Magnificent Seven? Penguins @ Bell Centre, 7:30PM (RDS, SNE)

Why do you even watch the games if you're this certain the Habs are a lousy team that isn't good enough? If you're looking to be angry and watch something just "to be right," I recommend Fox News.

Never said the habs are a lousey team. Matter of fact have said they are a much improved team from just three years ago. I watched the Habs for over forty years. Been to the stanley cup finals, and two stanley cup parades. I watched in 2012 when they stunk and missed the play offs....and will bet you did too.

I stated that the habs are not serious contenders without a serious no 1 centerman. I could be wrong, the next 62 games and play offs will prove whether they are or are not................what wont prove it is your posts telling me I'm wrong. Thanks anyways.

I am not angry in the slightest. I watch hockey because Iike it. HA! I watch almost every hab game. I watch big games among the elite teams too, see how the habs measure up against the best. Give it a try.

Cheers

Thank goodness this game wasn't as bad a blowout as the Lions-Als. I didn't think the Habs were that bad in the offensive zone, they had some good chances and Fleury was sharp. Defensively though, they were poor and that killed any chance of them being in the game. (BC, meanwhile, was inept at pretty much everything though the Als weren't much better, they just took advantage of some mistakes...)

Yeah The Lions were real good right up until after the anthem then it went downhill in a hurry. The turnovers and defensive zone errors by the Habs was devastating. Carey Price can't save your ass if you are going to just give them puck.

I didn't watch the Lightning game but did see the first halfs of the Blackhawks and Penguins games.

In the Blackhawks game, Montreal looked good and matched up well but the Hawks capitalized on scoring chances while the Canadiens did not.

In this game against the Penguins, they looked absolutely dreadful. From the moment the puck dropped, they all looked hungover. It wasn't even really the Penguins just outplaying them but the Canadiens giving them the game. They weren't ready to play at all. They looked like a team that was ready to lose.

The Blackhawks game was disappointing most because it felt like it could have went either way until the Blackhawks started running up the score (which is 100% okay). The Penguins game? Eh, I don't see the Penguins doing that again. If they do? Something is extremely wrong with the Habs.

St. Louis game will be interesting. Montreal has a terrible record against them in the past five years. I want to see some fight.

Guest Stogey24

I didn't watch the Lightning game but did see the first halfs of the Blackhawks and Penguins games.

In the Blackhawks game, Montreal looked good and matched up well but the Hawks capitalized on scoring chances while the Canadiens did not.

In this game against the Penguins, they looked absolutely dreadful. From the moment the puck dropped, they all looked hungover. It wasn't even really the Penguins just outplaying them but the Canadiens giving them the game. They weren't ready to play at all. They looked like a team that was ready to lose.

The Blackhawks game was disappointing most because it felt like it could have went either way until the Blackhawks started running up the score (which is 100% okay). The Penguins game? Eh, I don't see the Penguins doing that again. If they do? Something is extremely wrong with the Habs.

St. Louis game will be interesting. Montreal has a terrible record against them in the past five years. I want to see some fight.

The only bright spot about the Pens game was Jiri Sekac. The kid can fly. I read a couple articles about last nights game and his name was mentioned in each of them.

Guest Stogey24

Imagine Sekac - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

I understand lines need time to build chemistry and Sekac-Eller-Prust found some, but why not throw a line like you mentioned together when the team isn't clicking in a game. Therrien rarely adjust during games. The only thing he did in that game was switch Weise and P.A

I understand lines need time to build chemistry and Sekac-Eller-Prust found some, but why not throw a line like you mentioned together when the team isn't clicking in a game. Therrien rarely adjust during games. The only thing he did in that game was switch Weise and P.A

Or keep that line together and put them out as the first pp unit. show the other team something different. Give the d on the points something different to look at. Prust and or Eller may just get in front of the goalie and stay there. w.........especially when they know nobody other than galagher on the pp even does. Third period last night would have been a good time to try those things.

Yeah The Lions were real good right up until after the anthem then it went downhill in a hurry. The turnovers and defensive zone errors by the Habs was devastating. Carey Price can't save your ass if you are going to just give them puck.

:lol:

Or keep that line together and put them out as the first pp unit. show the other team something different. Give the d on the points something different to look at. Prust and or Eller may just get in front of the goalie and stay there. w.........especially when they know nobody other than galagher on the pp even does. Third period last night would have been a good time to try those things.

