Mar. 19, Hurricanes vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Outshot 27-12 in last 2 periods. Coast into the playoffs mode! :blush:

Gallagher-Plekanec-Pacioretty seemed to work out quite well together(+6/5pts).

Got to admit, Gilbert had a solid game with just couple gaffs.

Nice to see Weise & Prust both get decent icetime.

Price now sitting at 1.89gaa and .937, how many trophies will he end up with?

Do they still have that Jennings one?

Seems all are pleased with Pateryn's play.

I don't know if I've ever seen a goalie play as well, for as long a stretch of time, as Carey Price has played. He is at a level right now that is easily among the all-time greats at his position. (Of course, he will not be rated an 'all-time great' unless he captures a certain silver mug one day...but he is playing like a generational goalie talent, and has been for two years running now).

It didn't really feel like we got outshot.

Same. Was worried like twice about losing the shutout for my fantasy pool goalie, CAAAAREEEEY PRIIIIICE !!! (on my way to win the "best goalie of the pool award" for a 3rd straight year after Lundqvist and Niemi.)

Max has been on pace for 39goals forever, will he actually come up just short of 40 again?

5 goals in 10 games is doable but it's hard to expect that to happen. He'll wind up somewhere between 38-41 again. Who knows, maybe an empty net attempt will make or break his chance for 40?

Go Sens Go!

(Hope they squeak in and that New England team fades)

PJ Stock was almost crying last night because "...the team we all love.." lost to Sens.

(I got as much a chuckle from his misery and idiotic commentary, as I often do from Jon Stewart's rants.)

Go Sens Go!

PJ Stock was almost crying last night because "...the team we all love.." lost to Sens.

(I got as much a chuckle from his misery and idiotic commentary, as I often do from Jon Stewart's rants.)

Ok but Jon Stewart actually has a functioning brain unlike that little peckerhead Stock.

• Upvote 1

Ok but Jon Stewart actually has a functioning brain unlike that little peckerhead Stock.

At least Stewart did have, until he showed up on WWE wrestling...

Guest Stogey24

Go Sens Go!

Hells ya, give me Ottawa all day. That Hammond train is going to run out of steam at some point

I was at the game last night and noticed a couple of things if anyone is interested.

• Although the Galchenyuk line was a mess most of the night I could definitely see why MT put them together, with a little bit of chemistry/time Parenteau and Chucky could be good together but I just don't see DD as the other part of that line. maybe DSP with Chucky in the middle? I even saw PA taking to Galcheyuk a couple of time with an expression of "what the ###### were you trying to do back there" kind of thing. They got better as the game got older.
  • The Defense was solid, I was especially impressed with Pateryn and Gillbert. Gillbert made smart plays all night. Also Beaulieu did a great job of pinching in at the right time to cut off passes.
  • Carolina was Terrible....even tho they came on in the later stages of the game. I at no time felt that we were in danger of losing this one.
  • fourth line looked good (but again Carolina was just bad)

Overall the game lacked any real flow but that could be because I was a little drunk on $10 Molson Ex's.

At least Stewart did have, until he showed up on WWE wrestling...

I never heard about that but sounds like something he would do. The man is hilarious and I for one will miss him.

I don't know if I've ever seen a goalie play as well, for as long a stretch of time, as Carey Price has played. He is at a level right now that is easily among the all-time greats at his position. (Of course, he will not be rated an 'all-time great' unless he captures a certain silver mug one day...but he is playing like a generational goalie talent, and has been for two years running now).

MVP of the league for sure.