Alex Galchenyuk - Tomas Plekanec - P-A Parenteau
Rene Bourque - Lars Eller - Dale Weise
Brandon Prust - Manny Malhotra - Travis Moen

Alexei Emelin - P.K. Subban
Andrei Markov - Tom Gilbert
Jarred Tinordi - Mike Weaver

Carey Price
Dustin Tokarski

Injuries: Fournier, Gregoire, Thrower (all SOIR)

Scratches: Jiri Sekac

Team Leaders New York Montreal

Game Notes

Goals Nash (8) Plekanec (4) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists St. Louis (5) Emelin (5) National TV: City, TVA Sports
Points Nash (9) Plekanec (8) Regional TV: MSG
PIMS Kreider (23) Subban (14) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Nash/St. Louis (+6) Pacioretty (+7) French Radio: FM 98.5

I'm wondering if we might see a call-up from Hamilton to be the emergency defenceman in case someone goes down in warmups. My guess is that if they do bring someone up, Drewiske is the logical choice (he'd be sent back down as soon as the game starts).

Too funny, Nash just has 2 fewer goals (Perry just 1 less) than whole Sabres team do in their 8 games so far (poor Gionta-Gorges, will be one long couple years for them)

Still 2nd guessing coach eh. :wall:

His lineups are doing that poorly and need a shake up every game? :blush:

You would rather see a rookie play, even if they lose? :bonk:

( We lost but darn it, that Sekac got some valuable experience.)

Exactly wtf does he bring that requires Habs to play him and scratch more experienced players, who all just played a solid game vs Wings? :blush:

I think some time in Hamilton might be good for him, see if he is head and shoulders above AHL competition. (as I said prior to the season, is absolutely no need to forcefeed him into lineup right off the bat and playing big minutes is better than eating hot dogs in pressbox isn't it).

Exactly wtf does he bring that requires Habs to play him and scratch more experienced players, who all just played a solid game vs Wings? :blush:

I think some time in Hamilton might be good for him, see if he is head and shoulders above AHL competition. (as I said prior to the season, is absolutely no need to forcefeed him into lineup right off the bat and playing big minutes is better than eating hot dogs in pressbox isn't it).

Sekac sucks.

"who all just played a solid game against wings" well they all played a solid game against bruins too and he scratched sekac after the win and after he scored.................one could say what the heck has moen done? not counting that last play off goal in 010.

not saying sekac should or should not be in.............but certainly can see why someone would ask why he was dropped. He made the starting line up out of camp. Moen did not. He played a great game against bruins and was scratched in favout of concussion damaged on the verge of being washed up travis moen. Cant blame anyone for asking "why the change"

Guest Stogey24

What are you talking about. These are the games you slot a guy like Sekac in. He brings speed and has the ability to score. New York's transition game is one of the best in the league. Speed will be needed tonight, not grit. What exactly did Moen do against Detroit besides go offside like 5 times. He didn't even have a shot.

Guest Stogey24

don's just trying to justify his claims from august that sekac has no business in mtl. hey don, the rangers have a 22 year old free agent on first line that hasn't spent one shift in the ahl..omg, stop the presses!

I just see absolutely no reason not play Sekac. He's now had a week off from game action and Moen is slotted in on his off wing.

Yes I still think Sekac could use AHL time, until an injury up front (which likely will happen all too soon) or he rips up AHL and plainly is too good for there.

I don't think he has done poorly or looked out of place at all, but roster is too healthy and deep with more experienced options who cant be sent to AHL.

And I don't like sitting him in pressbox for too long, that's all.

(Habs hottest player is 20 and also zero AHL time; not sure what has to do with Sekac?)