Getting Ready for Camp: Four Prospects looking for a full-time spot.

Commandant

Today's Top Shelf is on the Montreal Canadiens and features our scouting reports on Beaulieu, de la Rose, Tinordi and Sekac. There is also a link to Scherbak's pre-draft report.

These four players are all looking for a spot on the team full time (and with at least 1 forward and 2 defence spots available), will be getting long looks from the team.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/08/25/tsp-montreal-canadiens-prospects/

Hope you enjoy.

Does anyone else see Tinordi/Beaulieu making the team as the third pairing? When I look at the offseason moves, I see that MB wanted a shakeup on the blueline. More youth, more speed.

I don't think you play two rookies together, and besides that they both look much better playing LD than RD.

Both struggled when put on their wrong side, but played better in their natural LD spot.

de la Rose must have slim odds of not being a Bulldog in Oct and I still think Sekac will likely start there also, but most seem to think he is a lock to be a Hab?

Would prefer to see Bournival earn a spot and see how the other two look in Hamilton first, is a very long season so no big hurry.

And I am pulling for Tinordi to come into camp 235lbs and finally be strong enough to handle larger NHL opposition forwards (Hartnell/Perry/Backes types) and also hope Beaulieu has trained hard, but still gets cut, starts season in Hamilton and actually shines vs minor leaguers.

the dynamic in mtl is gradually changing..i'd bet good money that mb/mt take a good long look at both de la rose and sekac. don't forget moen and prust aren't 100%. would the two rookies be used as 4th liners? not likely, but definitely 3rd line and maybe a 2nd line

the dynamic in mtl is gradually changing..i'd bet good money that mb/mt take a good long look at both de la rose and sekac. don't forget moen and prust aren't 100%. would the two rookies be used as 4th liners? not likely, but definitely 3rd line and maybe a 2nd line

I think De Last Rose could play a fourth line game but not Sekac.