Mar. 17, Habs vs Panthers, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Its going to take a lot more than one good playoff series against Tampa Bay for me to see Eller as anything other than a 30 pt a season guy who will go 15 games between points at least twice a year.

Yes he had 5 points in 4 games against Tampa....

Yes he had four multi point games in the next 13 games....

but in the other eleven he had 1 assist.

He also only had 1 shot in the entire rangers series.

Zero consistency to his game. Never will be.

Yea he was nothing special, but he gets the print because the others were worse.

Agree that you have to be practically invisible on your team if Lars Eller leads the offense after 17 play off games.

Bah, Eller has taken a lot of grief, and deserved most of it this season as we all hold our breath for that big offensive break out that sees him pot 25 goals and 60 points.

What I have seen is a big strong guy, that can skate turn into a pretty good defensive center, really good on face offs, and may just be developing into that 3rd line shut down guy.

He has shown flashes of offense yeah, but I think we may need to realize what he is, and what he is being developed into by Habs brass...

A big strong excellent skating defensive center...

I'm more satisified now that I have forsaken the idea he will ever be a top scorer on this team.

Missed this game, my second this year, glad for the win, but glad I didn't have to agonize through that third period...

Great game summary on the home page told me all I need to know :)

Eller thus far has indeed been just a 30 point per year player. And he has also gone on cold streaks where nothing goes right and we question his existence. But he also tears it up during certain times, and some of those times happen to be during the playoffs. So what would you rather, Eller get 1 point every 2.7 games and show some "consistency", or would you rather him have the ability to change a game at any given time?

You don't need game changers if you have players that consistently score.

Bah, Eller has taken a lot of grief, and deserved most of it this season as we all hold our breath for that big offensive break out that sees him pot 25 goals and 60 points.

What I have seen is a big strong guy, that can skate turn into a pretty good defensive center, really good on face offs, and may just be developing into that 3rd line shut down guy.

He has shown flashes of offense yeah, but I think we may need to realize what he is, and what he is being developed into by Habs brass...

A big strong excellent skating defensive center...

I'm more satisified now that I have forsaken the idea he will ever be a top scorer on this team.

Missed this game, my second this year, glad for the win, but glad I didn't have to agonize through that third period...

Great game summary on the home page told me all I need to know :)

Well said. Eller is what he is, not what we hoped he would be. A big third line center, fearless in going into corners, behind or in front of net in puck pursuit. But a third line center no doubt. Now if the two centers that play in front of him and get all the pp time show up in the play offs with stellar play (dont hold your breath) Habs would have a shot.

Tom Gilbert just behind Subban for TOI

MT says i noticed fatigue in our players in the third period, no energy.

TOI

Prust 8 min.

Gally 12

Weiss 9

Manny 10

Chucky 13

Pateryn 11

when he notices fatigue............. wonder if using everyone on the bench is a good coaching move

might not get out shot 21-4 in the third ..... duh

I agree with you guys about Eller (about him turning into a 3rd line center), the problem is that we have a very good and younger 3rd line center making a splash (De la rose) we can't have both in the line up!

I agree with you guys about Eller (about him turning into a 3rd line center), the problem is that we have a very good and younger 3rd line center making a splash (De la rose) we can't have both in the line up!

Aye, a dilemma...

We have two no 2 centers and two no 3 centers ha!

Then theres Chucky who cant play center yet, cause he`s just a wittle kid

btw......if Alex was taken off the center position after two weeks because he was struggling.............what do you do when he is struggling for an even longer period at wing.

Game Report!

+A near sellout in Sunrise. Of course the Panther's couldn't handle it. They had five metal detectors manned by retired women for thousands of people who went through single file. I missed the puck drop after being in line for thirty minutes. There was an old woman at one, and they got older until the last one was a fossil. Are they running a security check point or a museum?

+Why so many shots? The Habs are collapsing low in the defensive zone to clear rebounds. That's why there are few rebounds turning into goals, but so many point/perimeter shots. The Habs get cycled into the ground making the fancy stats look worse than they should be. Oh well, that's Therrien. I have a sneaking suspicion that Markov is making in-game adjustments on the ice.

+Tom Gilbert IS NOT comfortable on his offside. He spent most of the night looking over his shoulder and he was out of position more often than not. The second goal happened because he wasn't able to get his stick on the puck fast enough.

+I was happy to see Tokarski get the win. His rebound control is an abomination, and that may explain why the center was collapsing almost in line with the defensemen.

+The Subban goal was a beauty live. He was giving the Habs players on the bench "the gun" which was a riot.

