Injury news

Commandant

Because of Tinordi's waiver status, he'll almost assuredly be around full-time next year. He knows that, so does his father. Him speaking out shouldn't be much of an issue.

PK Subban : "Jarred Tinordi is going to a force in this league" Player on player evaluations carry more weight than anything else imo.

btw.....Have never hear one compliment on MT from PK in three years. Subban thanked everybody but the mail man and Therrein when he won the Norris and again when he landed the long term deal.

With Weaver, Petry and Gonchar on the way out as UFAs we easily have a spot on the big club next year with Tinordi's name on it. Pk and Markov, Emelin, Beaulieu, Gilbert, Pateryn, Tinordi. That is what I think we ice out of camp unless Petry re-signs or we sign a different free agent. Then he will be given the early cut and left down most of the season to be a leader in Hamilton. If that happens he has to man up and accept the challenge. I like Pateryn for quietly waiting for his chances and then trying his best.

With Weaver, Petry and Gonchar on the way out as UFAs we easily have a spot on the big club next year with Tinordi's name on it. Pk and Markov, Emelin, Beaulieu, Gilbert, Pateryn, Tinordi. That is what I think we ice out of camp unless Petry re-signs or we sign a different free agent. Then he will be given the early cut and left down most of the season to be a leader in Hamilton. If that happens he has to man up and accept the challenge. I like Pateryn for quietly waiting for his chances and then trying his best.

Tinordi needs waivers to go back to Hamilton starting next year (as do Pateryn and Beaulieu by the way) so an early cut to lead in Hamilton isn't likely on the horizon.

On the subject of injury news, Gilbert (double jaw fracture) will be wearing a protector for at least a month. He is close to returning though.

Guest Stogey24

Gotta think Gilbert is moved in the offseason

I Doubt they move Gilbert. He isn't as bad as a lot of people on this board say he is. It isn't his fault MT plays him the wrong side 20 minutes a game. He's a decent 3rd pair guy.

Under contract is:

Markov Subban

Bealieu Pateryn

Emelin Gilbert

Tinordi.

Agree, he isn't as bad as many make him out to be, but I am not a big fan and if was traded I would be very OK with that.

Same, especially if it's to make room for Petry.

Habs off today in Florida, no media availability. Expect no official update on Max Pacioretty before tomorrow, unless team has a statement - Dave Stubbs on Twitter

Hope it's nothing serious but it looked like hit on Letang. He has concussion...

Pacioretty flying with the team to Montreal to be looked at by doctors.

Concussion awareness is better today than it has ever been. 10 years ago he would have just been thrown back on the ice. Heck five years ago.

Having him come back to play even if he was seeming fine in the quiet room would have been reckless. He's our best forward. We don't play again until Thursday. No sense rushing even The Wolverine.

Note that for serious concussions, players are not allowed to fly anymore, so the fact that he's flying home with the team means it was not deemed to be serious.

Of course, even a minor concussion can keep a player out for some time.

Also, if I'm MT, I don't put Pacioretty back on the ice until playoff time, even if he's ready to go Thursday.

This is a good excuse to rest him. His regular season is done, even if he's fine.

same. Especially against Toronto...

To me, looking at it over and over again now, and at the time it happened, I think it is lower back tail bone that took most of the shock. He was skating that way too. He will be fine. Yep his head hit the board, but not stupidly hard. You can even see him say ouch before he hits the board.

To me, looking at it over and over again now, and at the time it happened, I think it is lower back tail bone that took most of the shock. He was skating that way too. He will be fine. Yep his head hit the board, but not stupidly hard. You can even see him say ouch before he hits the board.

I just seen a small clip, but I thought the same as you.

The eyes say that he had his bell rung, it may have cleared up instantly though, which explains his immediate attempt to get up. The stumble however, could be from either...could be his head, or it could be from his tailbone. Supposedly finding out this morning. Question now is: Do they list it as an upper body injury, because most ppl are assuming it as such, and cover up a minor tailbone issue? Guess we'll see..I'm sure a tailbone issue would affect his skating

Concussions are completely unpredictable. They are brain injuries. There's no sense trying to gauge how serious it looked. Pacioretty could have a brain aneurysm from the concussion and die tomorrow. Or he might see zero effects from it. Or he might lose some of his motor skills. Or he might not see the effects until he's 55, retired and can't find his Cup rings. No sense trying to predict the severity. Better to just hope he is a healing Wolverine and it didn't do much at all.

The eyes say that he had his bell rung, it may have cleared up instantly though, which explains his immediate attempt to get up. The stumble however, could be from either...could be his head, or it could be from his tailbone. Supposedly finding out this morning. Question now is: Do they list it as an upper body injury, because most ppl are assuming it as such, and cover up a minor tailbone issue? Guess we'll see..I'm sure a tailbone issue would affect his skating

I think our whole year hinges on Patches condition. We await with baited breath. I am not sure we have enough MOJO even with Patches healthy, so any significant time lose could tip the scales in a real negative way.

• Upvote 1