Alex Galchenyuk - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher

Lars Eller - Jacob de la Rose - Devante Smith-Pelly

Brandon Prust - Torrey Mitchell - Brian Flynn

Andrei Markov - P.K. Subban

Tom Gilbert - Jeff Petry

Nathan Beaulieu - Sergei Gonchar

Carey Price

Dustin Tokarski

Puck drop from the Bell Centre is at 7:30 PM EST on Sportsnet East and RDS. The lousy regional restrictions apply.

Stat to note - The Habs are 0-2-0 versus Tampa Bay this year. Versus the rest of the Eastern playoff teams? 14-2-1.

Hope it is a good one.

Will Stamkos get 'forgot' about on the ice a couple times too often.

Or will Habs single him out, to ensure he isn't left alone at any time.

He will get his chances but simply have to try and limit damage done.

Big typically means less quick, which can be disadvantage also.

Plekanec, Gionta and smurfs always seemed to make Chara look like a pylon.

Would skate right at him and as soon as he slows down near blueline, dump puck off boards and go right around him.

never saw t

Big typically means less quick, which can be disadvantage also.

Plekanec, Gionta and smurfs always seemed to make Chara look like a pylon.

Would skate right at him and as soon as he slows down near blueline, dump puck off boards and go right around him.

Yea the Norris trophy, stanley cup winning, future hall of fame captain, was at a real disadvantage against Pleks and Gionta.

Guest Stogey24

It's funny how Montreal's roster is set up. We have the most offensively minded D-core in the NHL, but yet we rank in the bottom of the league in scoring. Kind of ironic, but maybe a couple stay at home d-men are exactly what this team needs to score goals.

I think what we need is at least one sniper who has more finish than our existing forwards, not named MaxPac.

It's funny how Montreal's roster is set up. We have the most offensively minded D-core in the NHL, but yet we rank in the bottom of the league in scoring. Kind of ironic, but maybe a couple stay at home d-men are exactly what this team needs to score goals.

Yea the Norris trophy, stanley cup winning, future hall of fame captain, was at a real disadvantage against Pleks and Gionta.

In my best boxing announcer's voice...

And the new, undisputed, sarcasm champion of the world... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hope it is a good one.

Will Stamkos get 'forgot' about on the ice a couple times too often.

Or will Habs single him out, to ensure he isn't left alone at any time.

He will get his chances but simply have to try and limit damage done.

Johnson 64 pts +31

Kucherov 56 pts +33

Palat 52 pts +28

Thats the line that is lethal in tbay, and they have Stampkos and his 36 goals to boot (61 pts)

Was surprised to see Stampkos in a minus? (-1)

Personally I like a puck moving D paired with a rugged stay at home D. Three pairs that way.

Chelly and Ludwig

Svoboda and Green

Gingras and Robinson The 86 Champs had a great balance of that. Did not rely too heavily on any particular pair either.

Guest Stogey24

Personally I like a puck moving D paired with a rugged stay at home D. Three pairs that way.

Chelly and Ludwig

Svoboda and Green

Gingras and Robinson The 86 Champs had a great balance of that. Did not rely too heavily on any particular pair either.

Yup, have a guy that can clear the net for his tendy and a guy to start a rush out of his own end.

Guest Stogey24

Johnson 64 pts +31

Kucherov 56 pts +33

Palat 52 pts +28

Thats the line that is lethal in tbay, and they have Stampkos and his 36 goals to boot (61 pts)

Was surprised to see Stampkos in a minus? (-1)

Johonson, Kucherov, Stamkos all three basically in top 20 scoring. We have Pac(20th) then the next forward on the list in ranked 67th(Plek). T-Bay is a hard team to beat when you need to rely on shutting out their scoring to win.

Habs will win but Steven Stamkos will stub his toe and Ben Bishop will be hungover, thus ensuring that the Habs really didn't win the game in the eyes of certain people.

No matter what the Habs do, there will always be haters not giving them any credit. They made it to the Eastern Conference final, are currently leading the East, and yet all I hear is "the East is wide open". What does it take to be a favorite around here?

Hawks & Ducks are top 2 Stanley cup odds favourites.

Habs still tied for 3rd, 10-1

Tampa tied 6th, 12-1,

(their road record is worst of all top teams 17th in league.)

Hawks & Ducks are top 2 Stanley cup odds favourites.

Habs still tied for 3rd, 10-1

Tampa tied 6th, 12-1,

(their road record is worst of all top teams 17th in league.)

Yes, logically the Habs are a favorite from an unbiased perspective. I was more so meaning Canadian media, from which a majority comes out of Toronto and the every day fan that just plain hates the Habs.

I wouldn't ever be quoting Stock-Healy-McLean (sorry he is an Islander) and don't really care about talking head opinions (other than for comedic relief).

GHG! :hyper:

No matter what the Habs do, there will always be haters not giving them any credit. They made it to the Eastern Conference final, are currently leading the East, and yet all I hear is "the East is wide open". What does it take to be a favorite around here?

If you feel the odds are so outrageous, put your money down---- Vegas will be happy to see you

Well I hope Le Genius gets the boys ready to play tonite, this is an important game. We should be gearing up for the playoffs. We will need to play shutdown defensive hockey to beat these clowns. They have too much scoring power for us to let them spend the 1st 20 minutes taking target practice at Carey. They better set their alarms early and show up right from the puck drop. Pacs needs to get a couple, he is a little snakebit. Maybe he should stand behind the net so that when DD gets that urge to pass with an open net he can just pass it into the net. Should be a good game.

:gohabsgo::wavetowel::gohabsgo:

If you feel the odds are so outrageous, put your money down---- Vegas will be happy to see you

Vegas is happy to see anybody make a wager of kind. And you obviously didn't read what I wrote.

Habs will win but Steven Stamkos will stub his toe and Ben Bishop will be hungover, thus ensuring that the Habs really didn't win the game in the eyes of certain people.

not as bad as when the habs lose "it was the trade deadline day jitters" :rofl:

Seriously, tbay is a good test late in season for Habs. Should be a great game.

Yes, logically the Habs are a favorite from an unbiased perspective. I was more so meaning Canadian media, from which a majority comes out of Toronto and the every day fan that just plain hates the Habs.

I get 07-08 flashbacks where that team was mostly a dominant powerplay so people counted them out for not having a good enough five on five game. This Habs has an excellent five on five game, one of the best in the league but the old school fans shun their weak PP and new school fans shun their possession/shots allowed.

Every body hates a winner....and the habs have done that more than any team in league history! So its fun sticking to mouthy leaf fans and toronto media homers for sure.

One of my favorites is that Mr. Beliveaus' name is engraved on the Stanley Cup more times than the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I get 07-08 flashbacks where that team was mostly a dominant powerplay so people counted them out for not having a good enough five on five game. This Habs has an excellent five on five game, one of the best in the league but the old school fans shun their weak PP and new school fans shun their possession/shots allowed.

Ideally you want a better balance of the two.

Gonna be a big test for our boys tonight. I'm not saying that this is the "be all and end all" of games, but it clearly is an important game. Tampa has had our number this year. Would be nice to get a little revenge!