Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

We all remember my warning history, Spelling wich i hope got a little better.

What do you think Fanpuck? lol

I don't recall the spelling, I just remember the 10-15 line posts that were in one sentence. I'd say you're the leading example for the success of the warning system, hehe.

I am surprised this rumour has not been posted yet. It seems to be the rumour of the day and is popping up everywhere. It better not be true. :(

To NYI:

Komisarek :puke:

Bonk

To Montreal:

Martinek

Colliton

Bergenheim

Edited by Mr. Nasty

I don't recall the spelling, I just remember the 10-15 line posts that were in one sentence. I'd say you're the leading example for the success of the warning system, hehe.

I think Beckham is the leading example of success because after his punishment he never came back. :)

I am surprised this rumour has not been posted yet. It seems to be the rumour of the day and is popping up everywhere. It better not be true. :(

To NYI:

Komisarek :puke:

Bonk

To Montreal:

Martinek

Colliton

Bergenheim

I know Bergenheim is supposed to be a pretty good offensive prospect but I don't know enough about the other 2 to judge that deal. Unless one of them is a good D prospect then it's a no from me. We can't just give away Komisarek for forwards.

I think Beckham is the leading example of success because after his punishment he never came back. :)

I know Bergenheim is supposed to be a pretty good offensive prospect but I don't know enough about the other 2 to judge that deal. Unless one of them is a good D prospect then it's a no from me. We can't just give away Komisarek for forwards.

I don't see how Bergenheim is all that much different from Perezhogin and Kostitsyn. A young offensive player who's decent when it comes to defense. We have a ton of those already. :wacko:

I've been on other sites, mostly bands where they have sub threads. Such as lounge, NHL, Habs Prospects. Why don't we open a rumour thread(Habs related).

It is easy to see us Habs fans enjoy them regardless of their nature. BS or not they are fun to discuss and if we open the thread and remember that it is all with a grain of salt, I don't feel that it will make HW look bad in anyway. Besides, Spector is making a living from it. It's not hurting him in anyway when things don't develop yet we all go to his page 5 times a day.

The new open thread about rumours is cool. It just sucks having to sift through everything to find something you want to read, and half the time the subject gets changed and you get lost.

Problem solved. If you don't like rumours then don't go into the thread.

As far as Fanpuck goes.......Let me start by saying you and HW have done a wonderful job and I enjoy coming to read.

You do jump the gun and blast people a little too soon at times and it's annoying. I speak from experience. I read Spector once about a trade and started a thread, and a minute later, I read something about a Theo trade so I started another thread. When I went to check for replies I had a message from you that I was no longer a member for starting BOGUS threads.

Both threads I started eventually came true.

Since then you have managed the site a little better although the same complaints are creeping in from other members. I think the Sub menu thread on rumours would take the burden of deciding what's WORTHY off your back. We as true hockey(HABS) fans can handle THAT ourselves.

Thank you!

That is what i am talking about. A thread for rumours, followed by sub-threads about specific rumours is exactly what should happen. If people don't like unsubstantiated rumours, then don't enter that thread. Everyone would be happy.

Fanpuck, what do you think?

Great idea 'HABBER-oooooKNOWS!!

Except that the good old members ARE the Mods, hehe.

Take a look at your warning history. You were warned and then suspended for name calling and harrassing other members. If you were no longer a member, how are you still posting? :1special: We try to be patient with people, but your repeated abuse of the rules forced our hands.

Hey it's all good Fanpuck!!!!!! The first time I got kicked off I was under another name then I created another one hehehe......

After that I wrote an e-mail and asked if I could come back. So warmly you let me back in.

The name calling? Ya well that was a whole other thing, I deserved to be warned. Oh and since we are on the topic you could probably delete "Habless in Nashville" ahhh my friend of a friend who has this cousin,ahhh well she forgot her password. No really...It's my old name I no longer use.

When is the Malkin deal going down? How sweet it would be!!!!!!! :P

Never? <_<

never say never.

nobody thought a few years ago that samsonov could become a habs..ditto kovalev

I'm gonna have to disagree with this 'giving up a lot for one guy' logic... As a born and raised Montrealer, I know that our city thrives on have a winning team, and having a superstar on that team. Look at Lafleur, Roy, Guerrero, Cavillo to some extent... (Only Als player that I could think of on short notice...)

One of the reasonings that I read out there, that actually got me to believe that there could be any validity at all to this rumour, was saying that if they could bring a superstar to Montreal, once who could handle the media (yet to be proven obviously), then it would elevate the games of the rest of our players, as the pressure on them would decrease drastically. Now, ideally this player would be of french canadian decent, but there aren't a great number of them available at the moment.

