Game 1: Habs vs Lightning, 7 PM

dlbalr

Great win!

Lindback is there for the taking, but Price needs to get his sh!t together for the rest of the series.

Price looked more like Price in the OT, his rebound control in particular is strong. I think he'll be better on Friday night...a game in which I can actually watch in its entirety, yippee.

What a thrilling game.

A true playoff game, with the speed, the desperation, and Tampa having a chance, even though they were badly outplayed.

You have to feel good about Price making some saves at the end. He can come away with some confidence that he contributed.

Briere is looking good. Subban got much better as the game went on. Prust played a lot of minutes, Therrien isn't shy about deploying players after injury. Weise is looking like our future Danny Paille. Markov and Emelin should be supplanted by Gorges. Bouiilon didn't screw anything up and Bournival fit in.

Great news. I'll be at game 2 after all. I got a call from a buddy of mine who can get the day off from work.

Are you guys going to start listening to me? How many times did I say " if we could only get that wiess guy out of Vancouver" Huh? never? really? HMMM I know I said something. :rofl:

I think Bournival will be a nice player in a couple years.

Agreed. The kid skates like the wind, has a bit of grit and his heart is in the right place!

Crazy game, but boy was it nerve wracking!!! Now if only we can find out a way to fix the PP and stop those turnovers in the defensive zone, everything will be perfect!!!

Well, my nerves are shot....I'm getting too old for playoff OT games. Some comfort in knowing that our guys didn't get the number of bounces (or puck luck, as some call it) that they deserved, and if they continue to carry as much of the play as they did in this game, they should win future games by a more comfortable margin.

We played a great game for the most part. Carried the puck better, took more shots, never backed down. Problem was that any time we would cough up the puck, Tampa would get deadly chances. Kept reminding me of when Finland played Sweden in the World Juniors. Finland attacked constantly while Sweden had a scoring chance every time they entered the zone.

if they continue to carry as much of the play as they did in this game, they should win future games by a more comfortable margin.

Agreed. Let's hope our boys can keep up the pressure on the Bolts!

Well, I watched the whole thing EXCEPT the final two minutes when my PVR cut out!!!!!!! :wall:

Thank God they won or I'd REALLY be depressed.

My random thoughts:

Somewhat unsettling night for Price, until the overtime. It's an all-too-familiar story - "well, that goal wasn't that bad, maybe you can't really blame him..." Say that four times a night and pretty soon you're eliminated. Fortunately he was his usual self in OT, but he needs to put it together from pole to pole for Game Two.

Great game by Eller, Plekanec (although he tapered off), Vanek, Gorges, Briere, and a few others - notably Bouillon! :lol: It'll make Habs29 puke to read that, but Frankie Boo Boo was really givin' her tonight. However, I NEVER want to see him paired with Weaver in OT EVER AGAIN. As for Desharnais, I don't want to hear any more B.S. about him not being playoff-calibre. He was blood and guts all night.

Weaver sucked. Prust was sub-par. Patches had moments but never really broke loose. And frankly, PK didn't look comfortable. We're gonna need him to find his groove.

What we're seeing is a Habs team that is now playoff-tested. It makes a big difference. We played quite a fine game apart from a couple of breakdowns that of course ended up in the net. TB has some dangerous forwards, not just Stamkos; and I don't trust our D-corps to be able to really clamp down on those mistakes (remember that another top-4 defenceman is the one missing element that would make us true heavy-duty contenders) so I'd expect some harrowing moments in this series, and if Price fails to be Price we won't win. That said, I loved the tight, crisp passing and the deadly forechecking that had TB bottled in like crazy for extended periods. Therrien has them playing the right system. If our best players play their best, we should win this thing.

EDIT: You gotta hand it to Bergevin. Weise delivered the goods, Vanek was our most dangerous forward, and Briere made it happen in OT. Other than the abortion that was Mike Weaver tonight, Zoot Suit's moves sure looked like the right ones tonight! And I don't mean just his dance moves :B)

Well, I watched the whole thing EXCEPT the final two minutes when my PVR cut out!!!!!!! :wall:

My random thoughts:

Somewhat unsettling night for Price, until the overtime. It's an all-too-familiar story - "well, that goal wasn't that bad, maybe you can't really blame him..." Say that four times a night and pretty soon you're eliminated. Fortunately he was his usual self in OT, but he needs to put it together from pole to pole for Game Two.

