When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

I actually support Therrien's good-faith efforts to give Desharnais every opportunity to get back on track. He has done right by Desharnais and can now lower the boom with a clear conscience. Other players have noted that MT will give you a fair shot to work your way out of a slump, which helps them to trust him, while also knowing that this is still a results-driven business. No harm done at all.

One thing we can all agree on is that if it does come down to Subban or Therrien, we keep Subban. Absolutely ZERO argument about that, I notice.

Well, maybe not 100%, I will be devil's advocate. If Bergevin found "right deal" and trading partner, trading Subban is always an option (terrible-good for long term? no one knows for sure, but very high-risk for sure). What it should take? ALOT and we know it aint gonna happen, but like I have said GMs make odd to terrible choices in the past and will in the future as well (some desperate GMs are out there).

But as far as firing coach before trading Subban (for a stupid good package of stuff), seem incomparable or apples/oranges?

Well, maybe not 100%, I will be devil's advocate. If Bergevin found "right deal" and trading partner, trading Subban is always an option (terrible-good for long term? no one knows for sure, but very high-risk for sure). What it should take? ALOT and we know it aint gonna happen, but like I have said GMs make odd to terrible choices in the past and will in the future as well (some desperate GMs are out there).

But as far as firing coach before trading Subban (for a stupid good package of stuff), seem incomparable or apples/oranges?

If the offer doesn't include Seth Jones, I'd pass.

I don't think mush of Jack Todd but even a blind squirrell etc etc , his opinion on Subban/Therien http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Jack+Todd+Therrien+partly+blame+Subban+detractors/9119402/story.html

I've found myself aligned with Jack Todd in the past. It's a horrifying state of affairs.

Montreal is the city that eats it's own, I'm not surprised at how MTtreats one of their best players, he was a douche with Eller a few weeks ago, no matter the Xs and Os (which I beleive he lacks in), I'm not happy with his lack of standing up for his players, I wish for the days when Bob Gainey took reporters to task over Price. Stupid, old coaches stuck in stupid, old ways of 'motivation' and realizes that respect should go both ways now, this isn't college football where coaches are god, this is a partnership between players and coaches; the quickest way to lose that trust is use the media and embarass a player.

He took over a 15th place team.

He led them to second place.

We are 8-7 and in a playoff spot.

I don't think its anytime soon.

=======

As for the stuff with PK.... MT was tough on him last year and it led to the best season of his career. He had a bad game tonight... MT is being tough with him. Some players have to be coddled and some need a kick in the ass. PK doesn't strike me as the type of kid who needs much coddling, seeing and hearing from his Dad, it sounds like the kick in the ass style of motivation is what he's got his whole life.

I really couldnt agree more, It`s exactly what i said this week in my little Vlog

http://youtu.be/NbHHE7UuU9M

People need to let Michel do what he does best and that's Coaching.

Montreal is the city that eats it's own, I'm not surprised at how MTtreats one of their best players, he was a douche with Eller a few weeks ago, no matter the Xs and Os (which I beleive he lacks in), I'm not happy with his lack of standing up for his players, I wish for the days when Bob Gainey took reporters to task over Price. Stupid, old coaches stuck in stupid, old ways of 'motivation' and realizes that respect should go both ways now, this isn't college football where coaches are god, this is a partnership between players and coaches; the quickest way to lose that trust is use the media and embarass a player.

I think he stands up for them when needed. if you remember last spring during the playoff he let Maclean have it in front of the media. I dont think he would ever Critize Price in front of the media this way because he knows that would destroy him mentally but Subban is a whole different type of player he loves a challenge

I can't see any tactical value in giving the media MORE ammunition against a player they already love to hate on in Subban. Out of touch coach using out of touch tactics.

How so? What is the "correct way", touchy feely heart to heart private discussion (He is a Pro paid millions to entertain the public)? And Gauthier/Martin were highly criticized for keeping everything behind closed doors? So damned by some, no matter how players are dealt with.

And many in media seem to love Subban's play?

I don't think many were complaining that Gauthier/Martin wasn't ripping their players in the media.

The game has changed and old techniques have to change, I do not agree with ripping players in the media.

Well, I'll turn the question on you then DON, what is the benefits of ripping players in the media?

