Penalty-free Buyouts?

ForumGhost

why won't he? maybe he wants to be a hab why make that comment?

Because Montreal this season is 28th, has had sketchy management decisions and doesn't have a coach or gm set for next season... and considering a team like Detroit will be after him where he can play with Lindstrom and be a part of a team that hasn't missed the playoffs in his lifetime (or close enough)

The point is that when there is only 1 premier defenceman in free agency, a plan that involves putting all your eggs in one basket to sign him has a very high chance of failure IMO. Sure he might want to play here, but you better have a plan b if he doesnt.

Is lindstrom his fav player or something? and this is the montreal canadiens we have carey price who woulded want to player here? we are a better team then our record show with a health team for most of the year.

The point is that when there is only 1 premier defenceman in free agency, a plan that involves putting all your eggs in one basket to sign him has a very high chance of failure IMO. Sure he might want to play here, but you better have a plan b if he doesnt.

You and i know gm's don't just look at one guy they have a plan a b and c.

Is lindstrom his fav player or something? and this is the montreal canadiens we have carey price who woulded want to player here? we are a better team then our record show with a health team for most of the year.

Okay. I love Price. Lindstrom and Price are on completely different levels. Lindstrom is one of the best defencemen EVER to play the game. He is a shoe in for the hall of fame. If you are a young defencemen would you pass up the opportunity to play with Lindstrom for a year or two before he retires? He could learn so much from him.

While its true that being the Montreal Canadiens with our history will attract players (ala cole who was a habs fan from what I've heard), that can't be counted on as heavily as say... a generational talent like Lindstrom.

And while I completely 110% agree that we are a FAR superior team then our record shows... and yes we did beat Detroit (note: without Lindstrom)... Look at what Detroit has done in the past 10 years compared to us.

Who is this Lindstrom that everyone is talking about?

Pardon, Lidstrom haha, my bad!

I've always pronounced his name with an "n" for some reason :P

Don't forget he's now playing with both Kostitsyns. I bet they have some lovely things to say about the organization...

I've had optmisitic feelings about other big free agents in the past, but it's hard to hope for Parise or Suter after finishing at the bottom of the league AND all of Montreal's other UFA-repelling aspects.

Don't forget he's now playing with both Kostitsyns. I bet they have some lovely things to say about the organization...

I've had optmisitic feelings about other big free agents in the past, but it's hard to hope for Parise or Suter after finishing at the bottom of the league AND all of Montreal's other UFA-repelling aspects.

I don't hold any hope for Suter, but Parise... I really really want to hope :D!

hey how about we resign ak47 in the offseason? then he cant spread bad stories. :rolleyes:

Hahaha it might just happen.

Doubt it though

10%

Gaborik is a beast

But Prices' overcommitment there gave him a break.

Tank