Nov. 23, Habs vs Rangers, 7 PM

dlbalr

Eller has his supporters on here. Heck, a few posters are perturbed by the fact that others seem to want to give him the benefit of the doubt too often. He's not Mr. Popular but he certainly isn't Public Enemy #1 on here either. There's a mix of positive and negative with him as there should be.

As for Bourque, a lot of his criticism was warranted. He didn't hustle and didn't produce most nights. Desharnais puts in an honest effort and puts up some points as well so there's bound to be a difference in how much vitriol there is directed at each one. And even Bourque had some supporters on here (I was one of them).

and bourque had a heck of a play off.......where dd did not. bourque put in a honest effort in the play offs, no/

look nobody is bashing here.......................when talking inept powerplay, getting shut out, lack luster offense at times, back to back shut outs at MSG......it comes up that the habs still dont have a no 1 centerman. How dpo we braoch that subject and still praise DD at the same time.........do tell.

If Douglas worked his as off in ECHL, then same in AHL and is doing well at NHL level then, yes Douglas would likely get some PP time.

(would I switch up personal, I think so but also would of traded DD for nothing last fall)

DD averages 52points/year or 0.63ppg for $3.5/yr,

Max averages 55points/yr, 0.67ppg for $4.5m/yr with same icetime.

SO, I guess same question to you, should Pacioretty be on the PP or making too much$/value-offense? :popcorn:

lol .......... are you pretending that you think DD is a front line no 1 center...............

Name the teams that do not have as a good a no 1 centerman as David Desharnais.

the two teams you might come up with , well...... thats what everyone means when they say its a weak point on an other wise pretty strong core.

sorry if that a bash.

i liked him as the no 1 in hamilton...... better?

Pretending ....what are you talking about,,,,,i simply quoted 2 facts that are indisputable and seem to bring DD's role into better perspective.

OK, how bout DD gets 14.85pt/million

Max (whose contract is supposed to be one of best in league) gets 12.22pts/million

Just the facts sir, you can infer all you like. :tumbleweed:

and bourque had a heck of a play off.......where dd did not. bourque put in a honest effort in the play offs, no/

look nobody is bashing here.......................when talking inept powerplay, getting shut out, lack luster offense at times, back to back shut outs at MSG......it comes up that the habs still dont have a no 1 centerman. How dpo we braoch that subject and still praise DD at the same time.........do tell.

lol .......... are you pretending that you think DD is a front line no 1 center...............

that would tell some imagine what max could do with a real front line center

Name the teams that do not have as a good a no 1 centerman as David Desharnais.

the two teams you might come up with , well...... thats what everyone means when they say its a weak point on an other wise pretty strong core.

sorry if that a bash.

i liked him as the no 1 in hamilton...... better?

Name two teams currently doing better than Habs with DD as top six centre? :spamafote:

Pretending ....what are you talking about,,,,,i simply quoted 2 facts that are indisputable and seem to bring DD's role into better perspective.

OK, how bout DD gets 14.85pt/million

Max (whose contract is supposed to be one of best in league) gets 12.22pts/million

Just the facts sir, you can infer all you like. :tumbleweed:

myself i never mentioned money once

i will take that as a no you dont think DD is a front line no 1 center..................... but hey i agree with ya..............he will have to do till the habs get one.

hey the habs have a good core

-in goal Price...check ....

-top pair...markov subban...check

-r wing gallagher...check

-l. wing..paceriettt....check

-center....desharnais....?? hmm have to do i suppose....... good luck

"Eller has his supporters here"

so does dd, whats your point?

its ok to bash Eller because he has his supporters?

its ok to bash bourque because it was warranted?

well , not that i'm planning on bashing dd.............. but i'm sure who ever does will feel its warranted as you obviously do with Bourque

what I'm hearing is "easy on the bashing boys....unless of course i agree its warranted" cheers

This all stems from your commenting on how the HIO posters are complaining about (in other words, bashing) Desharnais and how you're not seeing that on here. My point was that there's not a lot of blind bashing on here. You responded saying that "Bourque and Eller must be the exceptions."

I responded to that suggesting that no, Eller's certainly not the exception as there are positive and negative remarks about him, as is the case with pretty much every player on the site. If you're looking for rational discussion, that's the way it should be. All negative (or all positive) doesn't create much in the way of interesting discussion.

