Habs sign Drayson Bowman to PTO

dlbalr

The Habs will have someone whose last name starts with a 'B' in camp on a pro tryout...that isn't named Francis Bouillon. According to Josh Rimer, the Habs have signed former Carolina forward Drayson Bowman to a pro tryout contract that will allow him to attend training camp with Montreal. He played 70 games with Carolina last year, recording 4 goals and 8 assists.

Realistically, they're likely not looking at him for the NHL but to see if he's worth signing for the Bulldogs.

Well by the numbers, or lack of, he better be good defensively? Maybe be like a less physical Ryan White?

I've never thought of him as a defensive player. He's one of those guys who does best in a top-6 role. He can play that role in the minors (decent numbers with Charlotte) but it hasn't translated to NHL success.

What a fake name. Fake fake fake. Why are parents naming their kids stuff that sounds like it comes from a B-villain in an Arnold flick?

"Drayson Bowman, this is Thrower. Dalton Thrower. Time to pay the piper."

ARNOLD IS... FLAME THROWER.

HAHAHAHAHA

This or a ghetto movie.

DeSean Jackson, this is Le'Veon Bell. I want you both to meet my brother D'Qwell.

"Who is your crew, Dalton?"

"This is Beau Starrett, Chicago division. He works with Chase Lang in Minnesota."

"Who is your weapons expert?"

"Chase De Leo, Winnipeg division. Small but effective, like dynamite. He's warning us of two defectors from the Winnipeg Division in Tucker Poolman and Clinston Franklin."

"...are you sure about these names?"

"Of course! Why here, meet our new tactics unit captain, Dane Fox!"

The Habs will have someone whose last name starts with a 'B' in camp on a pro tryout...that isn't named Francis Bouillon. According to Josh Rimer, the Habs have signed former Carolina forward Drayson Bowman to a pro tryout contract that will allow him to attend training camp with Montreal. He played 70 games with Carolina last year, recording 4 goals and 8 assists.

Realistically, they're likely not looking at him for the NHL but to see if he's worth signing for the Bulldogs.

You have suggested here that his PTA runs to the end of training camp? I am wondering if his aspirations and managements line up. I don't want to see another Boyce situation where he walks part way through the year. His numbers suggest that he may be that veteran offensive shot in the arm, at the AHL level, that we have coveted for the last few years. I don't see him as an NHL talent at all, hopefully he is on the same page.

"Who is your crew, Dalton?"

"This is Beau Starrett, Chicago division. He works with Chase Lang in Minnesota."

"Who is your weapons expert?"

"Chase De Leo, Winnipeg division. Small but effective, like dynamite. He's warning us of two defectors from the Winnipeg Division in Tucker Poolman and Clinston Franklin."

"...are you sure about these names?"

"Of course! Why here, meet our new tactics unit captain, Dane Fox!"

HAHAHAHAHA

You have suggested here that his PTA runs to the end of training camp? I am wondering if his aspirations and managements line up. I don't want to see another Boyce situation where he walks part way through the year. His numbers suggest that he may be that veteran offensive shot in the arm, at the AHL level, that we have coveted for the last few years. I don't see him as an NHL talent at all, hopefully he is on the same page.

PTO's can run through camp or be terminated at any time between now and then. My guess is that he's holding out hopes that he's still an NHL player. If he fails to make the team, the Habs would probably offer him a two-way deal with a half decent AHL salary that would entice him to stick around. Of course, he can reject that and look for work elsewhere.

If he does sign a contract with the Habs, he can't bolt like Boyce did. Boyce was on a 25-game AHL PTO if I remember correctly and that deal had just about expired so he was free to walk elsewhere. That wouldn't be the case if Bowman's on an NHL two-way deal as it's a season-long pact.

I've actually known a couple people with the first name "Drayson."

While it may sound like a made up African American name, it's just very rare. The name is of Franco-Norman origin and dates back at least a thousand years - one of Charlemagnes sons was named Drayson. After the norman conquest of England in 1066, it made it's way into Anglo-Saxon use, though primarily it existed as a surname.