+Who the heck know why, but after the final whistle Willie Mitchell started rabbit punching Lars Eller. He got in four good whacks and then Eller speared him!

+These guys play again twice, they need the wins. The Panthers are falling fast out of the race.

Nice Florida swing for #8 and great for Tokarski to have a much better game and hopefully gain some confidence.

Rose +2, 15+minutes and 3 shots, well done.

Too bad Paranteau got more icetime than Weise.

We have two no 2 centers and two no 3 centers ha!

Then theres Chucky who cant play center yet, cause he`s just a wittle kid

btw......if Alex was taken off the center position after two weeks because he was struggling.............what do you do when he is struggling for an even longer period at wing.

First there is defence and then maybe as a goalie. He might be that new PPcoach we have asked for.

Game Report!

+A near sellout in Sunrise. Of course the Panther's couldn't handle it. They had five metal detectors manned by retired women for thousands of people who went through single file. I missed the puck drop after being in line for thirty minutes. There was an old woman at one, and they got older until the last one was a fossil. Are they running a security check point or a museum?

+Why so many shots? The Habs are collapsing low in the defensive zone to clear rebounds. That's why there are few rebounds turning into goals, but so many point/perimeter shots. The Habs get cycled into the ground making the fancy stats look worse than they should be. Oh well, that's Therrien. I have a sneaking suspicion that Markov is making in-game adjustments on the ice.

+Tom Gilbert IS NOT comfortable on his offside. He spent most of the night looking over his shoulder and he was out of position more often than not. The second goal happened because he wasn't able to get his stick on the puck fast enough.

+I was happy to see Tokarski get the win. His rebound control is an abomination, and that may explain why the center was collapsing almost in line with the defensemen.

+The Subban goal was a beauty live. He was giving the Habs players on the bench "the gun" which was a riot.

+Who the heck know why, but after the final whistle Willie Mitchell started rabbit punching Lars Eller. He got in four good whacks and then Eller speared him!

+These guys play again twice, they need the wins. The Panthers are falling fast out of the race.

Great report from being at the game live.

Thanks

First there is defence and then maybe as a goalie. He might be that new PPcoach we have asked for.

hey, there is thinking out side the box.

Trivia : Max Paceriotty has one 3 assist game in his career. Who was his centerman.

Hint : He scored the only hat trick of his career the same night.

Why?

Rose played wing yesterday and had 2pt game, what is the problem with that?

Why are so many so fixated on pigeoholing players as this or that, Eller can play wing so can de la Rose and dela Rose isnt a strong centre yet, so he will have growing pains.

Why?

Why are so many so fixated on pigeoholing players as this or that, Eller can play wing so can de la Rose and dela Rose isnt a strong centre yet, so he will have growing pains.

(who is Habs best offensive forward...he is a winger, why arnt fans crying fro him to be a centre?)

Why?

Because max has always been a winger....and he scores more goals in a season for the Canadiens than anyone since Damphouse. Leave him where he is lighting it up.

Besides, as long as MT is coach nobody not named DD or Plekanic gets those top two spots...and he means nobody.

friggin quoted myself and couldn't edit, oh well.

Habs on pace for 110pts, nice. Who would of predicted that in Oct?

But, hope simply use last 11 games as practice and work in some of reserves and send Pacioretty, Markov & Subban on paid vacation to Australia for last few weeks. :nuts:

Guest Stogey24

But, hope simply use last 11 games as practice and work in some of reserves and send Pacioretty, Markov & Subban on paid vacation to Australia for last few weeks. :nuts:

Kind of the reason I'd like to see Beaulieu with Subban. Give old man Markov a little less ice time. Beaulieu has done his best when he's played over 20mins in a game too

Have a look by yourself http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?showtopic=24840

Kind of the reason I'd like to see Beaulieu with Subban. Give old man Markov a little less ice time. Beaulieu has done his best when he's played over 20mins in a game too

Yes i agree. Suggested it long ago.

Against "heavy" competition Beaulieu gets pushed around too easily, so another summer in weight room still likely required before he is really ready to play 20min/gm on regular basis.

Guest Stogey24

Haven't seen him get pushed around, but he does need some weight added for sure. By this point in the season these guys are a lot smaller than they were at the beginning of the year

Haven't seen him get pushed around, but he does need some weight added for sure. By this point in the season these guys are a lot smaller than they were at the beginning of the year

Correct.

I have not seen him get knocked around either, but in the physicality department he is one of the tougher and fearless Canadiens. He will go to the dirty areas and take hits to make a play. Thats a major plus.