Senators vs Canadiens 7:30

Guest Stogey24

Nice assist by pleks , through it away blindly for sens to break out 2 on 1 ....goal

While he was in the room for repairs we scored twice and went up 2-0..............since he came out of the room we are down 4-0

We are so weak at center

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 quick ones and we're right back in it.

All we need is a goal every 40 seconds or so..

Hey... whatdayknow! Hope doesn't spring eternal!

Really glad we got Torey Mitchell though, really helps our scoring

There was a risk of it getting out of hand alright... :blush:

Actually , I'm very happy with the Mitchell deal.. the kid even speaks french!

There weren't too many Vaneks floating around for free this year.

And we'll feel better after we lay a few whuppins here and there. I don't think the year is quite over yet.

Hamburger made minced meat our of us.

Mitchell is a 4th line guy, why does everyone always pick on the bottom guys. The likes of Pleks, Gallagher, DD, Eller, Gally just don't produce when the going gets tough. Been like that for years. Down the stretch they will be playing a lot teams playing for something and they will continue to fall down the standings. Hopefully they maintain the lead and get home ice over Detroit.

Same with Gilbert, Beauluae and Gonchar were pathetic, minus 3 each I believe. Gilbert isn't the best, he is a bottom pairing guy used on his wrong side playing top 4 minutes. Not his fault. He is who he is.

habs have really fallen since the trade deadline. Playing some garbage hockey. Without Price, we might not be in the playoffs. Some might say that's a stretch, but I don't at all. 23rd in goal scoring, and Price is the bulk of the reason our GAA is so low. They really have to pick it up if they want any chance at a good run in the playoffs.

At least Pacioretty found his touch again.

Mitchell is a 4th line guy, why does everyone always pick on the bottom guys. The likes of Pleks, Gallagher, DD, Eller, Gally just don't produce when the going gets tough. Been like that for years. Down the stretch they will be playing a lot teams playing for something and they will continue to fall down the standings. Hopefully they maintain the lead and get home ice over Detroit.

Same with Gilbert, Beauluae and Gonchar were pathetic, minus 3 each I believe. Gilbert isn't the best, he is a bottom pairing guy used on his wrong side playing top 4 minutes. Not his fault. He is who he is.

Well said. Therrien has no idea what Gilbert is or isn't.

habs have really fallen since the trade deadline. Playing some garbage hockey. Without Price, we might not be in the playoffs. Some might say that's a stretch, but I don't at all. 23rd in goal scoring, and Price is the bulk of the reason our GAA is so low. They really have to pick it up if they want any chance at a good run in the playoffs.

At least Pacioretty found his touch again.

23rd in scoring with Price

23rd in the standings without Price

without a doubt

Yep,

MB will have some money to send in the off season I fully expect him to get a top line RW, a RH defenseman to play top 4 minutes, maybe they will resign Petry.

I also think he will move PAP, one of Pleks or DD.

This season was just a bonus, a shame really since Price is playing so well.

Honestly Detroit is probably the best match up in round 1 for them.

Guest Stogey24

Because Bergevin added another 4th liner to the quantity we already have. I don't think Mitchell is a bad player, I'm just saying he's redundant

I just really hate that over the past few years we keep taking players other teams are dying to get rid of to try to solve our top 6 or powerplay. Gomez, Kaberle, Gonchar, Briere, and Parenteau. I just wish for once we could actually acquire a top 6 in his prime thats going to stick around a few years.

I just really hate that over the past few years we keep taking players other teams are dying to get rid of to try to solve our top 6 or powerplay. Gomez, Kaberle, Gonchar, Briere, and Parenteau. I just wish for once we could actually acquire a top 6 in his prime thats going to stick around a few years.

MB is aces in my opinion, but yes he still has to add that piece. Make this HIS team. The role players he has added are valuable guys no doubt Weiss, Prust, Petry, Smith Pelly........but the back bone of this team....the players that carry this club were already here when he arrived. He inherited them.

But if they cant develop a 3rd over all pick like Chucky past being a second line twenty goal winger? MB may have to look outside for help over the summer.

8 goals in last 6 games.......pacs has what 4 of them? ouch

btw how come a 19 year old DLR can play center......but 21 year old Chucky still deemed not ready? Heres a thought COACH him, get him ready.

Islanders sat night..............playing like this? No way Habs win that game.

Guest Stogey24

MB is aces in my opinion, but yes he still has to add that piece. Make this HIS team. The role players he has added are valuable guys no doubt Weiss, Prust, Petry, Smith Pelly........but the back bone of this team....the players that carry this club were already here when he arrived. He inherited them.

But if they cant develop a 3rd over all pick like Chucky past being a second line twenty goal winger? MB may have to look outside for help over the summer.

8 goals in last 6 games.......pacs has what 4 of them? ouch

btw how come a 19 year old DLR can play center......but 21 year old Chucky still deemed not ready? Heres a thought COACH him, get him ready.

