Injury news

Commandant

Well that escalated quickly

Welcome aboard Scott, glad to have you. To bring you up to speed, habs rule and I have been bickering on and off for years. Differences of opinion definitely happen around here which makes for some great debate, and for the most part people are respectful. I can't speak for Mr. Rule as to why he would bring something up from 3 months ago, especially from an instance when he took the first shot. Since then we've interacted with each other on here in a positive way, so I don't quite understand. A good thing about this forum is that there's an ignore button that you can use if certain people drive you nuts with their repetitive posts about the coach or if you simply don't think they add any value to the discussion. Hopefully you enjoy posting and reading on here as much as the rest of us. It's the first place I check out for anything Habs related. Cheers

I actually had to think about this, but you sir are a jerk. I tried to patch things up with you, I went to you and I apologized, but you cannot accept that. You have to be an a$$hole. I truly do not care, go fork yourself. And no there is no smiley face is this message. And Brian if you want to kick me off this thing, go ahead. I like 95 % of the people on here but if you want to be a jerk I don't really care. Go fork your self.

You realize you are responding to a post made in April right?

I was more just trying to be funny with that line. Anchorman

Didn't mean to get in the middle of it just wanted to lighten the mood

But thanks Will I appreciate the warm welcome man and for sure this forum was my first stop for anything habs newsy.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Welcome aboard Scott, glad to have you. To bring you up to speed, habs rule and I have been bickering on and off for years. Differences of opinion definitely happen around here which makes for some great debate, and for the most part people are respectful. I can't speak for Mr. Rule as to why he would bring something up from 3 months ago, especially from an instance when he took the first shot. Since then we've interacted with each other on here in a positive way, so I don't quite understand. A good thing about this forum is that there's an ignore button that you can use if certain people drive you nuts with their repetitive posts about the coach or if you simply don't think they add any value to the discussion. Hopefully you enjoy posting and reading on here as much as the rest of us. It's the first place I check out for anything Habs related. Cheers

Welcom Scott. I"ve had to use the ignore button on myself a few times. :blush:

This is an absolutely terrific site for a habs fan by the way. If you can ignore my posts you'll find it really creative and informative. :nuts:

• Upvote 1

Scot 462 you will find Toronto Hab to be the sharpest witted and intelligent individual on this site. He causes much humor. You don't want to miss his posts. Some of us do disagree and get out of control (like ILLWIIL ) but we are all brothers in arms for the Habs so welcome. Speak your mind with no fear. :clap:

• Upvote 2

Scot 462 you will find Toronto Hab to be the sharpest witted and intelligent individual on this site. He causes much humor. You don't want to miss his posts. Some of us do disagree and get out of control (like ILLWIIL ) but we are all brothers in arms for the Habs so welcome. Speak your mind with no fear. :clap:

:thumbs_up: (cept reference to PEI fellow of course)

Welcom Scott. I"ve had to use the ignore button on myself a few times. :blush:

This is an absolutely terrific site for a habs fan by the way. If you can ignore my posts you'll find it really creative and informative. :nuts:

Hahahah, love the self-depreciating humour :P

• Upvote 1

My heart skips a beat when i see this thread is bumped and I know of no current injury concerns.

You're not the only one. This is about the time of year where we hear about offseason training injuries (such as Pacioretty last year) too.

You're not the only one. This is about the time of year where we hear about offseason training injuries (such as Pacioretty last year) too.

There's something off putting for me about the World Cup happening around this time of year and I feel like it's inevitable that a few NHL teams will get hit with injuries. The worst part is that it's a tournament for mostly, elite players and so the injuries can be devastating to a team's season.

I guess it's only a mental thing to prefer that the tournament take place say when the Olympics or the All Star break happen but I get the feeling that there's a higher likelihood of injury when players aren't in mid season form. I'm sure the reverse could be argued as well. Either way, let's hope that the Habs start the season healthy. I care much more about their success this season than team Canada's at the World Cup.

20 minutes later and I see for the first time that Zetterberg is out for Sweden with a training injury. Looks like he won't be kept out of Detroit's lineup though.

Still, he was training hard for the tournament and now it throws his whole NHL season off course.

Max got injured training for the season at this point last year

Guys are training hard right now. Guys train hard all summer. I don't think you can blame the tournament on training injuries.

Maybe the extra games (guys will play more than they would in a typical pre-season and those games will be more intense and more physical), but training, meh... guys train 12 months a year now, they have to. This isn't the 80s where training camp meant burning off the summer calories.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I was holding my breath before I checked this 

Would of also done the same, but heard his update earlier so assumed and hoped was that.