Feb. 13/14, Marlies vs IceCaps

dlbalr

After picking up a pair of wins against Syracuse, the IceCaps (21-18-7-3) will look to close off this home stand on a winning note as they host the league-leading Marlies (37-8-4-0) for a pair of games.

John Scott is back with the team and will play tonight. Presumably, he'll replace Shane Bakker who did next to nothing in two games short of getting ejected on Wednesday night.

14tor_500.gif

(Based on previous +/- data.)

Kapanen - Nylander - Lindberg

Findlay - Brown - Frattin*

Soshnikov - Gauthier - Hyman

Foster - Schwartz

* - While Frattin was traded to Ottawa, he was re-loaned back to the Marlies as part of the deal.

Valiev - Campbell

Percy - Loov

Brennan - Holl

Kolomatis

Bibeau

15stj_500.gif

Hudon - Scherbak - Holloway

Bozon - McCarron - Friberg

McNally - MacMillan - Ranger

Scott - Miceli - Bakker

Bartley - Ellis

Hanley - Lernout

Johnston - Dietz

Fucale

Puck drop is at 6:00 PM EST on Saturday and 2:30 PM EST on Sunday; AM 930 has the call for both. RDS will have Saturday's game in tape delay starting at 7:30 PM EST.

Fucale had a nice game. Holloway was strong all night. Hudon nearly had two breakaways on the same shift at one point which you don't see everyday. Not many really stood out though. Scott looked two steps slow all night, there were some nervous moments when he was out there.

Dumont was injured last night making the forward lines even weaker. 6 of St. John's forwards have spent time in the ECHL this season...and there's John Scott whose talent level is about equivalent to an ECHL'er. Pasquale will need to be on his game today.

Never seen him play, but maybe Ellis will be fighting for a spot on Habs roster next year?

I'll be the first to admit I never saw this type of season from him coming but even with his improved play, I wouldn't think he could contend for more than a #7/8 job next year. I think he's playing over his head right now; it's not often that a player does nothing in the minors for three years, clears waivers, and then turns back into a legitimate prospect.

Have they pigeonholed Holloway as a AHLer only (kinda like Dumont), he seems to be a smart player and continues to produce. And that couple shifts he had in his one game call-up wouldn't tell anyone anything would it?

It certainly seems like they only view him as an AHL'er. I'm torn on whether or not I want him to get another look in Montreal. On the one hand, I'd like for him to get an actual shot but on the other hand, I want St. John's to have some sort of fighting chance to make the playoffs which means he's needed down there.

It certainly seems like they only view him as an AHL'er. I'm torn on whether or not I want him to get another look in Montreal. On the one hand, I'd like for him to get an actual shot but on the other hand, I want St. John's to have some sort of fighting chance to make the playoffs which means he's needed down there.

I say call him up. We are in such a desperate need for a top 6 winger, that if he produces over the last 25 games he could be re-signed and given a shot.

As for Ellis I have to think he's given a look post deadline once Gilbert is gone.

As for Ellis I have to think he's given a look post deadline once Gilbert is gone.

My guess is that Bartley comes up before Ellis. Since they got Bartley, they've talked about when he comes up, not if. Even when the trade was made, it was reported that the Habs valued Bartley so I have to think he'll get the first shot.