Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

So Beaulieu almost got traded to Anaheim for Fowler and a pick. It fell though on Anaheim's end

doesn't make sense to me. You'd think we would be adding to Beaulieu in order to get Fowler, not them adding the pick.

Guest Stogey24

Sorry, that's what I meant, Beaulieu and a pick for Fowler.

I guess it was pretty much a done deal. Something to do with the pick though I guess, that made it fall through... I'm not too sure.

Guest Stogey24

O ya, in the playoffs.

Every so often hear a little bit. All outside sources though, so who knows the real truth.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I wonder if this is the deal that killed the other 'confirmed trade' that EDM/MTL was trying to consumate:

EDM:

- 9th pick

- Subban

MTL:

- 4th pick (wanted Dubois)

- Draisaitl

- Klefbom

That trade is so much more complex than the Weber-Subban trade that it got me thinking about how easy it was to analyze Weber for Subban.

9th + Subban for 4th draisaitl Klefbom appeals to me more right now. But it's also harder to analyze. And now I really like sergachev a lot.

• Upvote 1

Everyone's favourite source, Eklund was going on about Habs being very interested in acquiring Kevin Shattenkirk...obvious grain of salt given the source.

But, RH d-man $4.25 in last year of contract who had 14g last year, would he be a reasonable or possible fit? Not sure what St. Louis would want in return, a good forward I assume.

Everyone's favourite source, Eklund was going on about Habs being very interested in acquiring Kevin Shattenkirk...obvious grain of salt given the source.

But, RH d-man $4.25 in last year of contract who had 14g last year, would he be a reasonable or possible fit? Not sure what St. Louis would want in return, a good forward I assume.

Gotta get rid of emelin

Shattenkirk is great

Not sure where he fits on the right side though as Weber and Petry are there.

I don't see having one of Shattenkirk/Petry on the third pair.

My guess is you would have to at least test Shattenkirk/Weber as the top pairing. That leaves Markov/Petry as the second pairing, Emelin/Pateryn as the third. STL is probably asking for Pacioretty though... But maybe MTL can offer a combination of Beaulieu, Plekanec & a draft pick?

It would be ludicrous to trade beaulieu, who is cheap and still under cup control for a guy that is going to be a UFA next year.

My guess is you would have to at least test Shattenkirk/Weber as the top pairing. That leaves Markov/Petry as the second pairing, Emelin/Pateryn as the third. STL is probably asking for Pacioretty though... But maybe MTL can offer a combination of Beaulieu, Plekanec & a draft pick?

It would be ludicrous to trade beaulieu, who is cheap and still under cup control for a guy that is going to be a UFA next year.

Teams that are talking a deal with Shattenkirk are obviously talking to him about an extension too. No team will make a deal unless they can resign him. Same deal that happened with Shaw, MB made the trade because he knew he could be signed right away.

Teams that are talking a deal with Shattenkirk are obviously talking to him about an extension too. No team will make a deal unless they can resign him. Same deal that happened with Shaw, MB made the trade because he knew he could be signed right away.

Can a team even talk to the player himself before trading for them? It's not like it's an UFA signing and as far as I know it's not like Shattenkirk is definitely getting moved.

Love Shattenkirk but I want to keep Beaulieu as well. Barring injury, I expect this to be his breakout season. I will be very disappointed if not.

i would give them Plecky but not Beaulieu Plex and a 3rd but that is about it.

Can a team even talk to the player himself before trading for them? It's not like it's an UFA signing and as far as I know it's not like Shattenkirk is definitely getting moved.

Teams can grant permission to speak with the player about a possible transaction before making a trade.

i would give them Plecky but not Beaulieu Plex and a 3rd but that is about it.

Not much benefit for St. Louis then, is there? They still have Stastny, Lehtera, and Sobotka (who's coming back) at centre, plus guys like Steen and Berglund can also play that spot.

The Blues are odd right now. They are basically replacing Backes and Brouwer with Perron and Sobotka. Totally going away from size in favour of skill, especially when you consider Fabbri developing too. It makes more sense to trade Bouwmeester and use the money to re-sign Shattenkirk but maybe they tried that already and can't find a taker.

With the talk of Anaheim trying to trade Fowler, I could see that being the most sensible swap. Send Fowler to St. Louis with a little extra to make up for the loss of Shattenkirk. Maybe a Shat/Berglund for Perron/Silfverberg kind of swap.

Shattenkirk to the Habs makes no sense. We don't have pieces St. Louis would want. ... and he's a RHD which we are set at. And he's a UFA who doesn't want to re-sign in Canada (At least thats what he told the oilers).

So I don't see how this works.

As for "just play him on the left side" thats proven to give a player about a 5-10% drop in defensive effectiveness (playing on the wrong side).. so why trade for him when Fowler is also available.