Distraction Thread - Next Year's Starting Lineup

zumpano21

I think I read that too about Shaw.

Based on who the CH may want to protect from the expansion draft, I think they will let Danault play himself into Deharnais' spot and that they will let the three others (Andrighetto, Carr, Hudon) contend for the last spot in the protection list.

I also hope they keep the 2 extra defenders, and that they manage Markov's playing time in what should be his last season. With a healthy Price this team should make it to the playoffs and if the team's newly acquired leadership can deliver as advertised they should do OK but unfortunately short of contending for the cup.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov

[***] - Plekanec -Gallagher

[***] - Desharnais - Shaw

Byron - Flynn - Mitchell

[***]Andrighetto/Carr/Hudon/Danault

Beaulieu - Weber

Markov - Petry

Barberio - Pateryn

Emelin

Price

Montoya/Condon

If Danault can move over DD it would be optimal but I still don't know how I feel about him still on the squad I guess he has a purpose but meh.

I personally think Radulov should be on the second line giving us two actual solid scoring lines and he has shown to be a decent two way player similar to pleks. Change it up for the PP though.

If Price stays healthy it's definitely possible I'm not a big fan on relying on the kids to carry too much weight but who knows we might get surprised.

• 3 weeks later...

Another projected lineup, because I'm bored.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Andrighetto - Plekanec - Radulov

Lehkonen - Desharnais - Shaw

Byron - Mitchell - Danault

Flynn, Carr

Beaulieu - Weber

Markov - Petry

Emelin - Pateryn

Barbeiro

Price

Montoya

Flynn, Carr

Beaulieu - Weber

Markov - Petry

Emelin - Pateryn

Barbeiro

Price

Montoya

I think Carr should be in for Byron.

I know he scored a couple goals last year but overall I don't think he is the best option, really fast and has a good shot but his two way game is pretty bad and is quite undersized for the NHL.

Good line up though

Flynn, Carr

Beaulieu - Weber

Markov - Petry

Emelin - Pateryn

Barbeiro

Price

Montoya

I would flip Carr and Andrighetto, but rest agree.

I get the feeling that Bergevin still isn't done, there are just too many bottom six players on this roster right now.

I think he's gonna ship one or two out.

Look at that lineup and consider Michael McCarron, JDLR, and Stefan Matteau are no where to be found.

Easy enough to see McCarron and Rose in St. Johns. And Matteau should not even be in any picture, he skates poorly and not a big shooter neither.

You've also got Hudon.

And while I don't like Matteau, management traded for him, which means they saw something there and are likely to give him an opportunity.

It still seems to me that there is a real log jam on the bottom of the roster.

I think they'll try Galchenyuk and Radulov together. Plekanec will play with Pacioretty and Gallagher.

Byron will be an everyday player based on his PK ability. I don't believe Lehkonen makes the team.

Carr Galchenyuk Radulov

Pacioretty Plekanec Gallagher

Danault Desharnais Shaw

Byron Mitchell Andrighetto

Beaulieu Weber Price

Markov Petry Montoya

Emelin Pateryn

Barberio

Team is seriously short of 1 proven top 6 forward. They better hope for a drastically improved pp.

Lehkonen - Plekanec - Gallagher

Carr - Desharnais - Shaw

Andrighetto, Flynn

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn
Barberio

Price
Montoya

is my best guess, but i think we have at least one more trade coming.

I think the Galchenyuck Pacioretty duo looked really good st the end of last year. Good chemistry and throw in Gallagher to crash the net and be a pest that's a good scoring line.

Plek is a good veteran that will play a strong two way game for Radulov to work his magic and like I said he also has a decent two way game as well. Add in Carr and again another solid scoring line with a decent two way upside.

