Dallas Stars at Montreal Canadiens | January 27th, 2015 | 1930 EST

lazy26

Don't get what is fun in losing 3-2.

Yes of course, but the way you are able to play the habs is a ton of fun. Meaning 42 shots, 80 attempted shots, buzzing around their zone untouched for extended periods. Getting out of your own zone with relative ease. Skating around top speed with no fear of getting hit. Like shinny, know what I mean.

Watched kings hawks game last night. Five minutes in Kings captain and third line center Rob Brown puts a hawk D through the boards with a thunderous hit. Sets the tone nicely. Have not see a hab throw a hit that hard all season, or last. Not "a fun team to play against" those kings ......... unlike the habs. Thats all i am saying. But for sure Joe, no fun (at the final buzzer) when down 3-2 to the habs. A win is a win.

Engels say Habfans everywhere are "perplexed" at how well Price is playing, odd way to look at his play so far this year isn't it?

He had won a few Molson awards before this year and I might say I am more like, very pleased to see him shine and shut up every critic he ever had and am not so much perplexed!

If Subban has a 30 goal year next year, don't think I would be perplexed then neither.

Go Habs Go

agree with that Don, "perplexed" Price has shown signs of how good he is since he came in the nhl. Putting it all together and doing it with major consistency, oozing with the confidence of a goalie who has learned from his ALL his experiences. His first season as a rookie, while in his first play off series,which led to his first game seven? against the bruins he nails it with a shut out! Perplexed? anything but. The 011 season where the habs lost a seven game series against the Bruins, the habs only made the play offs because of Prices brilliant play all year. He and Thomas put on a goaltening show and Thomas won by an inch after Gionta missed an open net in game 7 overtime. perplexed? Nah. Last years gold medal performance solidified his confidence and he is now best goalie in the nhl. As expected by many. (all due respect to Rinne, Rask, Quick and Crawford)

"Subban scoring 30 in a season"? Wouldn't be surprised.

Agree with that Don, "perplexed" Price has shown signs of how good he is since he came in the nhl. Putting it all together and doing it with major consistency, oozing with the confidence of a goalie who has learned from his ALL his experiences. His first season as a rookie, while in his first play off series,which led to his first game seven? against the bruins he nails it with a shut out! Perplexed? anything but. The 011 season where the habs lost a seven game series against the Bruins, the habs only made the play offs because of Prices brilliant play all year. He and Thomas put on a goaltening show and Thomas won by an inch after Gionta missed an open net in game 7 overtime. perplexed? Nah. Last years gold medal performance solidified his confidence and he is now best goalie in the nhl. As expected by many. (all due respect to Rinne, Rask, Quick and Crawford)

Playing the Habs is like being unemployed in Canada. It doesn't matter what you do right, you're still not going to get the job (done).

l :rofl::thumbs_up:

that's why the king's are such a formidable playoff team. they'll punish you to death in a seven game series.

Kings are more a depth team. They have/had depth on every line and every duo. Quick is a good goalie who can at moments be great. Last playoffs had a lot of moments where the Kings were outplayed, outmuscled, outdriven and still had Quick to save them the game. Anyone who watched the series against SJ saw a team beaten until the Sharks took the foot off the gas pedal in game four and game five. Kings just kicked the momentum the other way and Quick was great in net.

The Kings do hit and hit hard and hit consistently but nobody is afraid of anyone on their team. They just know they'll all work hard and make you work hard to get the puck from them. Montreal doesn't play that game and we can't until we get stronger on the wings. We're far closer to the Blackhawks who outskill opponents and cause them to make mistakes.

Yes i was stretching it a bit. But safe to say that he is being called up for the same reason Bull dog forwards get called up. To fill out a full game sheet. Looking forward to the day the Habs have an NHL fourth line, and Dogs get a call up when there is an injury.

They did start the year with Moen/Prust-Malhotra-Weise as a fourth line, probably the best one in the league, the problem is that Tom Gilbert never became the top-4 (or top-2 if you believed Berkshire) he was purported to be. That prompted the trade of Moen for Gonchar. Then, MB traded Moen for Bryan Allen to micromanage the salary cap, bringing a situation where we went from having too many forwards to too many defensemen.

Sharks didn't lay down, let their guard down, or whatever..the King's took it from them. All they had to do was win 1 of 4 games after game 3, and they couldn't do it. The amount of pressure the Sharks had on the gas pedal was only the amount that the King's allowed them. I'm not trying to argue, and am in no way a fan of the King's. I do, however, have a lot of respect for them, as well as the Blackhawks. And yes, we are quite similar to the Hawks...which is not a shabby place to be

Yep, that's why I keep saying that we're damned close...maybe just one key player away. Of course that's true for a dozen other teams too, but not all of which will/can make that move

I can see that being true. The Bruins were a President's Trophy winner last year and then they lost Boychuck and Iginla. Now they're a wildcard team, and will be for the foreseeable future.

Yep, that's why I keep saying that we're damned close...maybe just one key player away. Of course that's true for a dozen other teams too, but not all of which will/can make that move

I stick to my viewpoint last year that we're an Eastern Conference contender.

