Watching games out of town

xXx..CK..xXx

Hey guys,

My apologies if a thread like this has already been started in the past. Seeing as I'm living in Los Angeles now on a permanent basis, I was wondering if there's a popular consensus on how to best cope with having to watch Habs games out of town on a consistent basis? I am currently watching the game on a streaming site and using an HDMI cable to hook it up to my television but having to deal with the adds, lag, and choppiness aren't optimal for me. I understand that NHL.com has GameCenter which costs about $50 so is this the way to go? Is it worth it? Are there any other sites which are similar? Is there a way to order channels on regular cable? (all I have)

Basically, I just want some opinions on what's best.

I appreciate any responses, thanks for your time.

Hey guys,

My apologies if a thread like this has already been started in the past. Seeing as I'm living in Los Angeles now on a permanent basis, I was wondering if there's a popular consensus on how to best cope with having to watch Habs games out of town on a consistent basis? I am currently watching the game on a streaming site and using an HDMI cable to hook it up to my television but having to deal with the adds, lag, and choppiness aren't optimal for me. I understand that NHL.com has GameCenter which costs about $50 so is this the way to go? Is it worth it? Are there any other sites which are similar? Is there a way to order channels on regular cable? (all I have)

Basically, I just want some opinions on what's best.

I appreciate any responses, thanks for your time.

Yes of course NHL GameCenter is the way to go. only 50$ if you plan to watch all 48 Habs games that's only 1$/game.

Thanks for the replies guys....

Streaming for free is great and all but for someone who has watched at least 810 regular season games in the past 10 years (and probably the same ratio before that) on a perfectly high quality CBC/RDS/TSN/SRC, the choppiness as well as the quality gets real aggravating. I still haven't made a final decision, but I'm leaning towards purchasing GameCenter. Thanks again.

By the way, how does it work with playoff games? Is it also included or does it require an additional purchase?

Streaming for free is great and all but for someone who has watched at least 810 regular season games in the past 10 years (and probably the same ratio before that) on a perfectly high quality CBC/RDS/TSN/SRC, the choppiness as well as the quality gets real aggravating. I still haven't made a final decision, but I'm leaning towards purchasing GameCenter. Thanks again.

By the way, how does it work with playoff games? Is it also included or does it require an additional purchase?

I was asking myself the same question. If the playoffs are included then it's an even better deal. I doubt they are, unless they would be very dumb at marketing their product

For the playoffs, while included, most of the games are subject to blackout due to national broadcast. So you'll be able to catch the NBC broadcast games on your TV and find the others elsewhere (I look for a local sports bar that will put it up on a screen for me or listen on XM old-school like) or wait the three days and stream it.

Edited by cthabsfan

For the playoffs, while included, most of the games are subject to blackout due to national broadcast. So you'll be able to catch the NBC broadcast games on your TV and find the others elsewhere (I look for a local sports bar that will put it up on a screen for me or listen on XM old-school like) or wait the three days and stream it.

Wow cthabsfan..there's two of us??? Where in CT are u from??