Danny Kristo traded for Christian Thomas

Shame we never got to see what Kristo could do in a Habs uniform. He was a star player in college and in the USHL, he could've been an asset for us. However, Thomas had good junior stats with Oshawa and a decent year in the AHL last season while being only 21. Sure, he's 2 inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter than Kristo, which kinda goes against the policy the habs adopted at the draft, but f he's developed well, he could be a good player.

Meaningless as it'll never affect the Habs. I doubt either player will make the NHL. This smacks as a purely AHL trade to me.

We got a steal here, fellas..Christian Thomas is on the small side, but playes MUCH bigger..He is a clone of his old man..Gritty with a great shot and sweet hands..Kristo doesn't have the grit this kid has..

I absolutely love this trade..

Meaningless as it'll never affect the Habs. I doubt either player will make the NHL. This smacks as a purely AHL trade to me.

The kid can be an elite goal scorer at the next level..He scored 19 in his first AHL season, last year..I think we see him in a Habs uni this year..Not make the team, but being a call up in case of injury..This kid is GOOOOOD..

Think Steve Thomas..

Not bad once you read Thomas' write up at Hockey's Future.

Does he make the team next year or is he a year or two away?

He's 21, so he can make the team, but I think he sees the Dogs, for a year, or so 1st..

First reaction-why?

Kristo may have been hard to sign..We only had until July 5th to sign him or he becomes a UFA...

Don't knock this Thomas kid..He is good..Plays in the mold of his old man, Steve..

Kristo may have been hard to sign..We only had until July 5th to sign him or he becomes a UFA...

Don't knock this Thomas kid..He is good..Plays in the mold of his old man, Steve..

Kristo signed on trade deadline day and is under contract through 2013-14.

My immediate reaction is "why?", but I was always apprehensive about Kristo's character. Let's have faith that Bergevin knows what he's doing.