Sweet Revenge: Canucks @ Bell Centre 7:30PM EST RDS and Sportsnet

Tinordi being so rusty and unhappy is what keeps Gilbert in the line up.

Well glad to hear its not his Toms own play that keeps gives him the spot. I'll take solace in that I suppose.

It's probably a combination of a few things - the early season success, Tinordi's (and before, Pateryn's) rust, and that Gilbert hasn't been the horrendously atrocious abomination of a blueliner that some seem to feel he is. One more, it's safer with the veteran over the rookie in most instances. Some combination of those factors is what has likely kept Gilbert in thus far. If Pateryn plays well while Emelin's out, that may change.

Guest Stogey24

They may switch up the centres at one point but if they do, don't count on it being Galchenyuk. His ice time is going in the wrong direction; Desharnais for all intents and purposes is the 2nd line C right now. If they swap, they'd likely flip Desharnais and Plekanec first.

He was scratched a fair bit towards the end of last year. He's not the problem tonight either.

Gilbert isn't the problem? He left McCaan unattended right beside the net.

Ok, so when the habs are losing and playing bad, if I read the board correctly, it's Emelin and Gilberts fault? Ok I got it.

They have only scored once on the last 6 periods,

3 of the D are in the top 10 in turnovers,

Goaltending has been really bad (last 3)

Anyone seen the top line? Or the 2nd line, Maybe the 3rd line?

I'm on a blizzard warning so I can watch tonights stinker of a game and post here.

After Saturdays game I would think you would see a team come out with a noticeable game plan and implement it. Not.

Larry snipes one !

After Saturdays game I would think you would see a team come out with a noticeable game plan and implement it. Not.

Larry snipes one ! 6th goal of the year. 2 behind the pp/first line leaders.

Nobody can say the Eller Galchenyuk line isn't better with Semin on it

Therrien might as it looks like Semin has returned to the dog house.

A much better period overall. I'm really intrigued to see what Condon does in the 3rd. He has struggled again tonight (partly his fault, partly poor coverage) but they're back in it now. Does he hold Vancouver back or will his scuffles continue?

Although the PP hasn't scored tonight, it has looked sharp. They're mixing up the point shots and down low play well.

Looked very good. Helps get a flow going when they are throwing it around like that and getting the one timers. Even though they did not score.

Therrien might as it looks like Semin has returned to the dog house.

A much better period overall. I'm really intrigued to see what Condon does in the 3rd. He has struggled again tonight (partly his fault, partly poor coverage) but they're back in it now. Does he hold Vancouver back or will his scuffles continue?

Well they were losing 3-0 after getting beat 6-1. MT ALWAYS needs a whipping boy. If Semin was not playing NB would likely be sitting at the end of the bench. So good for NB, bad for Semin. But not deserved in my opinion.

Thats the type of play that keeps Semin in the doghouse. Lazy backcheck and dumb penalty.

Don't disagree, but how's that different from Flynn's penalty?
  • Upvote 1

Rather than play Mitchell with Galchenyuk and Eller, when you're down by a goal, I'd double shift Gallagher