Nov. 22, Habs vs Bruins, 7 PM

dlbalr

I am hearing guys at work and people on the internet angry that Allen could or will end up taking ice timefrom beaulieu. Last time i checked, the offensive dynamo that is beaulieu is on pace for 8 points and -12 rating. These are not exactly earth shatterering numbers. MB has been quite consistent stating that the young players must force his hand a la Bournival and the galleys. Show management with your play that they would be idiots to sit you. Neither Beaulieu or Tinordi have done that. Allen is in this game, and I believe that after his years in the league, he has earned his spot there. It is up to the youngsters to push him aside.

Rocky Galchenyuk!

I really don't want to see him in a scrap. Last thing we need is risk an injury in a year where he can really break out!!

This is where the real-time stats (hits, giveaways, takeaways) can really be misleading. Officially, Allen hasn't had a giveaway yet tonight. In reality, he has had some. Criteria for what constitutes these real-time stats seem to vary from arena to arena.

Interesting point. I don't really have a criterion thought out for this, and I guess its not that easy to come up with one. I hope Allen fits in well and flourishes with us.

Have to give credit to Boston for putting a lot of work into this game but without much finish. They'll go back to real tough when they get healthy.

Boston also shutout "western juggernaut super force greatest team in media eyes" st. Louis blues with this same roster. I take this win and say that Crosby Towes Stamkos Price are the greatest hockey players in the nhl.

My favourite part of the game was listening to the announcers praising the Habs' game all night long. It's the kind of thing I'm more accustomed to hearing about teams like the Red Wings - endless praise of their players, their commitment, etc., etc.. It's delicious to be on the receiving end of that, instead of hearing it spoken about opponents.

We are definitely a team to be reckoned with.

While it's no great achievement defeating a game but decimated Bruins' lineup, and although we were outshot by a heavy margin, this was nevertheless a commanding performance by the whole team and Price in particular. The sweetest thing is Carey Price's record of total domination against Rask (sort of the opposite of Patrick Roy's being owned by Moog). He is a 'true franchise' goalie - maybe an outright franchise player - and I don't know if there's another keeper in the NHL who radiates such control and calm, and affects both his own team and the opposition in consequence. Other guys may have better numbers, but nobody (except perhaps Lundqvist) has such a psychological impact on the ice.

When Price first came up, he had that superhuman calm and unflappability about him. Then it slowly got battered out of him as he encountered failures and humiliations for the first time in his career. But now we've got a Carey Price who has come out the other side, with the same immense sense of command as before, but much more fundamentally sound, and with an aura acquired through playoff wins, innumerable stolen games, and an Olympic gold medal. He's been through it all and he's only what, 27? Say what you want about Bob Gainey, he sure made the right call when he identified Price as the cornerstone of the rebuild. It just took longer to get here than we thought.

Pacioretty didn't have a huge game on the scoresheet, but I gotta say - he, too, has really matured into a truly complete player, and our clear leader on offence. Just an outstanding NHLer.

It's taken forever. But we really do seem to have rebuilt the right way this time.

Great post CC!

I really think this is the best Habs team in a long time, and that overall praising of the team by others, is owed a lot to coaching and the mindset that Bergevin and Therrien have brought here with them.

From the start they have been talking about playing the right way, and playing as a team, for your team and team mates. Stressing accountability, hard work, buying in to team concept, character, and playing to their strengths.

It's paying off, and I'm liking most everything I see, especially sweet to be 3-0 vs Bruins this year, and sitting atop the league at the quarter mark, and looking like we are just finding our game... :halm:

Finding more offense would not hurt one bit, but think Therrien was happy just to sit on lead in 3rd.

Habs top 3 scorers not challenging in scoring race, are 31st, 41st and 74th in league, but Subban is 10th among d-man.

Just cant find much to complain about at all and as they were all quoting after game, was '2 more points'.

We gotta team. We aren't all smooth and slick, we're human and won't show up some nights in the insane 82 game season; but we really do have a team. I'd like to see more depth on D... just kiddin' and think our D depth is future trade food, but the brave moves this year; trading solid players like Gionta and Gorges, who bled for us and was hard to part with have bumped us forward at every turn.

I think Borky... I mean Bourque.. was handled exactly right. I don't for a minute believe that anybody in the office or behind the bench was responding ad hoc like a novice to what was going on. Rene was paid his due playoff respect and when he left, everybody knew he'd been treated very fairly. THAT makes for a very good room and happy players. Wisdom is an acquired virtue that incorporates the immediate and contingent into the larger whole or purpose with its many dimensions. Not all expedient means , howsoever attractive or seemingly justifiable in the short term are just and have their own moral logic that cannot be transgressed with impunity. There is always a consequence.