Great game by Eller, Plekanec (although he tapered off), Vanek, Gorges, Briere, and a few others - notably Bouillon! :lol: It'll make Habs29 puke to read that, but Frankie Boo Boo was really givin' her tonight. However, I NEVER want to see him paired with Weaver in OT EVER AGAIN. As for Desharnais, I don't want to hear any more B.S. about him not being playoff-calibre. He was blood and guts all night.

Weaver sucked. Prust was sub-par. Patches had moments but never really broke loose. And frankly, PK didn't look comfortable. We're gonna need him to find his groove.

What we're seeing is a Habs team that is now playoff-tested. It makes a big difference. We played quite a fine game apart from a couple of breakdowns that of course ended up in the net. TB has some dangerous forwards, not just Stamkos; and I don't trust our D-corps to be able to really clamp down on those mistakes (remember that another top-4 defenceman is the one missing element that would make us true heavy-duty contenders) so I'd expect some harrowing moments in this series, and if Price fails to be Price we won't win. That said, I loved the tight, crisp passing and the deadly forechecking that had TB bottled in like crazy for extended periods. Therrien has them playing the right system. If our best players play their best, we should win this thing.

EDIT: You gotta hand it to Bergevin. Weise delivered the goods, Vanek was our most dangerous forward, and Briere made it happen in OT. Other than the abortion that was Mike Weaver tonight, Zoot Suit's moves sure looked like the right ones tonight! And I don't mean just his dance moves :B)

Had to watch the late show... what a fun game... nerve wracking... but I sure liked what I saw out there, and how sweet to see Pleks and Gionta light it up along with Wease. Loved the speed and attack of Desharnais, and that Vanek... scoring machine. Race horse.

Some of you guys really called this one. Eller's looked super.

So how the hell about that.. we come out of game 1 with a win.

Terrific. Very pleasant experience to see our boys flying out there.

Loved it.

YEAHHH HABS! :hyper:

You know how every playoffs there is one free agent grinder who outperforms his limited abilities and scores numerous key goals that help take his team deep into the playoffs?

Dale Weise ? :pray:

This series will come down to coaching adjustments.....MT's game plan was better tonight, but I think Cooper will make adjustments and Tampa will come out with an improved game on Friday. I am still weary of trusting MT in a long series because he has a hard time adjusting his strategies.

But then again I expect a much better game from Price on Friday so it may work out.

As for Desharnais, I don't want to hear any more B.S. about him not being playoff-calibre. He was blood and guts all night.

True story! One game is not a playoff season, but what an effort by him, won battles he shouldn't have all game long, good on DD!

I was hard on the bandwagon to trade him, but all he needed was those first few points to come, Vanek has enhanced DD's passing/vision game to elite level, and DD has worked incredibly hard, I certainly don't mind choking down this Crow..... :gohabsgo:

Guest Stogey24

My random thoughts:

Weaver was showing his true colours last night. There is a reason he was traded for a 5th round Pick. He's fine for play on the P.K, but he's pretty awful 5 on 5. I would be leaning towards having Murray or Tinordi take his place. As for Subban... he made a couple of decent plays, but he it's pretty nerve racking when he's dancing around on the point with the puck.

I found myself nervous every time Tampa got a shot on net, despite not feeling that way all year. Price did not have a good game at all and got bailed out on a few occasions by the D. His is moving far too much laterally and leaving himself out of position. This is typical of him when he has off games, he just needs to slow down and let the puck come to him, not the other way around. I'm sure Waite will be all over this in the video review.

What'd I say?

Briere was dominant. His one assist doesn't say much on the scoreboard, but his 18+ minutes of play time and his Corsi numbers were fantastic - it was all about possession play. And let's face it...that one assist couldn't have come at a better time.

110 points in 109 playoff games.

Edited by Jeff Price (no relation)

Only 2 players in game were +2, Weaver & Bouillon. And 4 blocks and nice assist for Weaver as well.

Briere, Vanek, Weise & Weaver all helped put Bergevin in a dancing mood. :clap:

Guest Stogey24

Only 2 players in game were +2, Weaver & Bouillon. And 4 blocks and nice assist for Weaver as well.

Briere, Vanek, Weise & Weaver all helped put Bergevin in a dancing mood. :clap:

Weaver had some terrible turnovers that could have cost Montreal the game. Bouillion played great though. Saved the day with his back checking at the end.

Weaver had some terrible turnovers that could have cost Montreal the game. Bouillion played great though. Saved the day with his back checking at the end.

1 costly pinch was all I remember, which caused 2 on 1, but Habs d were all pinching and mostly paid off well.

And that pinch I wouldn't say was 'terrible' (Gallagher was there to cover also), so other than Price I didn't see much to complain about for any skater.