

- No one is paying his salary at the moment, he's getting a per diem and nothing more. He'd get that with Switzerland too. Robert Mayer made more than Andrighetto this year and he was loaned so it's not a matter of who's paying who.

- He's not going to see what playoff hockey is about unless about half the team gets hurt. His best shot at playing in competitive games is actually for the National Team.

- He also won't be practising with the NHL team. The Black Ace squad practices separately from the big club; Andrighetto will practice with the same players he has all season.

Is that a written/unwritten rule that call ups kept separate on 2nd ice surface in Brossard?

Is that a written/unwritten rule that call ups kept separate on 2nd ice surface in Brossard?

There's no real rule so to speak. Last year they weren't even in Montreal but rather they stayed in Hamilton. At least this way, they can skate with the scratches and whatnot on game days or be pulled into a regular practice if need be. It's wise to keep them separate though as having 6-7 lines and D pairings would likely mess up the main practices.

Could be either, both, or neither. I don't know the Swiss National team players all that well to say what potential role Andrighetto would play but I'd imagine that if a skilled forward is needed, Thomas would get the first nod given that he's a bit more experienced and has played in a couple of NHL games this year.

Andrighetto far outplayed Thomas at the AHL level this year. I think he's the guy if we need skill.

Andrighetto far outplayed Thomas at the AHL level this year. I think he's the guy if we need skill.

Thomas was getting outplayed and still was picked over Andrighetto to come up earlier in the year. Not that it much matters as neither of them should play...if they do, the Habs are in deep trouble.

Thomas was getting outplayed and still was picked over Andrighetto to come up earlier in the year. Not that it much matters as neither of them should play...if they do, the Habs are in deep trouble.

Maybe had to do with youth of Andrighetto, not physically ready and effect call up seems to have on some players?

No question who stood out between the 2 this season. Which also didn't help Pateryn, but I suppose Tinordi is better physically and Beaulieu quicker and full of confidence.