Mar. 30, Lightning vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Our system simply doesn't work against Tampa. The defense corp looks bad, the offense is non existant. If I was Therrien, I would be asking myself what I am missing. Obviously there are adjustments to be made.

I fear Tampa...nether are fast, skilled, and Bishop is a great goalie.... Last year we were lucky Bishop was out....

I hope we avoid them in the playoffs, they are not a good matchup for us.

Guest Stogey24

When was the last time Montreal played a game that's entertaining to watch.

Drouin is showing everybody tonight why he was drafted so early. He has got all the moves.

He hasn't scored in 40 games before tonight

i am trting to find some good. Ellers check on Stamkos on the last shift was nice.

Stamkos scored . 3 to 1. Ugly game for the Habs.

Maybe the Bruins can sneak into the #8 spot, and the Bolts take the #1 spot, so the Habs do not have to face the Lightning and get badly embarrassed.

Habs outshot 18 to 6 in the second period.I think I heard some boo birds after the buzzer went at the end of the period and i do not blame them.

Our system simply doesn't work against Tampa. The defense corp looks bad, the offense is non existant. If I was Therrien, I would be asking myself what I am missing. Obviously there are adjustments to be made.

What system would that be? I wasn't aware we had one.

It doesn't bug me much if the team has an off period. It happens. It bugs me a lot when the off period is a result of laziness and that's what happened here.

Goal 1 - Lazy line change, sets up a breakaway.

Goal 2 - Markov/Subban slow to react, Subban puts little to no effort into backchecking (he was closest to Price when the breakout pass was made and was the third Hab back when the shot was taken), results in a breakaway goal.

Goal 3 - Forwards leak out way too early instead of paying attention while Markov/Subban's nonchalance (all game long, they're playing with zero focus and with the intensity of a preseason game) also contributes to a goal.

The good news is that things like this are correctable. The bad news is that this type of effort when you're battling a division rival for top spot is unacceptable. There's 20 minutes left to get some confidence against Tampa before the postseason. They should have plenty left in the tank for the third...they haven't used much so far tonight.

The lack of intensity out there is disturbing. Lazy play leading to penalties against, nobody is hitting, halfhearted backchecking by far too many...just brutal.

Offensive zone face off and Therrien puts on Prust-Eller-Mitchell with Bealieu-Pateryn on D

I suspect that's a message being sent. Speaking of messages being sent, Weise hasn't played since taking the two penalties.

What system would that be? I wasn't aware we had one.

Without getting into the whole debate again, every coach has a system. No coach just draws a giant question mark on the white board in the room for a game plan. Some nights it may seem like it but perception isn't reality in that regard.

What a f'n joke. We need that "give-a-shit meter" from Philly to measure what these guys are made of. We're playing like we don't deserve to be on the same ice..and have done it every Bolts game. It should be 7-1 right now ffs

You'd think that after loosing 4 straight games to the Bolts our boys would show up for the game...looks like I was wrong. We've never scored more than 2 goals a game against Tampa...anyone believe were gonna score 3 more goal to win this game??

I suspect that's a message being sent. Speaking of messages being sent, Weise hasn't played since taking the two penalties.

Without getting into the whole debate again, every coach has a system. No coach just draws a giant question mark on the white board in the room for a game plan. Some nights it may seem like it but perception isn't reality in that regard.

We would not stand where we are if we had not a system. That's for sure.

So far, they've played badly enough that I'm looking forward to the Justin Bieber roast on Comedy network to salvage my entertainment for the night...and that's sad.

i am trting to find some good. Ellers check on Stamkos on the last shift was nice.

Stamkos scored . 3 to 1. Ugly game for the Habs.

Maybe the Bruins can sneak into the #8 spot, and the Bolts take the #1 spot, so the Habs do not have to face the Lightning and get badly embarrassed.

OK.. not a big postive , but as I watched TB practice tap dancing on our butts, I found lots of time to listen to some philosphers talk about the foundation of western metaphysics. I'm ready for some entertaining hockey now, but don't want to have to become a TB fan to enjoy it.

I did..being in Toronta.. come up with an OK Leaf joke however.

Apparently its getting much worse than anybody thought it could. They're finding bodies in the jerseys..... :ph34r:

Guest Stogey24

You'd think that after loosing 4 straight games to the Bolts our boys would show up for the game...looks like I was wrong. We've never scored more than 2 goals a game against Tampa...anyone believe were gonna score 3 more goal to win this game??

Scoring is an issue for sure, but this team is having some major issues with defensive coverage.