Anders Lindback
Kristers Gudlevskis

Team Leaders
G Steven Stamkos (2)
A 5 tied with (1)
PTS Killorn/Stamkos (2)
+/- Gudas/Johnson/Stamkos (+1)
PIMS Killorn/Panik/Paquette (2)
Injuries: Ben Bishop, Brian Lee, Mattias Ohlund, Ryan Malone (personal)
Scratches: Keith Aulie, B.J. Crombeen, Cody Kunyk, Ondrej Palat*, Andrej Sustr

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST TV: RDS, CBC, CNBC Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

Well at least we got a split in Tampa

Bah. Tim Peel is just really incompetent, not biased. He adds an additional random factor to the game. That factor could just as easily go against Tampa as against Montreal.

Be warned, Tim Peel is one of tonight's referees (Chris Rooney is the other).

Me predictions for tonight :

1. goal denied for an obscur reason

2. At least 2 penalties that shouldn't have be called

3. He will have to go to the bench of both teams at least once to calm things down after one of his call

Looking for PK to wake up tonight and for Price to have a much more commanding performance. If those two things happen and the rest of the team plays like it did in Game One, we will win.

It'll be interesting to see how Cooper adjusts to Therrien's game plan, which was crazy successful last game out. Will we be able to maintain such ridiculous pressure in the TB zone again? Experience says "no," and that's another reason that Price needs to be Price tonight. But ya never know. Maybe our guys are just too playoff-hardened and hungry.

• Upvote 1

I'm leaving in two hours for the game! I can barely sit still at my desk!

Hey..that's terrifific. Hope you have a great time... Yell one for me!

Looking for PK to wake up tonight and for Price to have a much more commanding performance. If those two things happen and the rest of the team plays like it did in Game One, we will win.

It'll be interesting to see how Cooper adjusts to Therrien's game plan, which was crazy successful last game out. Will we be able to maintain such ridiculous pressure in the TB zone again? Experience says "no," and that's another reason that Price needs to be Price tonight. But ya never know. Maybe our guys are just too playoff-hardened and hungry.

Sure was one hell of a game... I have no idea what to expect.

And "playoff hardened".? Do they like the playoffs that much??

Sure was one hell of a game... I have no idea what to expect.

And "playoff hardened".? Do they like the playoffs that much??

Am with you.

If Habs forwards are skating and checking (pay particular attention to and get physical with #91), should come out on top.

But a bounce or two and series could easily be tied.

Hope is even 1/2 as fun as last game was and if can whoop em real good, all the better.

Bah. Tim Peel is just really incompetent, not biased. He adds an additional random factor to the game. That factor could just as easily go against Tampa as against Montreal.

I remember reading a stat somewhere about our record when he is reffing, it was wayyy below .500, but yes I agree, he is just awful overall

Tis true IllWill, I read that too, it's like 3-9-2 our record with Peelhead as ref...

I thought our veterans looked more comfortable with the playoff atmosphere than the Tampa rookies and young players, that gave us a huge edge last game, in possession at least. I think it's only going to be better this game if the Habs get an early lead, the playoff nerves will get even worse as the thought of going to Montreal down two gets to them even more, and a few big saves from Price could add to that.

Of course, with adrenalized rookies, what I just typed could be just BS too, :blush:

Without the two "gift goals" from Carey last game, it wouldn't have been so close, and I'm hoping to see a composed and determined Habs squad tonight, with the usual Price and that will put a foot on Tampa's throat for the game. It would also be great to see the real Subban for the first time in weeks, and the PP click, that is if we get one with Peel around...

:gohabsgo:

Right. IF last game's basic patterns continue, AND Price plays like he normally does, we will almost certainly win. Should PK stop flailing around and actually remember that he is PK Subban, you can get rid of the "almost." But if Price plays like last game, then it's a toss-up.

That aside, the more fundamental question is whether last game's patterns will continue. To my mind, this comes down to coaching. Can Cooper make adjustments that will fix Tampa's obvious vulnerability to our aggressive forecheck? Can he settle the rookies down to play "their" game? Can he get his team to exploit the Habs' own middling defensive corps with more consistency than they did in Game One? The series will hinge on such questions -TB must find answers to these questions or it'll be a short one, unless Price bombs out.

Am with you.

If Habs forwards are skating and checking (pay particular attention to and get physical with #91), should come out on top.

But a bounce or two and series could easily be tied.

Hope is even 1/2 as fun as last game was and if can whoop em real good, all the better.

Ya man....a terrific hockey game..had to stay up unitl 1:00am to watch it on RDS express...

Now....just about to head off to a Good Friday service.....that and a Habs game....talk about conflicted!!

So glad they both didn't start at the same time...