Didn't the PES line help get the maligned PP going in the first place. Then when we think we are back on a roll, we go right back to the same old same old.

lol thanks, get the poms poms out. St Louis game should be a good one

I got em ready every game (but they also double as my Tequila and Rum cozy's) and I bet on Habs not matter who opponent is nor how bad a matchup.

OK, So we got our asses handed to us again Tuesday night. That's 4 games where our boys didn't even bother to show up (7-1 against Tampa, 6-2 against Calgary, 5-0 against Chicago, and 4-0 against PIttsburgh) you could even say that it's 5 games if you include the 3-0 loss to Edmonton. Now I get it that we're not gonna win all 82 games, it's just that we seem to lose these games by a wide margin, and I find that it shows that our boys need a good whipping to get them going.

Again, no panic here, just disappointed that the Habs didin't even show up to play on Tuesday. Before the game on Tuesday I said if our boys could pick up 3 out 4 points, I would see that as confirmation that the Habs are a true contender. Seeing as it'll be impossible for them to pick up 3 out of 4, I would like to see us destroy the Blues tonight. If we can do that, then my faith will be restored, if not, It'll confirm that yes, we might be a top 10 team in the league, but we're not part of the top 5.

I think Habs showed up to play in 1st period, but a certain #28 giftwrapped one goal and forwards/#28 were like walking dead on 2nd goal (Pacioretty fault mostly)

Then down 0-2 they did not star and mount a huge pushback, it happens.

I really like how many point to even loss as 'bad bad bad', but have been very few of them and how bout 3-0 vs Jets when they were playing well, Bruins got beat all over the ice all game long, Philly likewise and Detroit not bad neither, but .........lose one game and people are climbing out on ledge and piling up all the negative crap they can as example how non-contending they are.

FICKLE seems word to describe it. :devil:

OK, So we got our asses handed to us again Tuesday night. That's 4 games where our boys didn't even bother to show up (7-1 against Tampa, 6-2 against Calgary, 5-0 against Chicago, and 4-0 against PIttsburgh) you could even say that it's 5 games if you include the 3-0 loss to Edmonton. Now I get it that we're not gonna win all 82 games, it's just that we seem to lose these games by a wide margin, and I find that it shows that our boys need a good whipping to get them going.

Again, no panic here, just disappointed that the Habs didin't even show up to play on Tuesday. Before the game on Tuesday I said if our boys could pick up 3 out 4 points, I would see that as confirmation that the Habs are a true contender. Seeing as it'll be impossible for them to pick up 3 out of 4, I would like to see us destroy the Blues tonight. If we can do that, then my faith will be restored, if not, It'll confirm that yes, we might be a top 10 team in the league, but we're not part of the top 5.

Almost agree wit that. However one game does not make or break a teams ranking. Good measuring stick though. Bruins beat the blues 2-0 the other night and did so without Krechi or Chara. The sabres beat the sharks on the same night. Oilers shut out habs this season. Habs beat wings twice. Bruins get pouned by leafs leafs get pounded by sabres.....it goes on and on.............. anyone can beat anyone on any given night. As far as tonights Blue vs Habs game i will look to see how the habs come out after a bad loss at home. How they stand up to a big well coached, deep, western team that is considered a contender. Blues are similar to the Bruins, the habs beat them twice.Yet have not beaten anybody else from the say "top teams"

prediction Blues too much for Habs ..... Montreal loses second straight 5-1

Almost agree wit that. However one game does not make or break a teams ranking. Good measuring stick though. Bruins beat the blues 2-0 the other night and did so without Krechi or Chara. The sabres beat the sharks on the same night. Oilers shut out habs this season. Habs beat wings twice. Bruins get pouned by leafs leafs get pounded by sabres.....it goes on and on.............. anyone can beat anyone on any given night. As far as tonights Blue vs Habs game i will look to see how the habs come out after a bad loss at home. How they stand up to a big well coached, deep, western team that is considered a contender. Blues are similar to the Bruins, the habs beat them twice.Yet have not beaten anybody else from the say "top teams"

prediction Blues too much for Habs ..... Montreal loses second straight 5-1

Bullcrappy we win by 3. book it . remember you heard it here first. Le Genius has a plan, hmmm could be in a little trouble. Ok maybe he had the Scotch out last night and has come up with a plan.

Come on boys, lets make em sing the blues in high soprano. :gohabsgo::wavetowel::gohabsgo: