January 30th, 2013 - Senators vs Habs

bar

The flu bug has apparently hit the Senators, a few players dressing for them aren't 100%. Hopefully that becomes a factor...and not because they find a way to pass it onto the Habs...

looks like our guys have the flu tonight.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU RYAN BOURQUE?

this is the bourque from calgary. saw that penalty coming a mile away.

White might not see the ice again tonight.

He shouldn't but he didn't miss a shift. There is no excuse for him doing that and here's hoping the coaching staff sees that and sits him Saturday. The Habs were doing alright before his stupidity but lost their composure after. Poor Budaj, I think he's played quite well but he's not getting a lot of help.

I've always been a big White supporter, but he should NOT be getting a regular shift right now.

Blindingly obvious we need to start shopping for a backup goalie. Budaj is a sieve, plain and simple. My son called this in the afternoon as soon as he heard who was in nets. Some say he played ok, I totally disagree. He was shaky at best. His lateral movement is no better than mine and I am almost 50 and have bad knees. He has to go or we lose every game Price rests. Didn't like the signing last year, and was right, he stunk. Couldn't believe we kept him this year. Also, why rest Price when we have days off coming? First Therrien move I disapprove of this year. If Anderson can go back to back why not Price, and why not pull the Sieve after the 3rd or 4th goal?

I think the Oilers just waived Danis. hint hint hint.

Remember, this season every game matters.

I've always been a big White supporter, but he should NOT be getting a regular shift right now.

Way of topic here, but would an Oakland A's fan be an athletic supporter? Just wondering.

That game sucked....especially for me, being at this game and being surrounded by taunting Sens fans. My thoughts:

-David Desharnais stunk, as did Lars Eller and Rene Bourque. Several others had less than steller games, but these three really stood out as being crap.

-Until the 3rd period, Eric Cole looked like he'd rather have been elsewhere. Lazy, no legs.

Lars Eller had one shift I recall where he was really great with the puck and keeping it from Senators defenders. He kept circling in the corners while his linemates (I think Desharnais and Cole) did absolutely nothing to get into position so eventually he lost the puck and after that shift he was invisible.

If White is sitting I'd go with:

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta

Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Moen - Desharnais - Cole

Armstrong - Eller - Blunden

I also find it interesting that every off-season someone bashes Moen and says he needs to be traded but every on-season, he's defensively reliable and plays a solid bottom six role and nobody really says anything about him unless a coach has him play top six to replace an injured/poorly playing player.

Emelin, not only does he hits a lot (leads the league by a mile), but he hits HARD. Glad he is in the NHL and to have him on our side. He's in the line of those hard hitting russians, if anyone can remember Darius Kasparaitis and Vladimir Konstantinov.

There was no reason for him to go behind the goalie. That was just asking for it.

Budaj got ran in the 1st and there was no call. Bourque reached behind Anderson poked the puck away, put his hand on Anderson's back and Anderson acted like he was hit by a freight train.

I counted 3 roughing calls, a holding and a tripping call in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd that wasn't called against Ottawa. Two of the roughing calls were hands in faces of players, one was where Gionta was knocked down and pinned to the ice behind the play. The was a hold entering the zone after that and one of our guys was slew-footed in the corner after that. Sorry I don't remember names on some of these, I was furious after Bourque got called for goaltender interference especially after Ottawa got away with 6 straight.

If their going to call the game tight, call it tight, don't call one thing and not another. Galyenchuk's tripping at the beginning of the second was a bad call, he clearly touched the puck first.