May 3rd - Game 2 - Bolts vs Habs, 6 PM

dlbalr

I would speculate it is a return to deeply engrained habits that were obscured during the years of awfulness. The Montreal Forum used to be renown for its stony silences greeting poor play by the home team. I think that Montreal Canadiens fans are very different once they come to expect a contender. No longer kowabunga go-Habs-go maniacs...more like connoisseurs waiting to see if the waiter is going to bring a suitably fine wine. We may start seeing quite a different beast in the Bell Centre over the next few years.

I tell Torontonians, that in Toronto, they love the Leafs. In Montreal they love hockey.

Big difference. I hope its true and stays true. We want appreciation, not idolotry.

Good post HR. We owned that game and, just like in the last game , took dumbass penalties and handed all our hard work over to them. I was VERY frustrated at that. We out chanced them in the 1st game and outplayed them. We should be 2 up.. and if we do what we do without the shiphead penalties, we'll win. We owned them.

last i checked the habs killed the double minor... it was PK's selfish cross check after killing the 4 minutes that did us in at the end of the 1st.

That's probably who they'll go with again.

you think so? after a 6-2 loss? i think if DD is in fact out MT does a drastic line up change of re introducing malholtra or moving galchenyuk. the safe play would be using del rose or flynn on the 4th.

and i want to see gonchar!!

you think so? after a 6-2 loss? i think if DD is in fact out MT does a drastic line up change of re introducing malholtra or moving galchenyuk. the safe play would be using del rose or flynn on the 4th.

I think Flynn played well enough to stay in there and he's a natural centre. Galchenyuk is having a hard enough time on the wing let alone getting added responsibilities at C and de la Rose has been a winger for most of the season, even in Hamilton. The fact that neither are very good on the draw won't help either. There's Malhotra but who's he going to replace? Flynn should stay in while Malhotra for Mitchell isn't any sort of major shakeup.

Rose is 4-7 in playoffs, but was only 40% in reg. season.

Galchenyuk was a respectable (for young centre) 47.1% in reg season but hasn't taken one in playoffs.

last i checked the habs killed the double minor... it was PK's selfish cross check after killing the 4 minutes that did us in at the end of the 1st.

yep

I tell Torontonians, that in Toronto, they love the Leafs. In Montreal they love hockey.

Big difference. I hope its true and stays true. We want appreciation, not idolotry.

Nicely put. :thumbs_up:

I tell you what, I'm appreciating the heck out of the NY/WAS series!! There was more action in tonight's game than both our games vs TBL

Was that not a great hockey game! Winner of Caps Rangers going to finals.

When play offs began i thought rangers for the east. Watched a fair bit of caps islanders and seen all three caps rangers games. Caps look like they have an edge on the rangers. Huge team with speed, great pp, well coached, getting great goaltending, all four lines playing hard and well. And hey guess what, same lines each and every night. They got ready for the play offs in the 82 games that came before them!

I suspect in a few days I'll be cheering for the Caps..because our boys look like they have very little pulse left. I'm not giving up by any stretch, but it sure looks bleak

I'm not willing to make that call until tomorrow night. One good road win and the boys are back in this series. I'm nervous and pretty sure it isn't gonna happen, but this is a strong defensive team that won a lot this year. I like how they play after a blowout too. 30 more hours and we will all know. Carolina came back from an 0-2 deficit at home and so did Boston. Both against Montreal. And they both won the cup. That will keep me going for the next day and a half. GHG

The habs don't have what it takes to comeback upfront.

3 goals in the last 5 games from forwards, 1 was an empty netter.

That's not helping my confidence any. That ands they have lost 7 straight to the Bolts, only 2 were close.

Prust gets the max $5,000 fine for his postgame comments. I'm honestly shocked he's not getting anything for the elbow pad toss.

I guess that's ok? What about from the bench? Did Thornton get fined for squirting Subban last year, or at all foreign objects now in play, like a cage match?

I guess that's ok? What about from the bench? Did Thornton get fined for squirting Subban last year, or at all foreign objects now in play, like a cage match?

That's what I'm concerned with, the precedent that doing nothing will set. Sure, he got a double misconduct but when it's with two minutes left and a four-goal deficit, that's nothing. I think Thornton got fined but I'm not certain about that.

I still say we have been putting up a great effort, yes we have deficiencies but that the salary era for ya. We have been putting ip shots in abundance, carrying most of the play, out hitting them, and the pucks will start to go in, and it only takes 2 or 3 to let Carey give us the win.

I'm not down one bit on this team, and we can beat these guys...

seven losses in a row says we cant