Development Camp Roster

dlbalr

Looking forward to see how/if Sherback will come back strong after last season.

Juulsen is also a player that I want to get to know more this coming season.

Looking forward to see how/if Sherback will come back strong after last season.

I'm quite confident Scherbak will have a bounce back year (as long as he's not yo-yo'ed up and down between the NHL/AHL). He showed some signs of improvement late in the year and that should continue into next season.

Of note: No Lehkonen (likely will skate with his SHL team until September) and no de la Rose at the camp either.

So does that mean DLR will make the big club this fall? Do they have a max they invite to this thing?

So does that mean DLR will make the big club this fall? Do they have a max they invite to this thing?

It would suggest that they think he's past needing this camp. (And he's been there probably 3 times already so that's not shocking.) They could think he's in line to make the big club (Carr, who some think will make the team, isn't on the list either) too. Or, as we saw a few years ago with Kristo, it could be a trade (though I doubt that's the case here).

I thought the lil Finn said he was attending? But, this first camp is kinda more an orientation one isn't it and chance for invites to show what they got.

There is a little Finn attending Don. Petrus Palmu. (5'7", 174lbs.) lol. I know not the one you were talking about. Future considerations has a pretty nice little write up on him.

I've been checking out the invitees on eliteprospects.com. The Habs invited some big boys on defense. Seems to me I've heard of Maxime Fortier somewhere before. I know he was eligible for the draft this year, but I could've sworn that I heard his name for some other reason s well. The announcers during the Memorial Cup seemed impressed with Reid Duke during the season as well. I also noticed that the Habs invited a legacy to camp in Nicolas Poulin (Patrick Poulin's son).

Who out of the invitees are the dark horses that might earn a main camp invite or even an NHL contract?

There is a little Finn attending Don. Petrus Palmu. (5'7", 174lbs.) lol. I know not the one you were talking about. Future considerations has a pretty nice little write up on him.

I've been checking out the invitees on eliteprospects.com. The Habs invited some big boys on defense. Seems to me I've heard of Maxime Fortier somewhere before. I know he was eligible for the draft this year, but I could've sworn that I heard his name for some other reason s well. The announcers during the Memorial Cup seemed impressed with Reid Duke during the season as well. I also noticed that the Habs invited a legacy to camp in Nicolas Poulin (Patrick Poulin's son).

Who out of the invitees are the dark horses that might earn a main camp invite or even an NHL contract?

None will get NHL deal and who might get PTO or AHL deal, dlbalr is the best to answer that question.

A few of the non-NCAA invites will probably move to the rookie tournament team. Of those, I'd imagine Fortier would likely be one, Bobyk as well (who could be an AHL deal candidate to replace Travis Brown). Some of Duke, Fiore, and maybe McDonald might get there as well. Some thought Duke would have his rights traded by last June 1st instead of Minnesota losing him for nothing so he could be a candidate for a contract if he impresses enough.

An NHL deal isn't likely but not impossible as Johnston earned a deal last year after this camp. McNiven also got one after doing well at this camp, leading into an invite to September's tournament. They could still use depth at the minor pro level but I don't really think any of the d-men here would do well enough to get one; a couple of these feel like ATO guys in March/April that they want to get an early look at.

Guest Stogey24

Lindgren looked really good in the scrimmage. He made some big saves.

Reway had a nice bury on a penalty shot, made it look easy

Fucale looked pretty bad.

A couple of weigh-in notes:

- McCarron's up to 237 lbs from 231 (but apparently looks to be skating better)

- Sergachev is 6'3, 223 lbs

- Bourque went from 184 to 194 lbs (he needed to bulk up)

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/scherbak-veut-corriger-le-tir-cette-saison-1.3455299

Here's a link to the Nikita Scherbak interview. It's on RDS.ca, but the interview is in english.

I really like this Kid. I really hope he turns into a bonafide scorer with the Habs.

Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

Bradley was hurt in Sunday's scrimmage (arm in a sling) and is out for the rest of camp. That's not a great way to start his 'signing season', especially since he needs a big year to get a deal.

Guest Stogey24

A couple of weigh-in notes:

- McCarron's up to 237 lbs from 231 (but apparently looks to be skating better)

- Sergachev is 6'3, 223 lbs

- Bourque went from 184 to 194 lbs (he needed to bulk up)

237 is a tank

The reported Sergachev looked awesome, had 3 goals and was using his size to lean on people out there.

Big Mikey had 2g also (but he should be figuratively and literally head and shoulders above most of prospects, what with 20NHL gms and AHL season under his belt)