Islanders sat night..............playing like this? No way Habs win that game.

Galchenyuk has been invisible since he came back from that "flu". No chemistry with Plekanec.

Id like to see ol' Michel try the egg line again. Maybe pac-plek-DD on the top line, seeing patches and double d are inseparable. Plek and patches already show great chemistry on the PK.

teams have figured us out at the moment and MT has done nothing, no reaction, no anticipation.. our intensity level is sub par to say the least right now as well. Plus i thought we fired "Jacque Martin" years ago!! he's got us playing horrible right now. they need to add a little fire wagon in their game for F"s sake.

also note we've been losing ever since gonchar returned and emelin went down... pateryn was playing alright at the time.

Id like to see ol' Michel try the egg line again. Maybe pac-plek-DD on the top line, seeing patches and double d are inseparable. Plek and patches already show great chemistry on the PK.

I'd like to see the egg line back as well, I was thinking of even doing something like Plekanec with DLR in a shutdown role.

teams have figured us out at the moment and MT has done nothing, no reaction, no anticipation.. our intensity level is sub par to say the least right now as well. Plus i thought we fired "Jacque Martin" years ago!! he's got us playing horrible right now. they need to add a little fire wagon in their game for F"s sake.

also note we've been losing ever since gonchar returned and emelin went down... pateryn was playing alright at the time.

Nice assist by pleks , through it away blindly for sens to break out 2 on 1 ....goal

While he was in the room for repairs we scored twice and went up 2-0..............since he came out of the room we are down 4-0

We are so weak at center

ItHoM is right, the defense is terrible this way.

Gonchar needs to sit. Twice I said that in 2 days... I feel like 30/31 :)

Plekanec is not and cannot be an offensive player, time to give him the third line as his own, so he won't handicap Galchenyuk any more.

Pleks has taken about 2 weeks off, and was beyond a doubt terrible last night, as well as lately, period, he likes beaches in spring. :)

No Sh!t, Eller is better offensively, and that is sad, because for the most part he is terrible offensively, but with Gally and Chuck? Maybe not?

Again, I feel like 30/31... :)

Chuck tries his best to create, but he has to always have an eye back, because he will never get a pass from his centerman, so play on the defensive side of the puck, second line will never score that way.

DD blows everything that Gally creates by hard work, DD back down the lineup please, it's Gallagher that has the real chemistry with Patch. Let DD play on Habinator's third line with Plek and DLR. Call it the forget it line...

As the game wore on, Subban was more worried about his head to head with Karlson, and failed miserably.

Price is tired out, and needs a rest on Saturday, from carrying these slugs on his back, give him a week off, and let the team dig out of this hole with Tokarski.

Thought about Martin last night, while thinking same thing.

Habs best game of year might have been the 5-2 win in st. louis......coming off a 5-2 win against jackets. Both Patyrn and Tinordi were in the line up for both those games. NB played played top four, 20 plus minutes. MT actions after that. Drop Pateryn, Tinordi to hamilton, drop NB to bottom pair cut his ice time majorly. Habs lose five of next seven playing horribly.

lesson......never mess with a winning line up.

ItHoM is right, the defense is terrible this way.

Gonchar needs to sit. Twice I said that in 2 days... I feel like 30/31 :)

Plekanec is not and cannot be an offensive player, time to give him the third line as his own, so he won't handicap Galchenyuk any more.

Pleks has taken about 2 weeks off, and was beyond a doubt terrible last night, as well as lately, period, he likes beaches in spring. :)

No Sh!t, Eller is better offensively, and that is sad, because for the most part he is terrible offensively, but with Gally and Chuck? Maybe not?

Again, I feel like 30/31... :)

Chuck tries his best to create, but he has to always have an eye back, because he will never get a pass from his centerman, so play on the defensive side of the puck, second line will never score that way.

DD blows everything that Gally creates by hard work, DD back down the lineup please, it's Gallagher that has the real chemistry with Patch. Let DD play on Habinator's third line with Plek and DLR. Call it the forget it line...

As the game wore on, Subban was more worried about his head to head with Karlson, and failed miserably.

Price is tired out, and needs a rest on Saturday, from carrying these slugs on his back, give him a week off, and let the team dig out of this hole with Tokarski.

Could not have said it better myself. Regular season team. Coach is a passenger.

Powerplay........

(Pacs is an all star out there, the other 29 teams would love to have him for their pp.

Subban and Markov are all stars back there on the point. 29 other teams would love to have them on their pp.

DD and Pleks at center............nobody would even put them on the pp. Its why ours sucks.

Price a tad deflated for sure. He is only human. He will bounce back, and i doint mean from last nights game last nights game....but from the lightning game where he was the best player on the ice and lost. Giving up only one goal scored by Gilbert after 61 minutes.

Carey will have to get his head around that even when he plays great and is the first star..........with this team that's not always enough.

He needs to add to the offense some how.

Its a no brainer that Carey should sit Saturday. So he's likely starting.