As for Bourque, is it okay to complain about a player if he's not doing well and not putting in an effort? To me, that seems reasonable. To others who did so, I suspect they thought it to be reasonable as well. He and Desharnais are not on the same playing field in terms of effort and production so in my opinion, there should be a difference in complaining about those players.

If someone's going to complain about or bash a player, that's all well and good. If it's just ranting and raving no matter what and highlighting every single mistake said player makes in a game, it's not likely to be well received on here. That's not because I've handed down some sort of rule that says you're only allowed to complain about a player if I deem it to be worthy as your last point claims. That is 100% untrue and I take great offence to you suggesting that. If that were indeed the case, I don't think you'd be here after your rants and raves about Plekanec that encompassed many of your posts when you first joined. As I'm sure you saw, it created a lot more controversy and complaints than it did actual quality discussion.

I am certainly not saying that people have to like or dislike a player and by no means whatsoever is it only permitted if I happen to agree with it. If you still feel this way (or if anyone else does), please feel free to PM me with the reason(s) as to why and I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

In the meantime, I will reiterate my original point again so that there can be no misunderstanding. After posting here for 11 years, I've personally noticed that player bashing for the sake of bashing - something we see often on HIO or HF, or other fan forums as well - is not as well received here as it is on other sites. That's why you don't see the same type of conversation surrounding Desharnais on here that you do on HIO.

Bourque indeed put forth a much better effort in the playoffs than he has in regular season performances with Montreal. That, to me, seems like a valid complaint. Desharnais didn't have a great postseason, that too seems like a fair point.

For the record, I'm not accusing you of Desharnais-bashing. If I'm giving that impression, I apologize, it's not my intent.

The PP, getting shutout four times this year, two in a row in NY, these are all fair points to make that can create reasonable discussion. The difference you'll find on here is that that Desharnais is not the only reason for these to happen. Elsewhere, such as HIO, Desharnais is thought of as the reason for these struggles. No one player is 100% the problem or 100% the solution. On here, most posters know that which is why you see a lot fewer of the hyperbolic statements that you do on HIO.

As I said in my first response to this, it's not that everyone on here thinks Desharnais is a legit #1 C. I don't think many do. I think our posters don't see the need to point that out on a constant basis like some on HIO do.

never said blind bashing on HIO

I said "a lot of them dont think DD is a front line center...he is only played like one".

Thats open for debate without being considered bashing.

my last word for now on the subject.....I dont think he is either. Never have.

re visit at the half way mark of the season.

cheers

This all stems from your commenting on how the HIO posters are complaining about (in other words, bashing) Desharnais and how you're not seeing that on here. My point was that there's not a lot of blind bashing on here. You responded saying that "Bourque and Eller must be the exceptions."

I responded to that suggesting that no, Eller's certainly not the exception as there are positive and negative remarks about him, as is the case with pretty much every player on the site. If you're looking for rational discussion, that's the way it should be. All negative (or all positive) doesn't create much in the way of interesting discussion.

As for Bourque, is it okay to complain about a player if he's not doing well and not putting in an effort? To me, that seems reasonable. To others who did so, I suspect they thought it to be reasonable as well. He and Desharnais are not on the same playing field in terms of effort and production so in my opinion, there should be a difference in complaining about those players.

If someone's going to complain about or bash a player, that's all well and good. If it's just ranting and raving no matter what and highlighting every single mistake said player makes in a game, it's not likely to be well received on here. That's not because I've handed down some sort of rule that says you're only allowed to complain about a player if I deem it to be worthy as your last point claims. That is 100% untrue and I take great offence to you suggesting that. If that were indeed the case, I don't think you'd be here after your rants and raves about Plekanec that encompassed many of your posts when you first joined. As I'm sure you saw, it created a lot more controversy and complaints than it did actual quality discussion.

I am certainly not saying that people have to like or dislike a player and by no means whatsoever is it only permitted if I happen to agree with it. If you still feel this way (or if anyone else does), please feel free to PM me with the reason(s) as to why and I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

In the meantime, I will reiterate my original point again so that there can be no misunderstanding. After posting here for 11 years, I've personally noticed that player bashing for the sake of bashing - something we see often on HIO or HF, or other fan forums as well - is not as well received here as it is on other sites. That's why you don't see the same type of conversation surrounding Desharnais on here that you do on HIO.

