Dec. 1, Columbus vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

I don't mind the Columbus guys. Maybe it's because Centre Ice up here carries the CBJ feed but there are some much bigger homers out there I think.

At least Rimer isn't saying "Boy-low" this year. But brutal that their only real comment on the Foligno hit was questioning why he was grabbing his head when he got hit with a clean knee. Notmclean, and he hit his head on the way down.

Health aside (and he didn't look too good after that fight), one other possible concern with Beaulieu - rule 70.2:

70.2 Legal Line Change – A player who has entered the game while play is in progress from his own players’ bench or legally from the penalty bench (penalty time has expired) who starts an altercation may be subject to discipline in accordance with Rule 28 – Supplementary Discipline.

Beaulieu's shift before the fight lasted all of 9 seconds and he was on the bench at the time of the hit. He got on the ice, skated to Foligno, and after a couple of seconds and, more importantly, at Beaulieu's request, they fought. Technically, that qualifies as 'leaving the bench on a legal line change to start an altercation'. In recent years, that has carried a minimum of a two game suspension. Given the circumstances, I don't think they would suspend him here as it's not as blatant as the ones that were suspensions but they could if they applied this rule.

• Upvote 1

Nathan was looking dangerous with his swings but left himself wide open in between the big shots he was throwing and ate one coming in, tough kid though, that shot could have KO'd most people, especially when you are stepping into your own punch, to eat a punch coming in always doubles the impact force

Nathan was looking dangerous with his swings but left himself wide open in between the big shots he was throwing and ate one coming in, tough kid though, that shot could have KO'd most people, especially when you are stepping into your own punch, to eat a punch coming in always doubles the impact force

That's what makes Prust such a great fighter-defense. Beaulieu had the two things in common that you see in almost all KOs:

1. No head movement

2. No respect for the opponent's power punch

Boy-low is the pronunciation as per the official NHL pronunciation guide.

Weird. Had not heard him called that since he first came up. Be interesting to know if that is actually the right pronunciation and most people "French-ify" it.

Health aside (and he didn't look too good after that fight), one other possible concern with Beaulieu - rule 70.2:

Beaulieu's shift before the fight lasted all of 9 seconds and he was on the bench at the time of the hit. He got on the ice, skated to Foligno, and after a couple of seconds and, more importantly, at Beaulieu's request, they fought. Technically, that qualifies as 'leaving the bench on a legal line change to start an altercation'. In recent years, that has carried a minimum of a two game suspension. Given the circumstances, I don't think they would suspend him here as it's not as blatant as the ones that were suspensions but they could if they applied this rule.

Wow. And I thought the instigator penalty was bad.

Nice winner from Patches, but he was clutching the stick this game. He reminded me why I once thought him to be our worst passing forward (he's improved, but is still below average on a very good passing team).

Did Patches play well enough for a first star tonight?

Who would have been a better choice. if any?

Maybe PK? Played yeoman's minutes and drew the decisive penalty.

We're seeing last year's playoff Markov lately

An occasional night off would not be a bad idea to keep him fresh; at the very least, he should not be playing back-to-back games this season. I'd like to see him rested in one of the two every time that happens.

Guest Stogey24

Nice winner from Patches, but he was clutching the stick this game. He reminded me why I once thought him to be our worst passing forward (he's improved, but is still below average on a very good passing team).

Maybe PK? Played yeoman's minutes and drew the decisive penalty.

I try not to say anything bad about Max, but man he's the Worst passer! Makes some bad plays. I'm going to get alot of shit for this, but I don't even think he's that good besides his goal scoring

I try not to say anything bad about Max, but man he's the Worst passer! Makes some bad plays. I'm going to get alot of shit for this, but I don't even think he's that good besides his goal scoring

His speed and defensive play are normally stellar.