Habs at the Worlds

dlbalr

this is probably the wrong thread for this but....

I am watching the Canada vs Swiss game and Ladd scores this wierd goal (2nd goal for Canada). He breaks his stick on the D`s skate but scores with his hand (well fingers). I wish this goal comes up somewhere on tv or the net. I am watching a swiss feed... might be German.

Wow Swiss just tied it.

Subban's injury will force him to miss the tournament.

I was already the biggest hater of this tournament and now this...

I was already the biggest hater of this tournament and now this...

Haha. Well, I sure am disappointed, me thinking he would be a tremendous trade asset this summer..

Now, as long as PK didn't suffer a knee injury similar to Markov's.

Haha. Well, I sure am disappointed, me thinking he would be a tremendous trade asset this summer..

Now, as long as PK didn't suffer a knee injury similar to Markov's.

I think this is more a contract thing. Did he not have some coment about having deals before playing an NHL game at the end of the season? This could be just a way to get $. Maybe I am hoping as well it isn`t serious :)

PK said himself its a two week injury on his twitter.

This is a tournament that starts Friday and lasts two weeks.  Team Canada will want his roster spot, because there are very limited opportunities to change players mid-tourney if he has any kind of set back.  Plus he wouldn't even be ready til the Semi-Finals, even under the current prognosis.

P.K. Subban ‏ @PKSubban1

For All Fans asking about injury, it was minor and will heal in 1-2 weeks #nobiggie

Nothing to do with the Habs, but at 18 and undrafted, props to Ryan Murray for making Team Canada. We don't see this everyday...

Nothing to do with the Habs, but at 18 and undrafted, props to Ryan Murray for making Team Canada. We don't see this everyday...

Did he make the team or did their GM, who works for Edmonton, just want a closer look at him?

Did he make the team or did their GM, who works for Edmonton, just want a closer look at him?

Both, I guess...

SECOND youngest player to ever suit for Canada at the World's. Paul kariya was younger by less than a month.

with 3rd pick, and if Columbus picks skips over him, I say we grab him...is he the other habs at the World's? I been saying Habs should draft him, long before he was picked up for the WHC, regardless of why he is there.

If Columbus takes him, SKIP over Grigorenko , PICK Galchenyuk, ( something to be said for a kid that gets back from ACL reconstruction after only 6 months!!) apparently he is a WORKOUT demon!...

Great to see PAc's, and Plekanec did well first game out...reports showing Eller did well despite loss...

Eller won all his faceoffs according to canadiens.nhl.com

always nice to hear

That's a bit of a loaded stat...he did win all of his draws but he took all of 2 as he played most of the game on the wing.

That's a bit of a loaded stat...he did win all of his draws but he took all of 2 as he played most of the game on the wing.

haha gotta love how they portray that haha

Not surprisingly, Lowe is denying the second part of my statement. Here is a tidbit on that theory, some comments about Murray, and a Hab tidbit among the stuff towards the end. http://www.edmontonjournal.com/business/Murray+making+strong+case+pick/6573567/story.html#ixzz1u6ZIQle9

Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf got into an incident in a Helsinki night club.

There was an argument and Getzlaf was drunk at 3am and told the locals "I am the captain of the Anaheim Ducks, I'll knock all of you out in 3 minutes."

Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf got into an incident in a Helsinki night club.

There was an argument and Getzlaf was drunk at 3am and told the locals "I am the captain of the Anaheim Ducks, I'll knock all of you out in 3 minutes."

I find that story awesome. Not sure why I can just imagine a drunken Getzlaf. I'm Rick James bitch.

Sick backhanded saucer pass by Patches on the overtime winner today against Kazakhstan

:halm:

What's really interesting there is that the game required overtime meaning the US only gets 2 points instead of 3. That could be a big lost point when the first round comes to a close.

"Brent Sutter should play the penguin in the new Batman. Ugly bastard." My friend. lmao

Emelin ruined the night for the Swedes. Playing ugly, diving and scoring a goal. Maybe not the best way to play but he sure got under the skin of the swedish players. Russia went from 1-3 to 7-3.

Emelin ruined the night for the Swedes. Playing ugly, diving and scoring a goal. Maybe not the best way to play but he sure got under the skin of the swedish players. Russia went from 1-3 to 7-3.

Yes it was ugly.

Franzen was bleeding bad and left the game at some point as well.

Emelin has a rocket and needs some PP times next year.