Fleischmann signs 1 year deal with the Habs

Meller93

Not sure what the details are yet. But most likely a very cheap deal at 1 year.

I think a lot of us saw this coming. He had s great camp and had immediate chemistry with DD. He should be a solid 3rd LW for us

$750,000

Habs fans need to be more patient about this stuff. Not so much here but elsewhere.

It was nice to see that no one here was getting overworked about it.

It's also nice to see that cap hit. I thought he'd have been closer to the $1 million mark, that's a great deal that actually in a way saves Montreal cap space.

Only negative is youth not given his spot, but if he is best fit and outplayed all the kids for 3rd line wing then got no complaints, as is another low risk signing that may put a little more pressure on Hudon, de la Rose, etc to produce in St.John's if want a call up.

Only negative is youth not given his spot, but if he is best fit and outplayed all the kids for 3rd line wing then got no complaints, as is another low risk signing that may put a little more pressure on Hudon, de la Rose, etc to produce in St.John's if want a call up.

Habs from a few years ago there were simply spots open a youth could have. Today everything is earned. Yes there's some veterans who are not playing their weight but they at least have an argument of previous experience. The youth are no longer gifted positions. Probably the best forward for the youngsters was Hudon and I don't think Hudon can do yet what Flash can they do.

Habs from a few years ago there were simply spots open a youth could have. Today everything is earned. Yes there's some veterans who are not playing their weight but they at least have an argument of previous experience. The youth are no longer gifted positions. Probably the best forward for the youngsters was Hudon and I don't think Hudon can do yet what Flash can they do.

You're describing the recipe that made the Detroit Red Wings one of the league's most successful franchises over the past 20 years. It's A-OK with me.

It was nice to see that no one here was getting overworked about it.

It's also nice to see that cap hit. I thought he'd have been closer to the $1 million mark, that's a great deal that actually in a way saves Montreal cap space.

I'd agree, this board was really relaxed about the Fleischman situation. He was a good fit and we knew MB would do it if it was the right fit. 750,000 is an amazing deal. Kind of cool we signed semin and flash for less than 1.9 mill, and also have kassian at about 1 mill. Savy cap spending MB.

Side note, kassian fractured his foot in a car accident. The could take a month, maybe 3 months.. What does it do to the lineup?

Means our fourth line will look like:

Flynn - Mitchell - Smith-Pelly

or

De la Rose - Mitchell - Flynn

or

De la Rose - Mitchell - Smith-Pelly

Ok this just changed into a full blown Kassian S**T show. Warrants it's own thread probably?

Smart minds think alike. Around the time you posted this, I was moving some posts from various threads into a specific Kassian one.