Habs acquire Devan Dubnyk

dlbalr

Apparently Price is going to miss some time, the Habs have picked up Devan Dubnyk from Nashville for future considerations. Though he's making $3.5 M, his cap hit will be less with Montreal. Edmonton ate half his salary when they dealt him and Nashville is eating some here.

Seriously????? Wasn't there any worse goalies out there??? Should we really be worried that Price is going to be out longer? But seriously - Dubnyk???? WTF???

Seriously????? Wasn't there any worse goalies out there??? Should we really be worried that Price is going to be out longer? But seriously - Dubnyk???? WTF???

It's all about cheap acquisition cost. Guys like Thomas, Brodeur, and Halak would all cost a lot more.

Yikes, this can't be good.

The question is a "NHL ready" goalie like Dubynk really that much more reliable than Tokarski? I guess for "future considerations", it's nice to have the chance to see.

its just for a backup roll till price's return. no need to get bent out of shape unless its over price's injury

Weird that they wouldn't try Tokarski once before trading for a goalie, but considering the price for Dubnyk is pretty much "Oh you forgot to put him on waivers yesterday? That's okay, we'll send you a 7th rounder when we have one", how upset can someone really be?

I wonder how much the preds are eating of this contract. Edm eating 1/2 so salary down to 1.875m if they eat 1/2 we could be down to 937,00 so from a money point of view pretty cheap.

What if the "Future Considerations" are actually "Past Considerations"?

As in, "Sorry we fleeced you so badly in the Sergei Kostitsyn deal. Have a free goalie"

That seems about fair. Or maybe Bergevin still has some of his old equipment he could send them. If he keeps making these big time deals I would suggest it would be wise to keep his old jock strap, he may need it.

I'm curious as to what the future considerations are - I presume it's a 7th rounder contingent on Dubnyk playing __ amount of games or the team making it past a certain round in the playoffs. On the surface though, it's a pretty cheap insurance policy.

I aint no goalie critic, but DD hasnt ever had NHL calibre defense in front of him, but another conservative low risk trade, which is likely smart and fine by me.

Why anyone would be upset at all, or excited by such a minor move is beyond me?

But, why the need make this trade, is MUCH bigger concern for me!!!!!!

Tokarski in a trade maybe? Definitely not the Golden Boy, Robert Mayer.

I don't think there's another trade coming. It could be as simple as Dubnyk can't make it in time for the game so they need to keep Tokarski up and that they'll flip spots tomorrow.