Habs acquire Devan Dubnyk

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

Where's the source for that? If it's confirmed, I can run new cap numbers and let everyone know the money situation.

Just heard it on Sports Net.

Guest Stogey24

Thanks. Here's the big question though - is it 25% of the full-season salary (3.5), or 25% of Nashville's portion (1.75)?

25% of the 1.75.

25% of the 1.75.

Everything I'm reading now says it's 25% of $3.5 M, meaning that there would be no cap effect as the Habs would be paying him $875,000 pro-rated. At 25% of $1.75 M, Montreal would have a pro-rated cap charge of $387,500. Interesting how no one from TSN has picked this up yet.

frankly, i don't even care about the cap implications. Bottom line is that he is a lousy, crappy, useless seive. WTF would we want him???

Price was on skates yesterday. He said that he would play if we were in the playoffs. It sure adds some depth, in case Budaj got himself injured tonight for example.

I don't like this deal...It tells me that Carey might not be close to a return! I hope I'm wrong, but this is what it smells like!

If I'm wrong about Carey, then this deal might pay off in the long run. Who knows what Stephane Waite can do with Dubnyk!?

Why all the hate about picking up a cheap goalkeeper like Dubnyk....it's not we overpaid for him. I like the fact that he's 6'6. He might become a good backup considering, let's face it, Edmonton can't even teach their players how to put their jockstraps on the proper way. Waite might see some potential in DD.

25 minutes left to see if MB pulls the trigger on either Gionta, Markov, or Bourque.

With all the talk of MB loving a bargain, you got to think the price on Vanek and Moulson has got to be dropping with 15 minutes to go, especially on Vanek I'd hope MB would be offering something for him.

This is a nothing deal - indeed, you can argue that Dubnyk was a credible low-end NHL stopper under the wheels came off this season, so it has the potential to be more than nothing, but a useful organizational asset added at low cost.

As with Weaver, the negativity seems absurd to me. I can't think of a single way in which this hurts us.

This is a nothing deal - indeed, you can argue that Dubnyk was a credible low-end NHL stopper under the wheels came off this season, so it has the potential to be more than nothing, but a useful organizational asset added at low cost.

As with Weaver, the negativity seems absurd to me. I can't think of a single way in which this hurts us.

I agree, why all the hate for assets. These players don't cost the Habs a lot of money or pieces to get them.

The Habs have holes to fill on offense,and unless they get Vanek, those holes haven't been filled. It's the responsibility of the GM to put the best possible team on the ice, for not only the fans, but the players. MB has done nothing besides signing Brandon Prust to address long term concerns.

I know Eller was scratched, not sure how I feel about it if he was the one going the other way cause if vanek leaves for nothing then we basically gave eller away for a rental.