Now I think a lot of the young kids will be fighting for that 2 LW spot and like the link Don shared earlier it could possibly be Hudon if he can get his shit together. Carr/Hudon/Lehkonen/Andrighetto could all make it, will be interesting to see who comes out on top

Edited by Scott462

Now I think a lot of the young kids will be fighting for that 2 LW spot and like the link Don shared earlier it could possibly be Hudon if he can get his shit together. Carr/Hudon/Lehkonen/Andrighetto could all make it, will be interesting to see who comes out on top

I just hope one of the kids breaks out and actually deserves the spot, not gets it by default. It's funny how the team's weakness shifted from rw to lw since last season.

I just hope one of the kids breaks out and actually deserves the spot, not gets it by default. It's funny how the team's weakness shifted from rw to lw since last season.

I don't mind that it shifted to the other side. I'd suggest that it's easier to fill a left wing vacancy than a right wing one. Quite honestly, it's finally nice to see some quality RW depth.

I don't mind that it shifted to the other side. I'd suggest that it's easier to fill a left wing vacancy than a right wing one. Quite honestly, it's finally nice to see some quality RW depth.

That's definitely true. A lot less top six RW than LW in the league.

Don't be silly. Montreal has a coach that sure likes to play its top centre at left wing. Max goes down? Chuck moves back to LW.

That's all ya got? Weak and beat to death already, seems more hyperbolic than anything...Hey, wasn't it you who whined about hyperbolic posts?

• Upvote 1

Lehkonen - Plekanec - Gallagher

Carr - Shaw - Byron

Mitchell - Danault - Andrighetto

Scratch: Flynn

Markov - Weber

Beaulieu - Petry

Pateryn - Barberio

Scratch:Joel Hanley or Zach Redmond

Hopefully we find a way to trade the now expiring contracts of Desharnais and Emelin

Hopefully we find a way to trade the now expiring contracts of Desharnais and Emelin

Desharnais is expiring but Emelin has two years left. I also doubt you'll find a trade taker for Desharnais when guys like Hudler and Vrbata are available for free in free agency.

Desharnais is expiring but Emelin has two years left. I also doubt you'll find a trade taker for Desharnais when guys like Hudler and Vrbata are available for free in free agency.

my bad thought they were signed the same summer for some reason.

well they are still depth guys to me at this point or healthy scratches themselves if we don't get rid of them

Over 7 million in healthy scratches. Ouch.

Aside from the Eller/Emelin/DD deals, Bergevin handled the cap extremely well. The team will have money to prepare for expiring contracts they want to keep and RFAs they want to sign long term. Turning Eller's two years of $3.5M into Shaw's $3.9M for five years isn't so hot but if Shaw plays better than Eller did on the wing, it'll be worth it for the most part.

I get the feeling that Bergevin still isn't done, there are just too many bottom six players on this roster right now.

I think he's gonna ship one or two out.

Look at that lineup and consider Michael McCarron, JDLR, and Stefan Matteau are no where to be found.

I don't think that McCarron and DLR make the team. They will be in the AHL. So will Hudon, he just doesn't seem to be on the team's radar. If Lehkonen doesn't make it either, then Carr replaces him and Matteau earns a spot. But in all honesty, Matteau doesn't even look like an NHLer. He should clear waivers and play in the AHL this year. If MB makes another trade, my guess it's for D help so maybe a Flynn or Mitchell gets moved but I doubt it. Most likely Condon is traded for a prospect in October.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Andrighetto-Plekanec-Radulov

Carr-Desharnais-Shaw

Byron-Mitchell-Flynn

Beaulieu-Weber

Markov-Petry

Emelin-Pateryn

Barberio (I'd prefer him with Emelin but one would be on off side)

Price

Montoya

Carr and Andrighetto could be swapped.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Andrighetto-Plekanec-Radulov

Carr-Desharnais-Shaw

Byron-Mitchell-Flynn

Beaulieu-Weber

Markov-Petry

Emelin-Pateryn

Barberio (I'd prefer him with Emelin but one would be on off side)

Price

Montoya

Carr and Andrighetto could be swapped.

Was funny result when in 'a' poll, McCarron was the #1 youngster predicted to crack opening day roster, but not many here slot him in. And Lehkonen seems a bit overlooked here also.

But, are so many battling for spots maybe both with be in St. Johns to start the season at least?