Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

The Habs are in dire need of top six help and don't think Desharnais is a solution so why would Vancouver? Desharnais would also be behind Sedin, Sutter, and Horvat at centre so they really don't have a spot for him.

I would say none of those forwards would entice Vancouver. All of those guys are worth a 2nd round pick or worse on their own. The young player is the best asset in this trade. Should the Canucks deal a quality core d-man for a package where the best asset is equivalent to a second round pick or less? It doesn't make much sense, even if they get out of the completely beyond awful Dorsett contract in the process. A prospect that would make more sense for them is one of the first round prospects. Anything less and they have no reason to consider a deal like this.

The other day I did some digging into similar contracts to Desharnais', to look for a potential swap of underperforming contracts, or even someone with a lower cap hit but a higher salary on a backloaded deal. The idea was to come up with a few trade proposals on here since I spend more time critiquing than I do coming up with my own. You'll note I never made such a post as the list was pretty much empty.

If you want to move Desharnais to Vancouver, the only possible fit I see is Burrows, potentially with Vancouver retaining a bit of the $1M difference in salary (both are UFA's next summer). I don't expect that to be popular at all but that's more the type of deal I could see Desharnais moving in. Not in something where they get a core player coming back.

Carolina has a comparable prospect to Fucale in Alex Nedeljkovic so I'm not sure they'd think too highly of him. The foundation in that deal makes more sense though, a first round pick, a cap dump, and another decent prospect is a decent starting point for something with Skinner I'd think. (I say this knowing Skinner's contract isn't that good and his risky concussion history. He's someone I think you could potentially get for a bit below perceived value because of those factors if they were motivated to move him. Are they really motivated to deal him though? I don't know.)

Funniest part about all of this. DD for Burrows was the initial point of this post with(with van keeping some cap) and It completely got messed up when I wanted Edler lmao.. fml

After news of his arrest today:

To Montreal: Evander Kane

To Buffalo: Emelin and Reway

No need to respond, as I'm sure it'll get ripped apart for a variety of reasons.

No need to respond, as I'm sure it'll get ripped apart for a variety of reasons.

Yeah. Let's get rid of PK for off ice reasons and let's bring in the single most douche player in the league.

Edit : the one that just surrended to the police today.

I was thinking Desharnais and another contract plus Juulsen but if Kane can't handle Buffalo or The 'Peg he can't handle Montreal

I was thinking Desharnais and another contract plus Juulsen but if Kane can't handle Buffalo or The 'Peg he can't handle Montreal

A smaller market team would be ideal except he's already went through one of those. As much talent as he has, I think a lot of teams would be balking at parting with actual value to get him in a trade. If Kane has another year like these last couple, I could possibly see Buffalo making him available in the expansion draft. Kane in Vegas full time? Oh boy.

I like E. Kane a lot, he would look great in the red Habs jersey but this news today is new charge if I'm not mistaken and that is just trouble wailing to happen should he be in MTL (oh! heaven forbid for him) or in Vegas full time.

Guest Stogey24

A smaller market team would be ideal except he's already went through one of those. As much talent as he has, I think a lot of teams would be balking at parting with actual value to get him in a trade. If Kane has another year like these last couple, I could possibly see Buffalo making him available in the expansion draft. Kane in Vegas full time? Oh boy.

lol, no shit eh

Oh man. Poster child. Literally.

"What happens in Vegas.."

He'll almost have immunity.

I don't want Evander Kane for a 7th...been saying it for years...now he's a bad year away from a buyout and a PTO. He's a no good troublemaker.

Sad considering he could be a perennial 30 goal 65 point player with a bit of work

The Habs can't make someone act like a human being. Evander Kane is trash.

I agree that I don't want him, however people can change. He might be a narcissistic asshole but it's not like he's a murderer. He's still just 23-24, and could have a solid 7-8 years scoring 30 if he smartened up

I agree that I don't want him, however people can change. He might be a narcissistic asshole but it's not like he's a murderer. He's still just 23-24, and could have a solid 7-8 years scoring 30 if he smartened up

Sorry, just like Kassian & Semin, Kane cant change his spots.

Can Radulov?

The difference is

1) Radulov never did anything as bad as being criminally charged for assaulting and harrassing women, and

2) He had shown a track record of maturity in Russia before he was signed.

Kane loses on both those points, his transgressions are worse and he's shown no ability to keep his nose clean at this point.

The difference is

1) Radulov never did anything as bad as being criminally charged for assaulting and harrassing women, and

2) He had shown a track record of maturity in Russia before he was signed.

Kane loses on both those points, his transgressions are worse and he's shown no ability to keep his nose clean at this point.

Radulov is also thirty, and I'm not trying to assume, but isn't it possible that Radulov had similar nights where he simply wasn't charged? Hell I've seen dozens of "assault" cases on George Street Newfoundland where no charges happen.

I'm not trying to paint Radulov worse than he deserves, I'm just saying bad things happen without people ever knowing.

Maybe it's a soft spot because I work with troubled youth and I like thinking people can turn it around. My dads a probation officer and he told me once "people aren't bad, the things they do are."

Radulov is also thirty, and I'm not trying to assume, but isn't it possible that Radulov had similar nights where he simply wasn't charged? Hell I've seen dozens of "assault" cases on George Street Newfoundland where no charges happen.

I'm not trying to paint Radulov worse than he deserves, I'm just saying bad things happen without people ever knowing.

Maybe it's a soft spot because I work with troubled youth and I like thinking people can turn it around. My dads a probation officer and he told me once "people aren't bad, the things they do are."

I do believe people can turn around. I work in law, and often work with parents at risk of losing their kids to CAS. However I also believe people have to want to change. The issue I've seen with Kane is so far nothing has shown me that he wants to change... not yet anyway. Maybe that day will come soon, but until it does, he's not worth it IMO.

I do believe people can turn around. I work in law, and often work with parents at risk of losing their kids to CAS. However I also believe people have to want to change. The issue I've seen with Kane is so far nothing has shown me that he wants to change... not yet anyway. Maybe that day will come soon, but until it does, he's not worth it IMO.

I agree that I wouldn't trade for him now. However I think I'm a decent human and I don't even know how I'd handle being a millionaire in my early 20's. In all honesty I've never been in a fight in my life, but I've done things that are illegal. You've got to be a machine not to get in some trouble (look at seguin for example of normal). Now Kane takes it a step further, but I think eventually he's gonna find a reason to change.

Personally, I'd probably be in the same s*** Kassian was in if I was that famous. I don't drink and drive, but I certainly do messed up shiz from time to time.

IF he's a "narcissistic asshole", then he won't change. Simple as that. He can be a good player putting up solid points at 30, but he won't change.

Well at least one other poor decision making Sabre...Ryan O'Reilly, was acquitted of DUI a couple weeks ago, but still am sure Sabres would prefer to have Tyler Myers back.

I don't want Evander Kane for a 7th...been saying it for years...now he's a bad year away from a buyout and a PTO. He's a no good troublemaker.

I would take him for a 7th. I N A HEART BEAT.

I know Sabres want to part ways with Kane, but unlikely that badly.

Yeah, they will surely look to get significant assets back. It's not gonna be one of these 'Desharnais + a 7th' kind of deals. My guess is that he remains a Sabre.