I remember reading a stat somewhere about our record when he is reffing, it was wayyy below .500, but yes I agree, he is just awful overall

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/puck-daddy/further-adventures-tim-peel-terrible-nhl-referee-185427491--nhl.html

Check out the last video of this link... wtf ?!?

Right. IF last game's basic patterns continue, AND Price plays like he normally does, we will almost certainly win. Should PK stop flailing around and actually remember that he is PK Subban, you can get rid of the "almost." But if Price plays like last game, then it's a toss-up.

That aside, the more fundamental question is whether last game's patterns will continue. To my mind, this comes down to coaching. Can Cooper make adjustments that will fix Tampa's obvious vulnerability to our aggressive forecheck? Can he settle the rookies down to play "their" game? Can he get his team to exploit the Habs' own middling defensive corps with more consistency than they did in Game One? The series will hinge on such questions -TB must find answers to these questions or it'll be a short one, unless Price bombs out.

It sure is nice to get such informed opinion from so many of you guys...

I was surprised at how many of the observations made prior to game one came to light , Briere, Pleks scoring , Gionta the unsung.....cool!

I thought our veterans looked more comfortable with the playoff atmosphere than the Tampa rookies and young players, that gave us a huge edge last game, in possession at least. I think it's only going to be better this game if the Habs get an early lead, the playoff nerves will get even worse as the thought of going to Montreal down two gets to them even more, and a few big saves from Price could add to that.

Of course, with adrenalized rookies, what I just typed could be just BS too, :blush:

It might have felt that way but we had some veterans play a poor game and rookies play a poor game. We also had rookies play a great game and veterans play a great game. Same with Tampa. I thought Salo was great against Montreal. Callahan was pretty much invisible for the Lightning but you had 24 year old Alex Killorn burning us on the scoresheet along with 23 year old Tyler Johnson looking faster than any Hab every shift, which is rare for anyone to do against the Habs.

This is going to be an even battle the whole way, and I think we're gonna see good games and bad games from everyone. It was a bit disappointing to see Pacioretty so invisible but at least we had Desharnais and Vanek on fire. Josh Gorges was enormous for us especially with Subban off his game. Prust was not good at all and should not see 20 minutes of icetime again but I wouldn't pull him for White yet. Weaver was mediocre but there's room for improvement before putting out Tinordi instead. Nothing but props to Lars Eller, who was everything we needed as a third line center aside from losing so many faceoffs.

Really that was the only place we were killed in game one. We have to get better on the dot. Plek and Briere were good (Plek had like 30 faceoffs that night) but we need better from DD (18%!) and Eller (35%). Filppula killed us on the dot, but invisible otherwise.

It might have felt that way but we had some veterans play a poor game and rookies play a poor game. We also had rookies play a great game and veterans play a great game. Same with Tampa. I thought Salo was great against Montreal. Callahan was pretty much invisible for the Lightning but you had 24 year old Alex Killorn burning us on the scoresheet along with 23 year old Tyler Johnson looking faster than any Hab every shift, which is rare for anyone to do against the Habs.

This is going to be an even battle the whole way, and I think we're gonna see good games and bad games from everyone. It was a bit disappointing to see Pacioretty so invisible but at least we had Desharnais and Vanek on fire. Josh Gorges was enormous for us especially with Subban off his game. Prust was not good at all and should not see 20 minutes of icetime again but I wouldn't pull him for White yet. Weaver was mediocre but there's room for improvement before putting out Tinordi instead. Nothing but props to Lars Eller, who was everything we needed as a third line center aside from losing so many faceoffs.

Really that was the only place we were killed in game one. We have to get better on the dot. Plek and Briere were good (Plek had like 30 faceoffs that night) but we need better from DD (18%!) and Eller (35%). Filppula killed us on the dot, but invisible otherwise.

I bet that with home ice advantage, we will se Pacioretty a lot more on the ice.

And when Plekanec will be up against Stamkos on every shift, less of Stamkos I hope.

I bet that with home ice advantage, we will se Pacioretty a lot more on the ice.

And when Plekanec will be up against Stamkos on every shift, less of Stamkos I hope.

I don't think so. In that first period, Stamkos was under-utilized and I think Cooper is going to realize he needs Stamkos on the ice - regardless if Pleks is on or not.

It sounds like Tampa may dress 7 d-men tonight with the 7th being Andrej Sustr (who stands 6'8, 225 lbs). He was one of last year's highly sought after NCAA free agents. Sustr and Pyatt will both take the warm up, one will dress unless Palat surprisingly plays (he's not taking the warm up).

Is it really Peel and not Lee tonight?

Either one, we're fv.cked!

In any case, I won't see the game tonight,cause I've got a date!!! Way to go dumbass, who schedules a date on a game night in the playoffs? I do!! :rolleyes: !!! Looks like i'll be sneaking a few looks at my phone when she goes to the bathroom!!!

GO Habs GO!!!!