Mar. 10, Lightning vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

It's a good thing that strong 5 on 5 play is more indicative of success than a strong power play. Habs just don't have the down low presence necessary to relieve the pressure from the points. Opposing teams just swarm the D and clog the shooting lanes. I'd like to see the forwards get possession and drive towards the net more often. Even if it doesn't result in more goals, it at least gets the other team thinking and may open up the points more.

Gonna be a big test for our boys tonight. I'm not saying that this is the "be all and end all" of games, but it clearly is an important game. Tampa has had our number this year. Would be nice to get a little revenge!

For sure. What i will be looking for is preparation. They know they were not good on the road trip. They have been off since Saturaday. How the prep leading up to this game translates to the the ice once the puck is dropped.

It's a good thing that strong 5 on 5 play is more indicative of success than a strong power play. Habs just don't have the down low presence necessary to relieve the pressure from the points. Opposing teams just swarm the D and clog the shooting lanes. I'd like to see the forwards get possession and drive towards the net more often. Even if it doesn't result in more goals, it at least gets the other team thinking and may open up the points more.

Agreed. Forwards move puck around perimeter trying to get it back to the point, take time to play/skate with puck, easy to read and eventually a pass is telegraphed and broken up. I was surprised at one time when it struggled. No longer am.

Five on five they manage well, so take the good with the bad.

never saw t

Yea the Norris trophy, stanley cup winning, future hall of fame captain, was at a real disadvantage against Pleks and Gionta.

Yes and is partly why Habs basically own Bruins every year Chara has been there and why he hasnt ever played well vs Habs.

Chara never won norris for his foot speed nor play in open ice.

No question, he is simply the biggest toughest hockey player of all time. But how does Lucic and Chara's toughness play out vs Habs? Almost to the negative (unless your name is Komisarik).

Yes and is partly why Habs basically own Bruins every year Chara has been there and why he hasnt ever played well vs Habs.

Chara never won norris for his foot speed nor play in open ice.

No question, he is simply the biggest toughest hockey player of all time. But how does Lucic and Chara's toughness play out vs Habs? Almost to the negative (unless your name is Komisarik).

Own bruins every year? Met four times in play offs since the Price era began. Teams tied 2-2 in series with Briuns winning one cup. You call that "habs owning bruins" do ya?

I hate Chara as a villain on the Bruins , but i do respect is talent. Also fully aware the Bruins could never have won that cup in 011 with out his dominant play. Nor would they have went to the cup in 013 without his stellar play of thirty minutes a night in all key situations. Age and a ton of hard miles finally catching up with him .... thankfully.

I don't hate Chara, in fact am a fan, he is one of best defenders ever and respect his restraint when dealing with smaller players and post whistle scrums.

Obviously 99.9% of Hab fans hate him for 1 specific hit, as well as being a Bruin.

But for long career he has pulled his punches and not tried to run players through the end boards, as Kromwall, Lucic, Phaneuf, Ovechkin routinely try and do to unsuspecting opponents.

I don't hate Chara, in fact am a fan, he is one of best defenders ever and respect his restraint when dealing with smaller players and post whistle scrums.

Obviously 99.9% of Hab fans hate him for 1 specific hit, as well as being a Bruin.

But for long career he has pulled his punches and not tried to run players through the end boards, as Kromwall, Lucic, Phaneuf, Ovechkin routinely try and do to unsuspecting opponents.

That is true. Much as i despised the intentional head to the turn buckle hit on Pax , he has not been known as a dirty player or cheap shot thug. I believe that is why he could get away with one. (no suspension) Unfortunately it was a Hab.

Knuckles $#%@ !

GHG :canada:

Any way of tuning into his radio show from here in southern ontario?

I listen to Nilan on TuneIn Radio ap on my iPhone.

Well I for one hate him. Still hoping someone breaks his ankle (by accident of course) He also jumped Emelin. He is a good hockey player but there is a lot of dirty stuff going on with him.

• Upvote 1

Well I for one hate him. Still hoping someone breaks his ankle (by accident of course) He also jumped Emelin. He is a good hockey player but there is a lot of dirty stuff going on with him.

Im still pissed of that Gomez didnt crosscheck Chara in the mouth after the Pacs incident. Wouldve been the best thing Gomez had ever done for this team. DAMNIT NOW IM MAD AGAIN!

He jumped Emelin for trying to take Seguins head off . Unlike when Ellar was knocked into next month, carried out for the season on a stretcher, OR when Pacs was taken off on a Stretcher, or when Chucky and Gally get clobbered. Montreal Canadiens and their coach turned to the refs and the league when this happens now........Bruins turn to teammates. Montreal used to. I miss the likes of Shane Corson, Knuckles Nilan, Larry Robinson, Keane, Skrudland, Macphee, Odeline......i could go on and on.

But is still hate Chara. :flaming:

He jumped Emelin for trying to take Seguins head off . Unlike when Ellar was knocked into next month, carried out for the season on a stretcher, OR when Pacs was taken off on a Stretcher, or when Chucky and Gally get clobbered. Montreal Canadiens and their coach turned to the refs and the league when this happens now........Bruins turn to teammates. Montreal used to. I miss the likes of Shane Corson, Knuckles Nilan, Larry Robinson, Keane, Skrudland, Macphee, Odeline......i could go on and on.

But is still hate Chara. :flaming:

Emelin did a sneaky crosscheck to the ribs of Seguin. Not going for his head.

You are in the vast majority amung HabFans. Chara haas gone after many like Phaneuf, Komisarik and yes Emelin, but if he was a Hab you would of been very pleased he stood up for a young star on your team.

But wont try and sway you on ever liking the big fellow, fair enough.

Anyways, hope they can simply forget it is 1st game home after road trip and come out swingin and with good energy!

Im still pissed of that Gomez didnt crosscheck Chara in the mouth after the Pacs incident. Wouldve been the best thing Gomez had ever done for this team. DAMNIT NOW IM MAD AGAIN!

(he couldnt reach his mouth, and sorry for even mentioning Chara)

How bout those Canucks whooping ratboy Kesler and Ducks last night, giving Habs a chance at #1 overall in NHL with a win.

Emelin did a sneaky crosscheck to the ribs of Seguin. Not going for his head.

looked like a perfectly good crosscheck to me.I mean it's a Broon, I think you are allowed to do that. :rofl:

• Upvote 1

(he couldnt reach his mouth, and sorry for even mentioning Chara)

How bout those Canucks whooping ratboy Kesler and Ducks last night, giving Habs a chance at #1 overall in NHL with a win.

they couldve brought a stool from the lockerroom for Gomez to stand on!