Dallas Stars at Montreal Canadiens | January 27th, 2015 | 1930 EST

lazy26

That was a terrible intentional offside call. And a very poor decision by Therrien to not have two centres out there for the D-zone faceoff. That one stings. But, considering the fluky way that the Habs got their first goal, it all evens out.

I was pissed at Therrien for this. The key here is not to put two wingers out on the ice who will put their body in front of a shot. The key is to win the ing faceoff to AVOID a shot.

Showcasing ? Could be. He has been playing great hockey. Recently became a father and the lack of sleep he jokes is "improving his game" He is without a doubt the best bulldog forward (excluding Hudon and the rookies upside) Not his habs long term plans as MB purposely moving away from the smurfs era.

Guest Stogey24

Showcasing ? Could be. He has been playing great hockey. Recently became a father and the lack of sleep he jokes is "improving his game" He is without a doubt the best bulldog forward (excluding Hudon and the rookies upside) Not his habs long term plans as MB purposely moving away from the smurfs era.

Hudon, Andrighetto, Dumont, Thomas. All undersized players that are Montreal's best prospects right now.... This team has gotten bigger from years passed, but the young talent is pretty much all small forwards.

Malhotra's time with Habs could be coming to an end and he is destined to be a mentor for Hudon, de la Rose, Andrighetto?

I hope not. This team has had a long-running issue with faceoffs. I think it would be dumb to dump a fourth line center who is the best faceoff man in the league to squeeze an extra 3-5 goals out of a guy like Dumont.

Hudon, Andrighetto, Dumont, Thomas. All undersized players that are Montreal's best prospects right now.... This team has gotten bigger from years passed, but the young talent is pretty much all small forwards.

McCarron and De la Rose are coming soon. Sherback as well. Don't forget about them.

Lekhonen, Reway, Audette.

but..

Crisp, Gregoire, Bozon, too.

I don't think the organizational depth was hindered at all by losing Collberg. Im certain another player of this type will be moved again this year. I think it speaks volumes to Timmons' ability to bring in solid prospects. Very few flops. I just hope that, unlike Vanek, MB brings in a cog for the future.

I don't think the organizational depth was hindered at all by losing Collberg. Im certain another player of this type will be moved again this year. I think it speaks volumes to Timmons' ability to bring in solid prospects. Very few flops. I just hope that, unlike Vanek, MB brings in a cog for the future.

Whatever we lost in Collberg we gained in Sekac.

Guys like Reway and Audette are longshots to be NHLers. Fourth and fifth round picks. Dumont was a fifth rounder. Hudon was a fifth rounder. Thomas was a second rounder who we traded a second round prospect for so I guess there's a better argument there. These guys are good because they were always skilled but they were drafted high due to the doubts on their size transitioning to the NHL game. Ghetto was a third rounder at 5'7" so a little closer to scrutiny I guess.

Our first round picks have been McCarron (6'6") and Scherbak (6'2"), second round picks include De la Rose (6'2") and third round picks are Nattinen (6'2"), Bozon (6'1") and Crisp (6'3"). All players with size.

Don't forget that Ghetto was eligible for drafting in 2011 and we took him in 2013.

yes , more recent picks macarren and delsrosa have some size and potential.

Could be showcasing him. Idk, maybe he's the prospect involved in the package for Eberle?

He's an undersized 5th year minor leaguer who has cleared waivers two years in a row and is hovering near half a point per game in Hamilton. His value is next to none in a trade despite his recent strong play. He's up I suspect because the Habs want an extra forward coming into a 3-in-4 night stretch.

He also has a $50,000 guarantee in addition to his AHL salary so at some point they were likely to call him up to chip away at that.

Or, maybe they're throwing him a bone with a few days of NHL pay - call it a gift after his wife had a baby a couple of weeks ago. A nice little reward for sticking it out for five years in the minors.

At any rate, I would be beyond stunned if this had anything to do with showcasing him. He certainly isn't going to be part of an Eberle trade, or a trade for anyone of significance.

By the way, for those wondering about Emelin's fine history, he has been hit twice. Once this year for the hit on Gionta and one in early February of 2014.

• Upvote 1

I was pissed at Therrien for this. The key here is not to put two wingers out on the ice who will put their body in front of a shot. The key is to win the ######ing faceoff to AVOID a shot.

Yea no kidding, but was not surprised in the slightest.

That was a terrible intentional offside call. And a very poor decision by Therrien to not have two centres out there for the D-zone faceoff. That one stings. But, considering the fluky way that the Habs got their first goal, it all evens out.