I'd love to see this deal happen, especially after spending last season being extremely jealous of the Washington fans. Logically speaking, I think we're looking at a 1.5% probably of the trade happening....but as someone else mentioned, it's fun to sit back and dream about a Samsonov, Kovalev, Malkin line...is it not?

Logically speaking, I think we're looking at a 1.5% probably of the trade happening....but as someone else mentioned, it's fun to sit back and dream about a Samsonov, Kovalev, Malkin line...is it not?

Do you really think a guy ala Malkin could be this superstar who handles all the pressure from the media and the fans? I highly doubt this ...

That was a weird line to grab as a quote based on the ensuing comment... but yes. Seeing what Ovechkin is doing in Washington, if Malkin can hook up with the same PR coaches, learn some english, learn some media lessons from Kovalev, and live up to his potential (which I think he will), then I strongly believe that he'll be a superstar in the NHL for years to come!

Yes, it was maybe the wrong line to pick up as you wrote mainly about getting a French superstar. But as you said, it's tough to get one as there aren't much anyways. So if there will be a trade, it might be one for a non-French player. And this brings us back to Malkin - I think that he could be as good as Ovechkin but he's a different person and who knows if this guy could really handle the pressure here in Montréal. It's way more different to cities like Washington, to the few journalists at the hockey games their.

That was a weird line to grab as a quote based on the ensuing comment... but yes. Seeing what Ovechkin is doing in Washington, if Malkin can hook up with the same PR coaches, learn some english, learn some media lessons from Kovalev, and live up to his potential (which I think he will), then I strongly believe that he'll be a superstar in the NHL for years to come!

No doubt Malkin will be huge. Look at this thread. He hasn't even stepped on the ice yet. Only thing is will he deliver on the ice?

My guess .........YES

If it is a reality that the pens approached the Habs, in this so-called trade, rumour, lie, secret, bla, whatever. Then Bob Gainey is an idiot for not grabbing it. Time will tell.

The only reason I think it's bullcrap is all the players involved in the deal except for maby Ryder are players most Habs fans assume are on the way out soon anyway. That's what makes it sound a little fabricated to me.

I shouldnt be posting this but apparently Dumont was told by Gainey to wait until the 24th of august before signing with other clubs. Apparently Gainey is trying to pull off a deal that would leave a spot for Dumont on the line-up.

This comes from my friend whose aunt work as an assistant for Mr Boivin. I do not expect you to believe me.

have a nice day

I shouldnt be posting this but apparently Dumont was told by Gainey to wait until the 24th of august before signing with other clubs. Apparently Gainey is trying to pull off a deal that would leave a spot for Dumont on the line-up.

This comes from my friend whose aunt work as an assistant for Mr Boivin. I do not expect you to believe me.

have a nice day

What do you want? With references like that...

:king: :hlogo: :king:

have a nice day

I hope you are not fooling with us Hip. I have read your posts and I don't see you as a person who would be a jerk and do such a thing to fellow posters, but who knows.

A guy on HFboards posted approximately an hour before the habs got johnson that his sister knew johnson's wife or something, and that he was a habs, it just hadn't been announced yet. So many people laughed at him and all of this, but sure enough it actually happened.

I hope you aren't lying. If you are....I don't like you. lol

Latest "rumor" has Ribs and a pick going to Calgary for Langkow....................."this deal could happen today."....this is from Friday Aug. 18th

fromnhltradetalks.blogspot.com

Latest "rumor" has Ribs and a pick going to Calgary for Langkow....................."this deal could happen today."....this is from Friday Aug. 18th

Interesting.....

:hlogo:

The pick would probably be a 3rd or 4th. Meaning, I would do it. Langkow is every bit as good as Ribeiro, just without the bad attitude. Should put up 60 points between Samsonov and Kovalev.

Interesting.....

:hlogo:

I don't like it. Ribeiro has way better ability, both stick handling and puck control, than Langkow. I don't see a line composed by Kovy, Sammy and Langkow being very succesful.

On the topic of rumor sites/blogs, here's another one from a guy who says he works for the Habs as an attorney. Make what you want of it.

http://nhl-insiders.blogspot.com/

Anyway he says something will happen very soon. UFA signing and trade that would make Montreal a cup contender.

Get your salt and take a grain.

In Bob we trust :king:

I would take Langkow over Ribs any day. He is much more consistent and just as good offensively as Ribeiro, also he is better defensively. He has had 50-60 pts for 6 straught season. He is a good 2nd line centre just not a 1st line centre. Given a chance to unload Ribeiro is worth it alone for me until a top line centre is found. The downside is that Langkow makes 500k more.

BTW the last I read (can't remember where) about the Komisarek/Bonk to NYI deal was that Bob rejected the offer of Martinek, Bergenheim and Colliton and countered with Nokeleinen + Grebeshkov + pick.