Another Rivalry Game: October 11, Habs vs Senators, 7 PM

dlbalr

Good PP's are pretty simple, gain the zone, win puck battles, move the puck, shoot from the point, get a bid body in front, and crash the net for rebounds. The habs do none of those things. They do everything too slow and cute.

Overall solid game.

I really like how Condon played, looked like Price 2 . This forking horror show called the curse of the P/P I have seen before, it stars no one but scares the fork out of Habs fans. Le Genius has not brought the blender out, nice to see, but it's commmmming. Why the fork can't this talent get their act together and make that P/P work? For starters every team in the NHL knows that if you go right at PK he seems to get lost, gives up the puck, rushes the shot. Maybe he needs to sit on the bench and watch for a while. Let Markov run the P/P for a while. Maybe too many general's on the ice? Maybe Patches Semin and Galchenyuk make it work? I don't know but let's don't do like last year and wait 3 months to see what happens. Also maybe PK should start hitting the net with the odd shot. Or maybe he should just fire at will, if he hurts enough guys maybe they get out of the way. I am rambling. Good games by the boys (except for the P/P) and that boneheaded play by PK that lead to the shorty which Condon should have had but........ he is a rookie. I need a vodka.

Really like the new back up goalie.

Petry and Nate gonna improve the club with great seasons.

Nate will be playing top four minutes soon enough.

Fourth line no longer made up of interchangeable half dozen call ups.

:thumbs_up:

Good PP's are pretty simple, gain the zone, win puck battles, move the puck, shoot from the point, get a bid body in front, and crash the net for rebounds. The habs do none of those things. They do everything too slow and cute.

Overall solid game.

Bring in the sketch artist! A perfect description of what ails the Canadiens power play.

this PP needs a threat on the wing like the good old days when we were a top unit, we always had Big threats from the point, Markov with guys like Souray, Streit, Schneider. But the one game changer was having Kovalev able and WILLING to cut off the boards a bit and take Dangerous shots if left unchecked. It was a triple threat, you couldn't just focus our Point down because Kovy would use the space to wreak havoc on the goalies with his shot. Now this years edition has the tools to do it,but no one seems willing. I'm betting Galchenyuk or Pacioretty are able with their shots, even Semin could do it from the opposite side. Someone needs to step up and either take the pressure off the point or at least take advantage of the space that is there while they focus on shutting it down.

Before you know it this PP struggle will become more mental than anything else, and that is when were in real trouble.

I could only watch this one in snatches - and I've discovered I hate 'streaming' video, it causes my eyes to go buggy - but the last two games have shown scoring throughout the lineup. Exactly what we need. Hopefully that continues. And if we can get the damned PP going, we'll really be getting someplace.

Looks like we have ourselves a good team, however. :thumbs_up:

If you watch Washington, Backstrom runs the power play on the right wall and Ovie hides out in the open on the left side. John Carlson can crank it on the right or Backstrom sets him up from the right side. All the while, ovie is open for the shit on the left side. I would like to see Markov run the left side with Chucky at the left half wall and Beaulieu on the right. Gallagher in front of the net and Pacioretty lurking on the right side in the open. A la ovie or Stamkos. Second unit Petry runs it from the right side with SUbban up high on the left side blue line. DD or Plek down low on the right side. Eller in front of the net and Semin open on the left.

Lefty feeds a lefty. Left handed sniper on the off wing right side.

Right feeding Right. Right handed sniper on the off wing left side.

• Upvote 2

The first PP (I think it was) against Boston was tremendously effective. Tons of puck-movement and aggressive, confident play.

This suggests to me that the coaches are well-aware of the problem and its possible solution. The issue, I suspect, is mental: once a PP gambit fails, players default back to the old lack of confidence, and confusion takes over. Ultimately, it's about habits (of mind, and of behaviour). They're trying to get out of the old, failed ruts, but this is very hard to do and tends to break down under the pressure of game situations.

Power play simply has to get going. Before the excuses go through the entire batting order for the umpteenth time.

Say what you want about Kovy, but he got it done man.

Max still recovering from broken leg. Lets see how it goes as he gets himself back to full form.

Like the second line a lot. Chuck will become the number one center this season.