MT needs another assistant. Help him with that. Aint the first time.

He's an undersized 5th year minor leaguer who has cleared waivers two years in a row and is hovering near half a point per game in Hamilton. His value is next to none in a trade despite his recent strong play. He's up I suspect because the Habs want an extra forward coming into a 3-in-4 night stretch.

He also has a $50,000 guarantee in addition to his AHL salary so at some point they were likely to call him up to chip away at that.

Or, maybe they're throwing him a bone with a few days of NHL pay - call it a gift after his wife had a baby a couple of weeks ago. A nice little reward for sticking it out for five years in the minors.

At any rate, I would be beyond stunned if this had anything to do with showcasing him. He certainly isn't going to be part of an Eberle trade, or a trade for anyone of significance.

By the way, for those wondering about Emelin's fine history, he has been hit twice. Once this year for the hit on Gionta and one in early February of 2014.

Habs fourth line seems to a bunch of guys that are deemed unworthy of full time work, rolling over and over. Been a little long for that to be still the case.

Or maybe there is no rhyme or reason for him to get called up at all. Time to scratch a fourth liner? Revolving door on that line.

I'd have a hard time believing that there was no rhyme or reason and that they more or less picked his name at random.

As it turns out, he's not sliding into Thomas' spot based on the practice lines which would suggest he's just depth (and with one of the cheapest NHL cap hits, he's not a bad one to pick if they just want a cheap 13th forward).

As for Emelin, no fine or suspension. No surprise there. http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/689354

I'd have a hard time believing that there was no rhyme or reason and that they more or less picked his name at random.

As it turns out, he's not sliding into Thomas' spot based on the practice lines which would suggest he's just depth (and with one of the cheapest NHL cap hits, he's not a bad one to pick if they just want a cheap 13th forward).

As for Emelin, no fine or suspension. No surprise there. http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/689354

Yes i was stretching it a bit. But safe to say that he is being called up for the same reason Bull dog forwards get called up. To fill out a full game sheet. Looking forward to the day the Habs have an NHL fourth line, and Dogs get a call up when there is an injury.

Guest Stogey24

Yes i was stretching it a bit. But safe to say that he is being called up for the same reason Bull dog forwards get called up. To fill out a full game sheet. Looking forward to the day the Habs have an NHL fourth line, and Dogs get a call up when there is an injury.

Look at the islander's fourth line. That's how it should be. Montreal has Bournival and Thomas, the furthest thing from fourth liners.

Look at the islander's fourth line. That's how it should be. Montreal has Bournival and Thomas, the furthest thing from fourth liners.

Yes dynamite line. Cherry referred to them the best fourth line in the league......and the toughest. Dont know about that but the habs have not even settled on a nhl fourth line yet.

Nobody goes the distance anymore with out a good contributing fourth line that is hard to play against.

When the habs get to the play offs, one of the decisions to be made will be "what bulldogs are playing?"

About time that was not so.

Guest Stogey24

Yes dynamite line. Cherry referred to them the best fourth line in the league......and the toughest. Dont know about that but the habs have not even settled on a nhl fourth line yet.

Nobody goes the distance anymore with out a good contributing fourth line that is hard to play against.

When the habs get to the play offs, one of the decisions to be made will be "what bulldogs are playing?"

About time that was not so.

With Emelin a shadow of his former self, there really is no one on Montreal who lays the body.

With Emelin a shadow of his former self, there really is no one on Montreal who lays the body.

No they dont. They are not a "hard" team to play against. They won't hit ya, they have the best goalie in the league, but they give you lots of good chances to beat him. All in all the habs are fun team to play against.

Engels say Habfans everywhere are "perplexed" at how well Price is playing, odd way to look at his play so far this year isn't it?

He had won a few Molson awards before this year and I might say I am more like, very pleased to see him shine and shut up every critic he ever had and am not so much perplexed!

If Subban has a 30 goal year next year, don't think I would be perplexed then neither.

Go Habs Go

No they dont. They are not a "hard" team to play against. They won't hit ya, they have the best goalie in the league, but they give you lots of good chances to beat him. All in all the habs are fun team to play against.

Don't get what is fun in losing 3-2.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, well, I don't think there are many teams having fun playing Montreal, like Joe says, losing can't be much fun.

Getting the worst of a body check now and then, in my opinion, isn't nearly as bad as losing 75% of the puck battles or foot races to the puck... or ultimately losing the game or series,

much like the "hard to play against" Bruins do when they meet us...

Having said that, Habs need a little more muscle, I agree with that...