The beauty of Montreal.. at least in my romantic enfatuation with this city where my dad once served as a city councilor... is that her hockey team, because of her people, the people of Quebec, has for the most part and most of the time, been about the God given beauty of hockey.

Alternative approaches can be seen in places like Toronto. Leaf fans love or hate the Leafs. Habs fans.. for the most part.. love hockey.

Gonchar!? Yes,

And , while I know nothing about coaching I like what MT has been doing. I like that he threw Gonchar and Allen right out there with immediate "let's do it" confidence.

We have by all accounts one of the best "rooms" in the NHL. This only happens when the relationship with management is healthy. That only happens with good management and coaching. Sitting at home, I'll never know who was hung over at the morning skate or who is nursing a sprain or rib injury or who is ready to jump on the ice in particular situations, so second guessing is inevitable while no coach is infallible, but I really like what I'm seeing out here and am having one hell of a fun season with Les Boys.

My favourite part of the game was listening to the announcers praising the Habs' game all night long. It's the kind of thing I'm more accustomed to hearing about teams like the Red Wings - endless praise of their players, their commitment, etc., etc.. It's delicious to be on the receiving end of that, instead of hearing it spoken about opponents.

We are definitely a team to be reckoned with.

While it's no great achievement defeating a game but decimated Bruins' lineup, and although we were outshot by a heavy margin, this was nevertheless a commanding performance by the whole team and Price in particular. The sweetest thing is Carey Price's record of total domination against Rask (sort of the opposite of Patrick Roy's being owned by Moog). He is a 'true franchise' goalie - maybe an outright franchise player - and I don't know if there's another keeper in the NHL who radiates such control and calm, and affects both his own team and the opposition in consequence. Other guys may have better numbers, but nobody (except perhaps Lundqvist) has such a psychological impact on the ice.

When Price first came up, he had that superhuman calm and unflappability about him. Then it slowly got battered out of him as he encountered failures and humiliations for the first time in his career. But now we've got a Carey Price who has come out the other side, with the same immense sense of command as before, but much more fundamentally sound, and with an aura acquired through playoff wins, innumerable stolen games, and an Olympic gold medal. He's been through it all and he's only what, 27? Say what you want about Bob Gainey, he sure made the right call when he identified Price as the cornerstone of the rebuild. It just took longer to get here than we thought.

Pacioretty didn't have a huge game on the scoresheet, but I gotta say - he, too, has really matured into a truly complete player, and our clear leader on offence. Just an outstanding NHLer.

It's taken forever. But we really do seem to have rebuilt the right way this time.

agrre with you on gainey..............MB has done a great job adding support and role players................but those guys would not add up to a holl of beans if they did not have Price, Subban, Markov, Pacs............all four were the habs mvps when MB was hired...........and still are.

We gotta team. We aren't all smooth and slick, we're human and won't show up some nights in the insane 82 game season; but we really do have a team. I'd like to see more depth on D... just kiddin' and think our D depth is future trade food, but the brave moves this year; trading solid players like Gionta and Gorges, who bled for us and was hard to part with have bumped us forward at every turn.

I think Borky... I mean Bourque.. was handled exactly right. I don't for a minute believe that anybody in the office or behind the bench was responding ad hoc like a novice to what was going on. Rene was paid his due playoff respect and when he left, everybody knew he'd been treated very fairly. THAT makes for a very good room and happy players. Wisdom is an acquired virtue that incorporates the immediate and contingent into the larger whole or purpose with its many dimensions. Not all expedient means , howsoever attractive or seemingly justifiable in the short term are just and have their own moral logic that cannot be transgressed with impunity. There is always a consequence.

The beauty of Montreal.. at least in my romantic enfatuation with this city where my dad once served as a city councilor... is that her hockey team, because of her people, the people of Quebec, has for the most part and most of the time, been about the God given beauty of hockey.

Alternative approaches can be seen in places like Toronto. Leaf fans love or hate the Leafs. Habs fans.. for the most part.. love hockey.

Gonchar!? Yes,

And , while I know nothing about coaching I like what MT has been doing. I like that he threw Gonchar and Allen right out there with immediate "let's do it" confidence.

We have by all accounts one of the best "rooms" in the NHL. This only happens when the relationship with management is healthy. That only happens with good management and coaching. Sitting at home, I'll never know who was hung over at the morning skate or who is nursing a sprain or rib injury or who is ready to jump on the ice in particular situations, so second guessing is inevitable while no coach is infallible, but I really like what I'm seeing out here and am having one hell of a fun season with Les Boys.

I'm not a bit religious... but I sure do like this ^ guy... :thumbs_up:

I'm not a bit religious... but I sure do like this ^ guy... :thumbs_up:

Why thanks KoRP, the feeling is mutual. My ever patient confessor gets to find out that I'm irreligous too. :bonk:

Cheers