Nov. 20, Blues vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

I don't think anyone can complain with the last 7 games, pens 0-4 loss aside. But man would I ever like to see another big win streak right now. We're off to the best start since 59 I think? Imagine topping those teams! I hope the scoring keep up! And boy oh boy did we ever get the best of the weise Diaz deal. Weise is truly not a fourth liner. He's a bottom 6 guy, but he has some talent! I predicted about 20 points for him but looking forward to 25, and maybe 15 goals to boot

We all seem to agree about Weise, Patch and Price having great games, but I have to say that Deharnais had a great game, especially third period.

Shattenkirk gave us his best Beaulieu impression, and particularly loved watching Bowmeister wave at that pass from Parenteau to Patcioretty.

I thought Plekanec was the worst player we had, facing a big team, he is missing as per usual, what a waste of Galchenyuk at this point playing with him.

The Gallagher non calls are really becoming not so F'n funny, and I hope there is attention brought to the league office, from the Kerry Fraser "whistle blowing" interview/article....

Great game, by a non-contender, against a real contender, who didn't look as much a contender as the Habs, in the Book of Contenders, written by our very own Habs30/31 :rofl:

:halm::1banana::hyper:

We all seem to agree about Weise, Patch and Price having great games, but I have to say that Deharnais had a great game, especially third period.

Shattenkirk gave us his best Beaulieu impression, and particularly loved watching Bowmeister wave at that pass from Parenteau to Patcioretty.

I thought Plekanec was the worst player we had, facing a big team, he is missing as per usual, what a waste of Galchenyuk at this point playing with him.

The Gallagher non calls are really becoming not so F'n funny, and I hope there is attention brought to the league office, from the Kerry Fraser "whistle blowing" interview/article....

Great game, by a non-contender, against a real contender, who didn't look as much a contender as the Habs, in the Book of Contenders, written by our very own Habs30/31 :rofl:

i would say shatternick gave his best Josh Gorges impression. (Take your own goalie out right after you give the puck away)

Gallagher was not happy during that interview. Loved his comment on calling it different on him. That's gonna create waves. Great game by the Habs. Rogers gamecentre live is awesome.

Any link for that interview ?

The attention that this is likely going to receive isn't going to be anything we're going to like. A player who is already on the watch list accusing a referee of saying he wouldn't call a penalty because it's him (remember, it's his word vs the refs', guess who the other refs will believe) is going to get even fewer calls now. If anything, he'll get more called against him in retaliation.

The attention that this is likely going to receive isn't going to be anything we're going to like. A player who is already on the watch list accusing a referee of saying he wouldn't call a penalty because it's him (remember, it's his word vs the refs', guess who the other refs will believe) is going to get even fewer calls now. If anything, he'll get more called against him in retaliation.

Which would only happen in NHL with its bush-league officiating and simply sad to say.

But, what owners want called more this week, owners get.

Which would only happen in NHL with its bush-league officiating and simply sad to say.

But, what owners want called more this week, owners get.

yep

If nothing else pleks is predictable.

Hey crow eater! Come on....admit it, they are doing OK! haha :flaming:

just finished my second helping of crow.................

yes I am on the verge of admitting it............. you guys seen something in this team long before i did.

but, happy to be wrong of course :bonk:

• Upvote 1

Not necessarily. It's up to Molson to now bring it up at next BOG that referees are being inherently biased against players through feelings instead of game neutrality. More support for coach's challenge on calls if referees are going to be biased when making calls.

Not necessarily. It's up to Molson to now bring it up at next BOG that referees are being inherently biased against players through feelings instead of game neutrality. More support for coach's challenge on calls if referees are going to be biased when making calls.

If there's proof that this was said, then yes, it could be brought up. But there's as much evidence to suggest that the ref said it as there is that Gallagher got frustrated and made it all up. I believe Gallagher that this happened but unless there's proof, all Molson can say boils down to 'my guy doesn't get enough calls and says the refs are picking on him unfairly'. That's more or less true but every owner is going to say something similar about one of their own players if Molson were to bring that up which would end the discussion in a hurry.