After talking with someone yesterday it's quite clear that we've been without a #1 RW since 2012-2013 and we keep looking for bandaids like Ryder and Vanek instead of getting someone permanent for the position. It's the same with Gilbert and Gonchar except not needing a #1 RD. We have that in Subban. We need a #2 RD.

So the holes from making this a team I'd be unhappy about anything other than a Cup is filling the #1 RW and #2 RD positions.

• Upvote 1

Subban is not goin to score 30 with MT as the coach.

agree with that Don, "perplexed" Price has shown signs of how good he is since he came in the nhl. Putting it all together and doing it with major consistency, oozing with the confidence of a goalie who has learned from his ALL his experiences. His first season as a rookie, while in his first play off series,which led to his first game seven? against the bruins he nails it with a shut out! Perplexed? anything but. The 011 season where the habs lost a seven game series against the Bruins, the habs only made the play offs because of Prices brilliant play all year. He and Thomas put on a goaltening show and Thomas won by an inch after Gionta missed an open net in game 7 overtime. perplexed? Nah. Last years gold medal performance solidified his confidence and he is now best goalie in the nhl. As expected by many. (all due respect to Rinne, Rask, Quick and Crawford)

Yep, unless the PP goes on an insane hot streak, I'd say 30 is a stretch too

Yes it is. But when pk came in the league and got 14 in his rookie season (tying a 40 year old hab record) playing under Martin, on a team that had nobody. (Markov was out) I thought at that time he capable of 30 in a season as he progressed to his "prime". Looks more of a stretch now than it did then.

All this talk of the Kings makes me think about credibility. I guarantee you that on Sunday, the superbowl refs won't be ignoring calls during the final 5 minutes of the fourth quarter because they will "affect the outcome of the game". They will make the calls when they see them. Teams like Boston and LA live and die by the ref's leniancy. Its garbage in my books. Last ten minutes of a playoff game, turn on the dirt and start cheating. You will probably get away with four out of five infractions. Overtime in playoffs? Forget about it. Might as well bring a cannon on the ice and start shooting players. You still won't be penalized. They know this and they exploit it. I have watched LA do this for three years now. I don't like that team for that reason. To me there is A serious problem with credibility when you purposely officiate a game this way.

• Upvote 1

All this talk of the Kings makes me think about credibility. I guarantee you that on Sunday, the superbowl refs won't be ignoring calls during the final 5 minutes of the fourth quarter because they will "affect the outcome of the game". They will make the calls when they see them. Teams like Boston and LA live and die by the ref's leniancy. Its garbage in my books. Last ten minutes of a playoff game, turn on the dirt and start cheating. You will probably get away with four out of five infractions. Overtime in playoffs? Forget about it. Might as well bring a cannon on the ice and start shooting players. You still won't be penalized. They know this and they exploit it. I have watched LA do this for three years now. I don't like that team for that reason. To me there is A serious problem with credibility when you purposely officiate a game this way.

I'm with you there. A penalty is a penalty is a penalty. If you called it in the first game of the season you should be calling it in the last game of the playoffs.

I completely agree, it was almost embarrassing to watch the Bruins beat Vancouver for that cup, a travesty, Bruin hatred factored in, still a travesty to skilled players worldwide ya ask me.

I completely agree, it was almost embarrassing to watch the Bruins beat Vancouver for that cup, a travesty, Bruin hatred factored in, still a travesty to skilled players worldwide ya ask me.

Come on now, Marchand only punched Sedin in the face a half dozen times with the ref looking right at it two feet away

Ya... but Swedes (Euros) are pussies...just ask Don Cherry or Harold Ballard.

Some might argue...more mature or civilized, but they don't realize Hockey is supposed to stay bush-league, it makes the owners more $$$.

I have actually brought this subject up with tonnes of people I know, and the majority like it the way it is. I do not. Playoff reffing, loser points and getting two points for shootout wins are my three soapbox topics. And I really believe that these things hurt the game for casual watchers. "So they get a point for losing? WTF" or... "Isn't that a penalty?"... "Ummm....no the refs are letting them play" "That never gets called on OT" "That never gets called in playoffs" "Refs would be hung if they called that in Playoff OT" these are all ilogical and annoying responses which we as Canadian seasoned fans have been conditioned to not only accept, but for the most part embrace.

I have actually brought this subject up with tonnes of people I know, and the majority like it the way it is. I do not. Playoff reffing, loser points and getting two points for shootout wins are my three soapbox topics. And I really believe that these things hurt the game for casual watchers. "So they get a point for losing? WTF" or... "Isn't that a penalty?"... "Ummm....no the refs are letting them play" "That never gets called on OT" "That never gets called in playoffs" "Refs would be hung if they called that in Playoff OT" these are all ilogical and annoying responses which we as Canadian seasoned fans have been conditioned to not only accept, but for the most part embrace.

All that garbage ruins the game action. The players are so tired and all they do is hook and hold. They should just start the season in November. The SCF would be better.