Feb 19th, 2013 - Habs vs Rangers

dlbalr

I gotta say, this team is starting to impress me. I know we're only 1/3 of ths way through the season, but to win back to back games is impressive...the fact that they've done it twice, is even more impressive.

Don't look now, but the Habs are first in the East. Who would've thought!!??!

I gotta say, this team is starting to impress me. I know we're only 1/3 of ths way through the season, but to win back to back games is impressive...the fact that they've done it twice, is even more impressive.

Don't look now, but the Habs are first in the East. Who would've thought!!??!

First in the east, 3rd in the league, behind only the 2 hottest teams in hockey.

Things are looking good right now - we are doing in the conference, but really need to start winning more divisional games.

Leafs losing. Habs win. Tomorrow, I will listen to 15 minutes about the leafs on Hockey Central, with a passing mention of the Habs.

I will say, we need to show we can beat Toronto and Boston. This game is a good sign.

this was a very good road game for this team. I do have a couple of questions, why does Subban keep falling down, almost always nearly costing us a goal against. BUY some new skates for crying out loud.

what the heck is Armstrong doing on this team, what does he contribute? I am very disapointed in him. I thought he would bring some toughness and hard hitting, but nothing that I see. Very good road game let's keep it up. :hyper::1banana::habslogo:

Leafs losing. Habs win. Tomorrow, I will listen to 15 minutes about the leafs on Hockey Central, with a passing mention of the Habs.

I will say, we need to show we can beat Toronto and Boston. This game is a good sign.

Watch Sports30 on RDS, you'll get all the Habs news you could want!!! ;)

Je ne parle pas Francais. :(

No worries, i was just kidding!

By the way, I thought it was nice to see Therrien trust White with the face-off deep in our zone with a few seconds left on Pleky's penalty. White thanked his coach by not only winning the face-off, but was responsible for making sure the puck made it out of our zone!

The team needs to win as many as possible before March. Getting through March is going to be an uphill battle.

March 2nd: vs. Pittsburgh
March 3rd: @ Boston

March 5th: @ Long Island

March 7th: @Carolina

March 9th: @Tampa

March 11th: @Florida

We survive that, we get four out of five off (with a game against Ottawa in between) before going back to a more normal schedule. Seriously, that six game stretch? That's the kind of stretch that will make or break the team. It's easy to forget that we're at the first third of the season right now. This is equivalent to being at Game 27.

Also, the trade deadline happens April 3rd with 35 games played. I believe if we survive that road trip (.500) and then continue playing at the clip we have been, we'll be a playoff team. We'll be making trades like a playoff team, not a seller. Even then, the market isn't going to be very hot. When it comes to UFAs we're looking at maybe some injury fill ins unless Anaheim, Calgary or Ottawa does something crazy. If you want a hot trade deadline, better hope for Dallas to be out of a playoff position (Jagr, Morrow, Ryder, Roy, Nystrom).

By the way... What is te deal with the cushy schedue for Boston. At some point, their schedule must get brutal.

Expect many Bruins fans to whine between the 16th and 22nd of March where they have to travel to Pittsburgh, then Winnipeg and then Ottawa with only a day break in between games. They are going to be terribly jet lagged. Boston gets a lot of long extended breaks now but come March they go into almost a "game every other day" schedule. It looks beneficial now but they'll be run into the ground by the end of the season. Expect whining.

Keep looking at replays of Galchenyuk's goal.

Keep wondering if his move before he passes the puck to Prust was deliberate or not.

Keep not giving a and enjoying everything this kid brings to the table.

Keep looking at replays of Galchenyuk's goal.

Keep wondering if his move before he passes the puck to Prust was deliberate or not.

Keep not giving a ###### and enjoying everything this kid brings to the table.

It was for sure.

Somewhere there is a highlight of him doing the exact same thing in Sarnia.

• Upvote 1

The team needs to win as many as possible before March. Getting through March is going to be an uphill battle.

March 2nd: vs. Pittsburgh

March 3rd: @ Boston

March 5th: @ Long Island

March 7th: @Carolina

March 9th: @Tampa

March 11th: @Florida

We survive that, we get four out of five off (with a game against Ottawa in between) before going back to a more normal schedule. Seriously, that six game stretch? That's the kind of stretch that will make or break the team.

Agreed. However, I think that if the Habs go 2-3-1 on that six game stretch, we'll be OK. We've doone so well in the early part of the season, that we can afford to play for a little under .500 for a little while. These early wins will make it easier for us to make the playoffs!

I have a new (my own personal) nickname for Chucky: "Clutchenyuk"

HAHAHA

Lovin' it! Clutchenyuk...beautiful!

As long as the following keeps happening:

-secondary scoring from the Gallys

-Markov stays healthy

-Diaz plays like a top-4 defender

-Prust - the absolute glue guy of this team - remains healthy

-Pleks and Price remain healthy

this team will make the playoffs. It's worth remembering that the Habs are first in the conference despite very weak performances from Patches, Cole, and Desharnais. We also lacked PK for the first half of our games. If I were a non-fan analyzing the Habs, I would take that as evidence of a team that - suddenly and unexpectedly - has serious depth. I don't like how much hinges on the two rookies, but you can't look at these results and not be impressed by the transformation.

I saw some stats earlier that Montreal is doing the best with an easy schedule while the Blackhawks are doing the best with a difficult schedule. All that means is Montreal will have to step it up later if they want to keep playoff position.

I'd rather Galchenyuk and Gallagher get used to winning than get used to losing.

I honestly haven't liked the way the team has played for the last few games. The are very fortunate to be where they are. I love the fact that they found ways to win, but if they want to continue winning, they need to execute better in there own end, and stop giving the puck away so much in the neautral zone (I must admit that they do have a lot of takeaways as well which is fantastic). They also need to find a way inside defenders around the opposition net, and they need to win more faceoffs. Having said that, wow is Galchenyuk impressing me! Eller has been awesome too. So strong on the boards. I think Eller has earned a few games in the top three. Armstrong has earned a night off, and Cole or Gionta can go play with White and Moen.

Eller has done well the last few games and is taking advantage of Gallagher being out. If he keeps playing with intensity, I see no issue with him getting some quality minutes. He might still need a few shifts on the fourth line if we stay healthy. Better then Kaberle, who has zero chance of getting in the lineup without an injury on the D.

Armstrong needs to sit a few.