Weaver re-signs for 1 year

dlbalr

$1.75 M, more than I thought he'd get.

i thought $1.5M was his max. I guess added a bit for the quebec taxes.

I guess the idea is we replace Gorges by committee.

Anyway, happy to have Weaver back. He's kind of a Gorges who can't skate or make an outlet pass (which Gorges was surprisingly good at).

So that leaves 1 spot for either Beaulieu or Tinordi.

I'm hoping that both will bump Gilbert and Weaver on the depth chart and hope that MT will give them a real shot to do so.

I'm hoping that both will bump Gilbert and Weaver on the depth chart and hope that MT will give them a real shot to do so.

I doubt it. Im sure RD will be Subban Gilbert Weaver to start the season.

Gilbert, Sekac, Weaver, Beaulieu, and Tinordi are all going to be jockeying for the last three spots on the blueline. One thing's for sure - it won't be boring.

That Sekac was brought in to be an NHLer, as dlbalr notes, seems to speak to two things: Zoot Suit is much less confident in the Holy Trinity of Pateryn, Tinordi, and Beaulieu than many of the folks on this site; and that he recognizes that our bottom-3 needs work especially with Gorges traded for nothing but a pick.

Therrien will have an interesting job to do in moulding this new D-corps.

Gilbert, Sekac, Weaver, Beaulieu, and Tinordi are all going to be jockeying for the last three spots on the blueline. One thing's for sure - it won't be boring.

That Sekac was brought in to be an NHLer, as dlbalr notes, seems to speak to two things: Zoot Suit is much less confident in the Holy Trinity of Pateryn, Tinordi, and Beaulieu than many of the folks on this site; and that he recognizes that our bottom-3 needs work especially with Gorges traded for nothing but a pick.

If we are going to send the kids to Hamilton - we REALLY need to get a new coach to develop these kids.

Sekac is RW

Sekac is RW

Ha ha, looks like I really flubbed that one! I take it all back. :blush::bonk:

If that's the case Sekac instantly becomes a great move for a franchise in substantial need of talent at W in the organization.

Ha ha, looks like I really flubbed that one! I take it all back. :blush::bonk:

If that's the case Sekac instantly becomes a great move for a franchise in substantial need of talent at W in the organization.

The way people are inferring... seems he is a lock for a roster spot. 6'1 200 lbs. Looks like a mature Scherbak, too.

Sekac is a LW, can also play a bit of C. Defence...not so much. :)

Well, that's even better! Makes Bourque more expendable than he already was..

Same here. With them saving a bit on the Gorges-Gilbert swap, it's a bit easier to swallow.

It's cool :halm: