Lee - Nielsen - Kennedy
Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

de Haan - Boychuk
Strait - Hamonic
Hickey - Donovan

Neuvirth

Dave Stubbs on Twitter.

:gohabsgo:

Apparently Neuvirth is starting for the Islanders. That's a bit surprising, especially since Neuvirth wasn't particularly sharp earlier in the week when he played.

Thanks guys

I was honestly about to say I bet Beaulieu plays tonight

Therrien has pulled this card before, take a player off a regular line/pairing in practice to put the fear of a healthy scratch in him and send a message, then put the player back for the next game. We'll see if the message gets through and Beaulieu plays a bit better than he has lately. If not, the next step is to actually scratch him.

Guest Stogey24

Therrien has pulled this card before, take a player off a regular line/pairing in practice to put the fear of a healthy scratch in him and send a message, then put the player back for the next game. We'll see if the message gets through and Beaulieu plays a bit better than he has lately. If not, the next step is to actually scratch him.

Exactly what I was thinking and your definitely right; bad game tonight, he'll probably be in the pressbox Monday

There's so much depth on this team that I don't think the players or the fans should take offense to anybody getting scratched for a particular game. They are going to need everybody going if they plan on making a deep run in the spring.

Montreal Canadiens (42-19-7)

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Parenteau

Eller - De La Rose - Smith-Pelly

Prust - Mitchell - Weise

Markov - Subban

Gilbert - Petry

Beaulieu- Pateryn

Price

NY Islanders (43-23-4)

Bailey - Tavares - Okposo

Grabner - Nelson - Kulemin

Lee - Nielsen - Kennedy

Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

de Haan - Boychuk

Strait - Hamonic

Hickey - Donovan

Neuvirth

at least these lines finally make sense. Hopefully they can least at least through the 1st period.

Looks like he popped his shoulder out on a faceoff.

Another top notch offensive period, I think they had 2 scoring chances.

He's out for the game.

The Habs had more than two scoring chances though. The Isles picked it up towards the end of the period but I didn't think it was that bad of an effort.

That was a much better 2nd period from the Habs. The Plekanec line executed a 3-on-2 perfectly and Pacioretty scoring his 2nd SHG in as many nights is pretty nice too. Eller had a good pass to set that one up although Neuvirth couldn't have bungled that much worse.

And yes, that was a nice save from Price. Even though Martin didn't get much of anything on it, that was still pretty impressive.