You explained that very well.

May I add that I enjoy this forum, and those on it more than any other.

Cheers

hat I think a lot of people are tired of is the dead horses that just keep being beaten on every Habs board:

"I think the coach is making the wrong decisions!"

"Montreal needs a big first center!"

"X Player is only here because he's French Canadian!"

"We only win because our goalie is good!"

"This player is playing the wrong side! They would totally be better on the other side!"

"Coach/GM hates X Player I like!"

"The youngsters are being ruined!"

"The veterans are being exhausted!"

Every Hab board, heck, most hockey boards, have these same narratives repeated over and over and over ad nauseum. We've heard it. It isn't exciting. It isn't interesting. It took zero brain cells to pull out of your head. Suggest something that isn't Don Cherry level hockey critique of the Habs.

hat I think a lot of people are tired of is the dead horses that just keep being beaten on every Habs board:

"This player is playing the wrong side! They would totally be better on the other side!"

Every Hab board, heck, most hockey boards, have these same narratives repeated over and over and over ad nauseum. We've heard it. It isn't exciting. It isn't interesting. It took zero brain cells to pull out of your head. Suggest something that isn't Don Cherry level hockey critique of the Habs.

Well its not that deep a subject.

If every board is the same, eveyone is as at don cherrys level........... why do you keep reading?

nice rant though

flip side of those coins

as heard on this board

habs have 4 second line centers play that position by committee

i think therriens doing a great job and his win loss record proves it

being french canadian has nothing to do with it

habs are deeper that just and not just a good goalie team

player knows how to play both positions, coach is icing line up he is most comfortable with

coach gm want everyone to succeed, fans dont have the info that they have

the youngsters are part of the future but need more time to ripen

habs have more depth now and vets are playing less, check the ice time of markov the other night as an example

so you see....like archie bunker and meathead................ on this for every opinion there is always a counter.

coach T is doing fine. has the roster been top 5 since MT took over? no, not quite, and yet his winning % is up there isn't it?

"Coach T" I like that! Or "Mr.T" would of been good, but was already taken.

Respect for results seems good to me, although some say they have been winning 'despite' Coach-T and that a Babcock (who refused to play PK) would have this team firing on all cylinders and not being shut out several times, nor starting every game sleepwalking.

No team fires on all cylinders 82 games per season, let alone 5'7 centers carrying a team's offense for 82 games.

Secondary scoring would be nice.

True is it that results in the standings do matter, ya gotta make the playoffs.

We may not have a top 10 center, but we have 4 very decent ones, and potential is there for a top 10, or 5 center in #27

Habs are in first place.

What's the problem?

That Ranger game was actually 8 games in 12 nights....

That's a real tough stretch for any team, and Habs went 6-2, and still sit atop the standings... moving on....

Exactly KoRP.

May the Lord of life be with your little niece and with you all.

flip side of those coins

as heard on this board

habs have 4 second line centers play that position by committee

i think therriens doing a great job and his win loss record proves it

being french canadian has nothing to do with it

habs are deeper that just and not just a good goalie team

player knows how to play both positions, coach is icing line up he is most comfortable with

coach gm want everyone to succeed, fans dont have the info that they have

the youngsters are part of the future but need more time to ripen

habs have more depth now and vets are playing less, check the ice time of markov the other night as an example

so you see....like archie bunker and meathead................ on this for every opinion there is always a counter.

Hahahahaha.! That was great.

Well done.

La plus ca change......

The boards are therapy for us nuts.

Hahahaha!

Eller has his supporters on here. Heck, a few posters are perturbed by the fact that others seem to want to give him the benefit of the doubt too often. He's not Mr. Popular but he certainly isn't Public Enemy #1 on here either. There's a mix of positive and negative with him as there should be.

As for Bourque, a lot of his criticism was warranted. He didn't hustle and didn't produce most nights. Desharnais puts in an honest effort and puts up some points as well so there's bound to be a difference in how much vitriol there is directed at each one. And even Bourque had some supporters on here (I was one of them).

That sums up the situation pretty well. I've been looking askance at Deedee a fair bit lately, but I usually do see him working hard out there.