Tinordi traded to Arizona

dlbalr

Stefan Elliott - who just cleared waivers today - is also heading Montreal's way apparently.

...and is now apparently on the move elsewhere. Just after I finished a write-up about him for the inevitable trade write-up. Yay for a 3-way trade?

Really? this is our big trade? John scott? you have to be kidding me.

He's an All-star forward! He's big! Our problems are solved!

Really? this is our big trade? John scott? you have to be kidding me.

Arizona is a cheap, budget team. If they're taking on $850,000 in salary on a depth guy, they'd want to clear some salary going the other way. Enter Scott, a player who can be buried in the minors with no cap penalty and the Habs can afford to pay him a one-way ticket in the minors. That way they can offset some of the money which makes them able to fit the trade into their budget.

Victor Bartley from Nashville appears to be Montreal's 'other piece' in the trade. I prefer Elliott, to be honest.

Victor Bartley from Nashville appears to be Montreal's 'other piece' in the trade. I prefer Elliott, to be honest.

Same, based on what I've read in the last 10 minutes. Maybe there's a 5th round pick involved?

Arizona is a cheap, budget team. If they're taking on $850,000 in salary on a depth guy, they'd want to clear some salary going the other way. Enter Scott, a player who can be buried in the minors with no cap penalty and the Habs can afford to pay him a one-way ticket in the minors. That way they can offset some of the money which makes them able to fit the trade into their budget.

Oh goody we got a guy who has 23 points in 112 nhl games. He must be the savior. I know MB did not want to lose Tinordi for nothing but really maybe that was a better option. What is the point of trading a guy for someone we can hide in the minors?

Same, based on what I've read in the last 10 minutes. Maybe there's a 5th round pick involved?

Bartley's the prototypical stay at home, physical blueliner. Maybe they preferred that over a right handed Barberio? Seems kind of odd.

What is the point of trading a guy for someone we can hide in the minors?

Depth. If Barberio isn't going back (a possibility now), Bartley replaces him (at least in body, not stylistically) and gives them a veteran they can call on if injuries strike. No one on the current IceCaps roster is even remotely close to NHL ready.

Bartley's the prototypical stay at home, physical blueliner. Maybe they preferred that over a right handed Barberio? Seems kind of odd.

Depth.

The only depth to John Scott is as a boat anchor. And the sob would float anyway.

I knew that Tinordi's value was low, but #@*!&@))@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can now say what I never had to about an MB trade before: this trade SUCKS!

We need scoring and we get John Scott? ARRRRRRRRAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depth. If Barberio isn't going back (a possibility now), Bartley replaces him (at least in body, not stylistically) and gives them a veteran they can call on if injuries strike. No one on the current IceCaps roster is even remotely close to NHL ready.

Seems like a lot of work just to get a Tinordi-esqe player that can report to the minors.

I'm hoping this is a precursor to a bigger trade, in which we needed an NHL roster spot... or is Gilbert due back soon?