Mar. 4, Habs vs Ducks, 10 PM

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

Regarding Pateryn, he had to be sent down at the time that Flynn was acquired to remain in compliance with the 23-man roster limit which was in effect until 3:01 PM on Monday. If they were to bring him back now, they will burn one of their four allowable non-emergency recalls. These recalls have to last between now and whenever Hamilton's season (and hopefully, playoff run) ends. With seven defencemen already on the roster and an eighth to follow in a week or two in Emelin, it's not as if Pateryn was going to play much more if at all so why burn one recall for that? If their scoring drought continues, they may have to use one or two to pull a forward up from Hamilton (Andrighetto, Hudon, Carr, etc) so I imagine they'll try to save those for a while yet.

The forwards in Hamilton have done nothing when with Montreal on the offensive side of things. I'd much rather burn one on Pateryn instead of small offensive minded player who's playing a checking role

The forwards in Hamilton have done nothing when with Montreal on the offensive side of things. I'd much rather burn one on Pateryn instead of small offensive minded player who's playing a checking role

Pateryn isn't going to play though barring injuries (and if there are injuries, the recall won't count against the limit). Like it or not, he's no higher than #7 on the healthy depth chart right now, #8 when Emelin comes back (my guess is he's ahead of Weaver right now though). There's no point in burning one on someone who isn't going to play...not to mention eating up some of their low remaining cap space. I thought he played well too but I'd rather have him on the top pairing in Hamilton than the press box with Montreal. With the Hamilton forwards, they're much more likely to play than their d-men right now even if they don't do much when they're up.

Oh, and by the way, since yesterday's game, I will confront anyone who claim that Tom Gilbert delivers a good first pass to a formal duel. Choose your weapon.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Pateryn isn't going to play though barring injuries (and if there are injuries, the recall won't count against the limit). Like it or not, he's no higher than #7 on the healthy depth chart right now, #8 when Emelin comes back (my guess is he's ahead of Weaver right now though). There's no point in burning one on someone who isn't going to play...not to mention eating up some of their low remaining cap space. I thought he played well too but I'd rather have him on the top pairing in Hamilton than the press box with Montreal. With the Hamilton forwards, they're much more likely to play than their d-men right now even if they don't do much when they're up.

I'm just saying I think Gilbert should be the one not playing. He's the worst D-man this team has had in years. I'll take Diaz back over him

Oh, and by the way, since yesterday's game, I confront anyone who says that Tom Gilbert delivers a good first pass to a formal dual. Choose your weapon.

I'm not sure what a dual is? :) Oh duel. Sounds like fake beer don't it?