Fucale recalled, Tokarski sent down

dlbalr

Common sense has finally struck, Tokarski is being sent down to St. John's to actually play in some games. He'll play three times this week for the IceCaps to get into game shape. Zach Fucale will serve as backup in the meantime.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=43281

(On a side note, these daily transactions are getting annoying in terms of cap tracking. I preferred the beginning of the year when there weren't any roster changes...)

Fucale also struggling in AHL!

He has had some good games and some not-so-good ones. Since the eight goal clunker, he has been on. Regardless, it's not as if he's going to play. Tokarski is going down to play three games and then he'll be right back up (unless he really struggles badly and forces them to make a trade).

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Fucale made some nice saves and played a very solid game yesterday.

I assume they obviously have to be counting on Condon to play Tues Thurs and Sat, good for Tokarski to get some action and Fucale to see the 'big show' up close.

Fucale also struggling in AHL!

He won't play.

He's only there if Condon gets hurt.

Sheesh...two months of desperately hoping Condon can play non-stop? No way we will be first overall by the time Price gets back.

Tokarski will be recalled in a week, this is just to get him some work .

I wouldn't mind throwing Fucale in for a game, see how he looks at this level. I watched him a ton in junior but haven't seen anything from him this year. I think he would do well playing behind one of the best defenses in the league, even at such a young age.

Do not want to see Fucale start yet. Many of top prospects I would be curious to see get some icetime in a game or two (Hudon, Carr, McCarron, etc). But seems lot more risky to toss Fucale in the deep end. Sure, he might do fine for a game or two, but even chance he gets lit up also, which likely not be good for his development nor fair to him to have to try and fill in for the leagues MVP (who he would be compared to of course).

Guest Stogey24

Perhaps Fucale will get a start for scouts to see as part of a trade package. Fucale Tinordi draft pick another lower cap hit player for Eberle

I was thinking about trading my Honda in for a Mercedes too

Perhaps Fucale will get a start for scouts to see as part of a trade package. Fucale Tinordi draft pick another lower cap hit player for Eberle

I highly doubt it. He's not ready.

He's here in case Condon gets hurt or needs to be pulled, and we need someone to finish a game. Tokarski will be back up within a week IMO.

Guest Stogey24

I'm hanging Onto Fucale for now. Price's knee situation scares me a little bit. The future isn't kind to knee injuries, especially on a goalie

I'm hanging Onto Fucale for now. Price's knee situation scares me a little bit. The future isn't kind to knee injuries, especially on a goalie

I agree...but my worries have been dismissed as alarmist by The Board. So hopefully you and I are just nervous nellies.

Just bringing him up and letting him hang with the team is huge. Lets him know the atmosphere and environment and how to handle it.

His bank account will get a nice boost as well. If you assume they'll swap back on Sunday, he'll make close to $20,000 in the five days to serve as an emergency backup. Not too shabby...

Guest Stogey24

Just bringing him up and letting him hang with the team is huge. Lets him know the atmosphere and environment and how to handle it.

For sure. 20g isn't bad either