January 29th, 2013 - Jets vs Habs

bar

Markov is obviously making a HUGE difference to PP, but I think we also have to give some credit to Gerard Gallant and his coaching.

This smart PP strategy was missing last year after Muller left, and it seems like Gallant knows what he’s doing with the PP.

So while Markov is a huge part of it… I don’t think he’s the only part of it either.

Give credit to Diaz too.

• Upvote 1

It's a testament to how well Gally and Chucky played on every shift since it felt like they were on a whole lot more than the 9-and-change and 11-and-change respectively. How long has it been since we've had even a single line be that exciting on every single shift? Probably the heady days of Witehall, Lind, and Petrov.

Oh yeah, I went there.

Please, for the love of whatever deity you play homage to, or entropy itself, please don't do that again.... I spent years repressing memories and in a happy thread you bring it all back

I remember Petrov, but the others...

Be grateful, very very grateful....it was a horrible era and not worth recalling

Markov is obviously making a HUGE difference to PP, but I think we also have to give some credit to Gerard Gallant and his coaching.

This smart PP strategy was missing last year after Muller left, and it seems like Gallant knows what he’s doing with the PP.

So while Markov is a huge part of it… I don’t think he’s the only part of it either.

Give credit to Diaz too.

Have to credit Borque as well, excellent movement and awareness by him.

This team looks great so far. The difference this year, besides Markov and the PP, is the charachter guys on the bottom six. No longer do we have to suffer through the Andreas Enqvists, the Tommy Pyatts, and the Mathieu Darche's. Good on Therrien to understand that the bottom six plays an important roll, and I love how he uses checking lines against scoring lines. I think this is propelling the offense. Firewagon hockey is back!

Price was not very sharp tonight, but he made up for it in the 3rd.

I thought Price played just fine, the goal by jokinen was not going to be stopped if you had plante and roy in net. And the one from the side of the net that bounced around like a pinball was not his fault, his defence didn't clear the puck. So in reality he let in 1 goal. that is not bad in my book.

Great game by the Habs last night. True that we kinda let the Jets back into the game, but unlike last year where our boys would've lost that game, this years Habs fought back and managed to win in regulation.

I also love the type of hockey Therrien has our boys playing. No more passive agressive shit that JM had them playing. Lot's of forechecking(which causes turnovers) and lots of speed. I LOVE IT!!!

Carey was Ok last night. He might have let in a soft goal, but when the game was on the line, Carey stepped up and made a few nice save (most notably on a coupld of deflections) It was also nice to see Bourque get rewarded for his hard work.

What can I say about our 3rd line...they're awesome! The kids seem to get along well with Prust. Hopefully they can keep this up all year.