January 27th, 2013, Devils @ Habs

dlbalr

Markov is a superstar.

He can't keep scoring at a goal-per-game pace, though :D It'd be nice to be able to insert Subban in the lineup right around the time he starts to cool off. Just sayin'. :habslogo:

Markov is a superstar.

He can't keep scoring at a goal-per-game pace, though :D It'd be nice to be able to insert Subban in the lineup right around the time he starts to cool off. Just sayin'. :habslogo:

Markov, and the D are playing great.... but it will be impossible to sustain their minutes in this short schedule.

Weber got like 10 minutes last night..... Kaberle 12-14 vs Florida and Washington. We are basically running a 5 man rotation and playing them a ton of minutes.

If injuries hit one of those 5, we're in trouble. Even if injuries don't hit, they are gonna tire, as the season is very compressed.

We still need Subban to soak up his 22-24 minutes and lighten the load on everyone, especially Markov and Bouillion who are older.

Markov, and the D are playing great.... but it will be impossible to sustain their minutes in this short schedule.

Weber got like 10 minutes last night..... Kaberle 12-14 vs Florida and Washington. We are basically running a 5 man rotation and playing them a ton of minutes.

If injuries hit one of those 5, we're in trouble. Even if injuries don't hit, they are gonna tire, as the season is very compressed.

We still need Subban to soak up his 22-24 minutes and lighten the load on everyone, especially Markov and Bouillion who are older.

Yeah. Everything looks great right now, but just as you say, one injury on the back end and problems arise. We will only be able to thrive without PK for so long.

I'm still expecting the Gal(l)ys to take a step back at some point. Maybe I'm just congenitally pessimistic, but the odds of these kids playing this well for the entire 48-game sked are probably on the long side. Admittedly, though, the shortened schedule gives them a better chance of avoiding the traditional mid-season doldrums that take hold once the initial burst of rookie enthusiasm wears off and guys get ground down.

I doubt that Plekanec can improve this part of his game and I believe that Desharnais is not helped by his small size. Our future is Galchenyuck and I still hope that Eller can develop as a center.

Eller is developing into a pile of junk trade. How e ended up with him over Oshie, Backed, Perron, McD is beyond me. Who impacted their team more? Halal or Eller. Ouch

Eller is developing into a pile of junk trade. How e ended up with him over Oshie, Backed, Perron, McD is beyond me. Who impacted their team more? Halal or Eller. Ouch

Too early to say yet. First of all, we don't know if the Blues gave the choice to Gauthier. I personally doubt that. Secondly, I remember how John LeClair looked unable to blossom in Montreal before he was traded. Eller could prove us wrong if we lose patience with him. He has all the tools, size, speed, ability. What he needs is a role and confidence. I haven't quit on him.

I see what you did there. Looked at the Blues roster, and tried to pick better players. They probably were not available. I'm not a Pierre Gauthier defender in the slightest, but let's not assume he was allowed to pick and chose anyone he wanted.

Lol. Halak was a high impact rfa who had starting goalie written all over him. St. Louis had high impact guys on the roster and Gauthier went and got Bulis. I doubt he will ever be more than a third liner. After 3 seasons, I argue that he should have developed by now. He is junk compared to what was given up. Could end up good, but I doubt it. I just hope he becomes a serviceable defensive centre. Aside from one game, that is what I see. I would be happy if he could do that.

I see what you did there. Looked at the Blues roster, and tried to pick better players. They probably were not available. I'm not a Pierre Gauthier defender in the slightest, but let's not assume he was allowed to pick and chose anyone he wanted.

It's like picking stocks after they have moved 1000%. It's always easier after than before. And like you said, Gauthier probably did not have the choice.

Sometimes, it also plays in your favor. I remember that Josef Balej was traded to the Rangers for Kovalev. It was rumored that Sather had the choice between him and Plekanec. Not only were we glad to bag Kovalev for a player who never made it in the NHL, but we kept Plekanec who has become a big part of our team.

Conclusion: you won't win them all. What you need is to keep a good batting average.

Lol. Halak was a high impact rfa who had starting goalie written all over him. St. Louis had high impact guys on the roster and Gauthier went and got Bulis. I doubt he will ever be more than a third liner. After 3 seasons, I argue that he should have developed by now. He is junk compared to what was given up. Could end up good, but I doubt it. I just hope he becomes a serviceable defensive centre. Aside from one game, that is what I see. I would be happy if he could do that.

In a year where Evgeni Nabokov couldn't get a FA contract.

In a year where St. Louis' starter Chris Mason, and Philly's starter Martin Biron took massive discounts to become backups.

In a year where Chicago walked away from Antti Niemi at three million and sent Cristobal Huet to Europe, signing Marty Turco for 1.5 million.

And just a few months after Atlanta traded Kari Lehtonen for the fantastic package of.... Ivan Vishnevskiy and a fourth-round draft pick in the 2010 draft.

• Upvote 1

So... I miss a game in Montreal with Brodeur in nets that we win with our resurrected Markov and Gal(l)y slave rookies.

Some hockey fan I turned out to be... :blush:

Thanks for all the posts guys.

The bad medical prognosis on Markov cost us soooo much that year....