Beaulieu-Bouillon

maybe?

Guest Stogey24

I assume both Tinordi & Beaulieu will be in vs Hawks

Subban-Gorges

Tinordi Weaver

Beaulieu-Bouillon

maybe?

I mean I wish he was ready for a full-time role.

I mean I wish he was ready for a full-time role.

He is only 21 and lots to learn. D-men can take a long time.

But on a weaker team, I would think, he would likely already be full time.

There are rumblings that Brendan Shanahan may look to pry Martin Lapointe out of the Habs' front office to join Toronto's staff. For those who don't know, Lapointe is Montreal's Director of Player Development.

There are rumblings that Brendan Shanahan may look to pry Martin Lapointe out of the Habs' front office to join Toronto's staff. For those who don't know, Lapointe is Montreal's Director of Player Development.

It's only fair since we stole their assistant GM.

It's only fair since we stole their assistant GM.

Can't we offer Brisbios instead?

• 2 months later...

Am fine with Weaver for a full year, but I do hope they do/can rely on couple of young d for regular spots. But, will be good competition between them.

Not so keen on Plekanec to Coyotes rumour/possibility, but Yandle is a good d-men; but, can Eller fill Plekanec's defensive role yet? Could maybe sign Steve Ott to fill Eller's current spot (I know is more dealing than Bergevin will actually do but spitballing)?

I'll be shocked if they trade Plekanec. Yandle, however, is just what the doctor ordered for the blueline and would be a phenomenal acquisition.

Weaver: quality veteran. Bring him back, force Tinordi or Beaulieu to earn spots. Besides, you need depth in case of injury. That'd be a good decision.

Hell yeah, sign Weaver, just makes sense to have a guy like that, with that compete and " do the little things" mentality around the young guys, as well as the depth in case of injury.

I keep getting on and off the trade Pleks bus, there are so many reasons why it's a bad idea... however, a top 4 D man like Yandle is a good reason. Worst case, see what the young D guys bring at camp, sign Weaver and Markov, and if trading Plek + will get us that top line player, then think about it harder. Really is no rush to trade him, as it could make us a worse team for a while, and probably will unless Lars and Alex take off big time early and often next season.... We do however need that top line A+ player, I just hate the thoughts of being cap handicapped by huge contracts that last forever....and players that get Gomez-itus when they get that long term deal. At least with 5 mil for Pleks, you know what you are getting for the next two years, and that's a pretty good all round player, better than most.

Plekanec is consistently undervalued by many (even many Habfans), cept by opposing GMs who would love to add him as a shutdown centre, who can be pencilled in for 20+ goals and at $5m/yr.

So if he was dealt by Habs this year, I am sure the return would be significant and be a bit of bidding war for his services.

Actually, with Spezza, Kesler, and possibly Marleau or Thornton on the market, now seems like an absolutely awful time to be shopping Pleks around.

And even if there were a bidding war, I still wouldn't move him unless the return was just too good to pass up. He is absolutely critical to this team. Betting the franchise on Eller...hoo boy, that is one desperate Hail Mary managerial play.

100% agree and why I would be shocked to hear Tomas is being moved (and I am a fan, so hope he stays).

But, if return is good enough, Bergevin would have to consider it?

(agree Dave)

100% agree and why I would be shocked to hear Tomas is being moved (and I am a fan, so hope he stays).

But, if return is good enough, Bergevin would have to consider it?

you could say that for anyone really. If MB had an offer for Galchenyuk that was really good he should consider it.

I think that if the deal is there and it will improve the team them Plekanec should go, if the return isn't good enough then he stays

In what feels like an almost obvious situation, Bob McKenzie is reporting that the Colorado Avalanche are openly shopping right winger PA Parenteau. The 31 year old has two more years on his contract at $4M. Parenteau had an off year in Colorado due to the addition of Mackinnon knocking him out of the top six but still put up 33 points in 55 games. In 2011-2012 on John Tavares' line in Long Island he put up 67 points.

if he's being openly shopped, he might not cost that much. Also, Winnipeg is pretty much open to trading anyone other than Andrew Ladd. That includes Evander Kane.

In what feels like an almost obvious situation, Bob McKenzie is reporting that the Colorado Avalanche are openly shopping right winger PA Parenteau. The 31 year old has two more years on his contract at $4M. Parenteau had an off year in Colorado due to the addition of Mackinnon knocking him out of the top six but still put up 33 points in 55 games. In 2011-2012 on John Tavares' line in Long Island he put up 67 points.

if he's being openly shopped, he might not cost that much. Also, Winnipeg is pretty much open to trading anyone other than Andrew Ladd. That includes Evander Kane.

Given the heat around Parenteau-to-Montreal rumours last spring, I would not at all be surprised to see him in Habs' jersey this September.

Kane is a much longer shot because he would require a very significant restructuring of the core.

Not so keen on Plekanec to Coyotes rumour/possibility, but Yandle is a good d-men; but, can Eller fill Plekanec's defensive role yet?

I heard the same rumour this week-end while I was drinking with some buddies in Boston. As much as I do like Plex, I think a straight up one for one trade for Yandle is a no-brainer for the Habs...In fact, I don't see how Phoenix would pull this trade off!?!? This trade would favor the Habs too much!

As far as P.A. Parenteau is concerned, I don't think he's the solution to our problems. We need to get BIGGER...and while Parenteau isn't small, he's not BIG either!

Lastly, I heard this morning that apparently Markov is asking for a 3 year term worth 18 million$ . I don't mind giving him 6 million$ per year, however I'm worried that 3 years could be a little too long. Let's hope Zuit Suite can get Markov to accept a 2 year deal!

Well I think 3 years is too long and 6 million is too much. At 36 he simply doesn't command that kind of money. If we are going to sign him 2 years should be the max. And I would say 3 milion plus bonuses. It is the best way to go with aging veterans who get beat as often as Markov does now. He no long has the speed. He has recovered well from his knee operations but that can change in the blink of an eye.

If we are going to sign him 2 years should be the max. And I would say 3 milion plus bonuses.

That is not a realistic offer! You would basically be "insulting" Markov.

Don't you think Markov could get 3 years for $18 mil on the UFA market? I do.

That said, a 2-year term should be possible as a version of the "hometown discount." He has always liked Montreal and beyond a shadow of a doubt wants to stay here. Structuring part of that salary as bonuses probably makes sense too, but again - he could likely avoid that on the open market.

That is not a realistic offer! You would basically be "insulting" Markov.

Really? It seemed to work for Iginla, he wasn't insulted. 35+ contracts are very dangerous just ask Philli and Boston.

Don't you think Markov could get 3 years for $18 mil on the UFA market? I do.

That said, a 2-year term should be possible as a version of the "hometown discount." He has always liked Montreal and beyond a shadow of a doubt wants to stay here. Structuring part of that salary as bonuses probably makes sense too, but again - he could likely avoid that on the open market.

He might but that does not mean we should do it.

We don't have to re-sign Markov, but if we don't, we'll head into he season now short TWO top-4 defencemen rather than one.

You'd better have a Plan B that does not include the names Beaulieu or Tinordi if you're hoping to ice a team that can make the playoffs.