If there's proof that this was said, then yes, it could be brought up. But there's as much evidence to suggest that the ref said it as there is that Gallagher got frustrated and made it all up. I believe Gallagher that this happened but unless there's proof, all Molson can say boils down to 'my guy doesn't get enough calls and says the refs are picking on him unfairly'. That's more or less true but every owner is going to say something similar about one of their own players if Molson were to bring that up which would end the discussion in a hurry.

If every owner says it, or rather every GM says it, it enhances the argument for Coach's Challenge.

If every owner says it, or rather every GM says it, it enhances the argument for Coach's Challenge.

It could, or it could be perceived as one owner/GM whining which led a bunch of others to as well which wouldn't enhance any argument for a challenge.

For me, the bottom line is that the officiating is brutal at times, for every team, IE Bruins cup win and beyond.

The fact that Gally said this shows how unfair he feels it's been toward him, and we have all seen it, so therefore negatively affects the Habs.

A coaches challenge would definitely even out the justice a bit....

Once again, my positive prediction is accurate--and would have been 100% if I hadn't gotten greedy and included the powerplay success bit.

Of course, since I almost always pick the Habs to win, I am bound to be wrong once in a while, but Les Boys are doing a good job of proving me right this season. Long may it continue. Unlike some, I cheers for the team win or lose and I don't expect every game to be a perfectly played (by the Habs) 4- 0 domination.

Any win is a good win in my books

I suppose that all the "experts" are saying now that St. Louis is not an elite team since they lost to us and not a "real contender" for the Stanley Cup. Oh wait, they aren't? Wonder why? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Agreed. I'm afraid this is gonna backfire on Gally!

I can't believe

a. Gallagher let his emotions get the better of him and actually said that

b. that he hasn't been fined by the NHL yet

I can't believe

a. Gallagher let his emotions get the better of him and actually said that

b. that he hasn't been fined by the NHL yet

why would he be fined??.... all though i can see major backlash albeit subtle by the refs for gallagher not leaving the ice talk exactly there... on the ice

If someone doesn't stand up and say it then it will never change. And I think a review of 5 or 6 games would probably prove it. The refs have a job to do. To allow their personal feelings to enter into it is as unprofessional and bush league as it can get. It is why I have always believed the embellishment rule to be bull pucky. So a player makes it obvious that he got hit in the head with a stick, does that make it any less of a penalty? This kind of crap began with the embellishment penalty and needs to be stopped. Embarrass the ref? How about Refs embarrassing the game with some of the ludicrous calls they make. No player can embarrass a ref as good as a ref can embarrass himself. Good for Gally and let's go to war. :habslogo:

why would he be fined??.... all though i can see major backlash albeit subtle by the refs for gallagher not leaving the ice talk exactly there... on the ice

What he said falls under criticism of officials which is subject to a fine. (Max 50% of one day's pay.)

And I think a review of 5 or 6 games would probably prove it. The refs have a job to do. To allow their personal feelings to enter into it is as unprofessional and bush league as it can get.

Is the review really needed? What Gallagher said is something everyone, from the fans to the announcers to the coaches, already knew. Him being a target of the officials has been mentioned on at least half the broadcasts this year so the issue was already in the spotlight to some degree.

What he said falls under criticism of officials which is subject to a fine. (Max 50% of one day's pay.)

Is the review really needed? What Gallagher said is something everyone, from the fans to the announcers to the coaches, already knew. Him being a target of the officials has been mentioned on at least half the broadcasts this year so the issue was already in the spotlight to some degree.

Then Mr Bergevin and Mr Molson have an obligation to the integrity of the game, to see that this nonsense is stopped. I say a review because the NHL seem to have a lot of Sgt Shultz in them. They see NOTHING. War I say War.

• Upvote 1