What is Subban went and said "..the coachs line choices are terrible, why am I not on the ice more...etc etc", ripping into the coach? CH would be up and arms about being disrespectful to the coach and he'd be on the first bus out of town.

Guest Stogey24

I don't think many were complaining that Gauthier/Martin wasn't ripping their players in the media.

The game has changed and old techniques have to change, I do not agree with ripping players in the media.

Well, I'll turn the question on you then DON, what is the benefits of ripping players in the media?

What is Subban went and said "..the coachs line choices are terrible, why am I not on the ice more...etc etc", ripping into the coach? CH would be up and arms about being disrespectful to the coach and he'd be on the first bus out of town.

M.T's or any coach's comments I think are more towards constructive criticism. In most cases anyways. With that being said, I've never been a fan of M.T and for him to down play Subban just before the Olympics is gutless.

Apparently Gallagher pied Therrien in the face for his 50th birthday. Seems like there's still a pretty loose attitude in the room.

Man, Gally knows no fear. Any idea if he's been demoted to the 4th line as a result? :)

M.T's or any coach's comments I think are more towards constructive criticism. In most cases.

I truly question if that is the case here. Coaches are human they have likes and dislikes, Subban is a cocky black, superstar, I think that MT thinks he is getting bigger than the team. He feels he has to knock him down a peg or 2 but Subban's persona is to cocky confident and work his ass off, Make mistakes ? you bet but you will never win if you don't take a chance. Today MT took a page out of BIG Bob's playbook and said he was a thoroughbred that needs guidance. Best thing I have ever heard him say. I like Bar think calling players out in the media is very counter productive. It is very old school and low class. IMHO

Man, Gally knows no fear. Any idea if he's been demoted to the 4th line as a result? :)

Gallagher is now on the trade block. Just kidding :rolleyes:

I actually like Therrian's openness and being somewhat truthful, where as Martin interviews were simply a waste of time same ol clichés.

And Therrian's first year with Subban went so badly that he has all of a sudden gone off deep end? And cant figure out how to get the best out of him?

I do not know Subban personally and cant guess coaches motivation techniques, nor what butons to push.

And the last bit, is common sense I would think.

I can't see any tactical value in giving the media MORE ammunition against a player they already love to hate on in Subban. Out of touch coach using out of touch tactics.

And yet the player in question has done nothing but improve under Therrien, so you can say you may not understand what he's doing but it seems to be working

And yet the player in question has done nothing but improve under Therrien, so you can say you may not understand what he's doing but it seems to be working

I would respectfully disagree in the last 5 or 6 games. I would say something is wrong with PK, he is not his usual balls to wall, happy go lucky, score goals guy.

I am okay with calling him out after a bad game. He is a star player, so more is expected of him.

I was not okay with MT refusing to give PK an endorsement for,the Olympic team. That was just being an asshole.

I would respectfully disagree in the last 5 or 6 games. I would say something is wrong with PK, he is not his usual balls to wall, happy go lucky, score goals guy.

3 points in last 2 games? For an offensive d-man is good, but yes he has made some poor decisions, but that is not new for him. Just something he needs to focus on to be good in both ends of rink, which is what coachs are hoping to drive home and is debatable whether public comments are best or not? I dont know, but not a big deal for me.

3 points in last 2 games? For an offensive d-man is good, but yes he has made some poor decisions, but that is not new for him. Just something he needs to focus on to be good in both ends of rink, which is what coachs are hoping to drive home and is debatable whether public comments are best or not? I dont know, but not a big deal for me.

Lets not gild the rose here. It is actually 3 pts in the last 6 games. Those are not PK numbers. and MAY show that all is not well in the land of PK.

Big Picture, he's done nothing but improve. I wouldn't overreact to a short slump.

Lets not gild the rose here. It is actually 3 pts in the last 6 games. Those are not PK numbers. and MAY show that all is not well in the land of PK.

Well, just to be goofy, how bout the #1 scoring d-man since last Jan. Or 2nd best in last 15? Which other team would complain or say he is in a slump offensively?

I would say he is still maturing and the coachs do not put him on a penalty kill for good reason I assume, maybe he dosent shot block well or something, I am not real sure why?

Ya know what? I think this is a tempest in a teapot. Typical Montreal hysteria. Let's move on with our lives...pretty sure PK has.

Gee and I thought we were just having a conversation. Hysteria? really?